Jump to content

Community

Members Shop ( Support Topic )


TheJackal84

Recommended Posts

On 5/23/2018 at 5:12 PM, Vanucci said:

What does evox points offer that memebrs shops own point dont ? 

Although it doesn't do it properly (Because it's easy to exploit), Points for Reputation, I can't find that option in Membershops.

Edited by Tripp★
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

Points for Reputation, I can't find that option in Membershops.

Go to the rep itself, If you have points enabled then it won't show up in there as points uses it own

I said that about the rep months ago in a post but he took no notice lol.

The way my rep system work is it will check if the member received points already if they did, then they get no more if they didn't then they will get the points, if they remove the rep they remove the points too, that was the first thing what I noticed when I created mine, I always look for back doors and ways to cheat so I can stop them, The members shop one can't be exploited in that way :biggrin:

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Go to the rep itself, If you have points enabled then it won't show up in there as points uses it own

I said that about the rep months ago in a post but he took no notice lol.

The way my rep system work is it will check if the member received points already if they did, then they get no more if they didn't then they will get the points, if they remove the rep they remove the points too, that was the first thing what I noticed when I created mine, I always look for back doors and ways to cheat so I can stop them, The members shop one can't be exploited in that way :biggrin:

I disabled points and this didn't appear for me:

image.thumb.png.49fd0347c5f0c9e6744b291a49bcf78a.png

Maybe I'm confused; where exactly is it supposed to show up, and will this work on Statuses, because I noticed that with points - it didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

I disabled points and this didn't appear for me:

image.thumb.png.49fd0347c5f0c9e6744b291a49bcf78a.png

Maybe I'm confused; where exactly is it supposed to show up, and will this work on Statuses, because I noticed that with points - it didn't.

you disabled them, but in the member shop settings, You still have it set to evo_points and not shop points?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes... I'm rather stuck with that until I can move the points over to the Member's Shop and the Bank Points from Points, to the Bank at Member's Shop. 

I will eagerly await this 1.1.0 release so I can transfer all that over and get rid of the points app completely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

Yes... I'm rather stuck with that until I can move the points over to the Member's Shop and the Bank Points from Points, to the Bank at Member's Shop. 

I will eagerly await this 1.1.0 release so I can transfer all that over and get rid of the points app completely.

it's coming, I have added so much to it, there is so much more ways to add points, and if you own rules or even the lite version, you can do basically anything you want to award / remove them, You can even charge people to post on a certain topic etc the world is your oyster :biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

What is the point of integrating with the points application? I view Members Shop as a replacement to points. Is there something points does that Members Shop does not do?

There isn't a point anymore; and I agree with you - today. But back in November 2017 when I purchased the Point's app, the Member's Shop wasn't really seen as a replacement, but more of an add-on, really. In the future from what @TheJackal84 has said, the Members Shop is pretty much going to be way better. ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

What is the point of integrating with the points application? I view Members Shop as a replacement to points. Is there something points does that Members Shop does not do?

 

3 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

There isn't a point anymore; and I agree with you - today. But back in November 2017 when I purchased the Point's app, the Member's Shop wasn't really seen as a replacement, but more of an add-on, really. In the future from what @TheJackal84 has said, the Members Shop is pretty much going to be way better. ? 

When I started making members shop, it was more of a point system then a shop, Then a few days before it got released, I see points on the marketplace, and I thought there was no point making it as one just got released, So I thought of the shop to spend points, I put a basic point system in member shop so that people weren't forced to buy 2 apps to make it work, Points extends the gallery and blogs what members shop don't ( at the minute anyway ) so I thought that would be to intregrate to the shop if they wanted to, But after requests from everyone here this is where the shop is now at with a more advanced points system then I even planned in the first place.

PS if a file is broken you all need to report them, If a dev has abandoned their app or plugin then there is a new feature for the IPS staff to disable purchases of it, And no one else gets stung with a broken application, and maybe make the dev pull their finger out as they will get a message from the staff explaining it's disabled and not available for sale

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, TheJackal84 said:

another 2 more shop items coming in 1.1.0

These are for @Fosters Trophys & medals

You can still buy random trophies but now you can but trophies or medals from a list you will choose in the item settings

qyRSDlS.png

XWgWDfY.png

If you don't own trophies & medals, I would recommend buying it to give your members some unique stuff, Example... Make one medal either a image or font-awesome icon, then set the item to have 1 in stock ( make sure no moderator etc awards it ), Now that is unique and no one else on the site will have the medal they got, Gives the shop a little bit more of a buzz to get on there and see whats available before the next person grabs the item

Great! This is an option I wanted. Glad to see it happening. :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.1.0

New Features

  • Buy & Use
    • You can now buy & use items straight away without storing it in the members my items page
      • Members will have a choice to buy & use or buy & store
  • Sell Item Back
    • Members can now sell back their unwanted stored items ( this will not put the item back in the store as it could be very old and removed from the store, It will just delete the item )
    • You can set a % to charge users for selling their items back, Example.. If the item costs 500 points and you set the setting to 20%, the member will get 400 points back as 20% of 500 is 100, So 500 - 100 = 400 points and so on
  • Moderator Permissions
    • Select certain moderators to be allowed to buy items for free
    • If anyone, who has the moderator permissions to buy items for free, Try to sell back any items, they will not receive any points for the item as they didn't pay for it
  • Downloads
    • You can now allow your members to charge points on their uploads in order for other users to download them
    • Set a % in commission to take for each point paid download the upload author gets
    • You can now award your members points for reviewing files ( The amount of points can be set on a per category basis )
    • You can now awars your members points for commenting on files ( The amount of points can be set on a per category basis )
  • Forums
    • There is a new button in the forum category matrix allowing you to choose if you want to remove the points awarded for the topics / posts if said topic / post gets deleted ( this is a hard delete if they are still pending deletion then the points will remain until it is permanently  deleted )
    • You can now award your members points for having their post marked as best answer in question forums
      • Like the other forum points settings the points can be set on a per category basis via the forum matrix settings
        • If the best answer gets changed to another post, it will remove the points awarded to the member with the original best answer and then award them to the member with the new best answer, it will also change the reward log of it to the new member
        • If the best answer gets removed then the points will be removed from the member as well
  • Shop Items
    • Membership Upgrades
      • You can now choose to set member group upgrades permanently as well as for set time periods
    • Custom Code / Coupon
      • You can now create custom code / coupon items, allowing you to add a code to the item what will automatically be sent to the user via PM on redemption, This can be used for any codes including vouchers / game codes etc
    • Buy A Trophy ( Trophies & Medals must be installed for this item )
      • Pick a trophy from a list of your created trophies and allow your users to buy them
    • Buy A Medal ( Trophies & Medals must be installed for this item )
      • Pick a medal from a list of your created medals and allow your users to buy them
    • Reset Reputation Points
      • Allow users to reset their reputation points to 0 ( useful if they get hit with lot's of stolen rep from other members and go into the negative )
  • Clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for creating topics in clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for replying to topics in clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for uploading files in clubs
    • All the club features are set globally and not per category like the forums & downloads matrix's because they are user built it could get out of hand
  • Calendars
    • You can now award members points for creating events in calendars
    • You can now award members points for commenting on calendar events
    • You can now award members points for reviewing calendar events
    • The amount of points awarded can be set differently for different calendars
  • Commerce
    • You can now award members points for reviewing products
  • Member Statuses
    • You can now award members points for adding a status
    • You can now award members points for replying to statuses
  • Warning System
    • When you warn a user you can now set it to penalize them by removing x amount of points ( You can set different points for different reasons )
  • ACP
    • There is a new menu showing all the current & expired membership upgrades and showing if they are active / downgraded or pending downgrade via the tasks
    • Added filters to the custom purchases page so you can select from 'Needs awarding', 'Awarded' & 'All'
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all custom item purchases not yet redeemed by the users along with the details of the purchase
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all of the custom code items bought and if they were redeemed along with the details of the purchase
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all of the items bought and if they are redeemed along with the details of the purchase
  • Other
    • Added a setting allowing to to transfer all  your evox_points over to shop points, Once you do this all the members evox_points will be set to 0
  • 3rd Party Application integration
    • Automation Rules
      • You can now set a action to award Members Shop points for any of your created conditions
      • You can now set a action to remove Member Shop points for any of your created conditions
      • These features fully expand the ways you can award / remove Member shop points I highly recommend buying this 3rd party application to take this app to the max
    • Media Uploader
      • Award points to users for uploading images
      • Award points to users for uploading video files
      • Award points to users for uploading audio files
      • Award points to users for uploading documents
  • Other
    • Changed the item description to allow use of the editor and alot more text
    • Moved the items description from below the item name replacing the purchases button, you can hover for the description or click for a pop up

 

After updating go to the categories you created and re-save the names of them so it will sync with the new friendly urls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Updated to 1.1.0

New Features

  • Buy & Use
    • You can now buy & use items straight away without storing it in the members my items page
      • Members will have a choice to buy & use or buy & store
  • Sell Item Back
    • Members can now sell back their unwanted stored items ( this will not put the item back in the store as it could be very old and removed from the store, It will just delete the item )
    • You can set a % to charge users for selling their items back, Example.. If the item costs 500 points and you set the setting to 20%, the member will get 400 points back as 20% of 500 is 100, So 500 - 100 = 400 points and so on
  • Moderator Permissions
    • Select certain moderators to be allowed to buy items for free
    • If anyone, who has the moderator permissions to buy items for free, Try to sell back any items, they will not receive any points for the item as they didn't pay for it
  • Downloads
    • You can now allow your members to charge points on their uploads in order for other users to download them
    • Set a % in commission to take for each point paid download the upload author gets
    • You can now award your members points for reviewing files ( The amount of points can be set on a per category basis )
    • You can now awars your members points for commenting on files ( The amount of points can be set on a per category basis )
  • Forums
    • There is a new button in the forum category matrix allowing you to choose if you want to remove the points awarded for the topics / posts if said topic / post gets deleted ( this is a hard delete if they are still pending deletion then the points will remain until it is permanently  deleted )
    • You can now award your members points for having their post marked as best answer in question forums
      • Like the other forum points settings the points can be set on a per category basis via the forum matrix settings
        • If the best answer gets changed to another post, it will remove the points awarded to the member with the original best answer and then award them to the member with the new best answer, it will also change the reward log of it to the new member
        • If the best answer gets removed then the points will be removed from the member as well
  • Shop Items
    • Membership Upgrades
      • You can now choose to set member group upgrades permanently as well as for set time periods
    • Custom Code / Coupon
      • You can now create custom code / coupon items, allowing you to add a code to the item what will automatically be sent to the user via PM on redemption, This can be used for any codes including vouchers / game codes etc
    • Buy A Trophy ( Trophies & Medals must be installed for this item )
      • Pick a trophy from a list of your created trophies and allow your users to buy them
    • Buy A Medal ( Trophies & Medals must be installed for this item )
      • Pick a medal from a list of your created medals and allow your users to buy them
    • Reset Reputation Points
      • Allow users to reset their reputation points to 0 ( useful if they get hit with lot's of stolen rep from other members and go into the negative )
  • Clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for creating topics in clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for replying to topics in clubs
    • You can now choose to award points to users for uploading files in clubs
    • All the club features are set globally and not per category like the forums & downloads matrix's because they are user built it could get out of hand
  • Calendars
    • You can now award members points for creating events in calendars
    • You can now award members points for commenting on calendar events
    • You can now award members points for reviewing calendar events
    • The amount of points awarded can be set differently for different calendars
  • Commerce
    • You can now award members points for reviewing products
  • Member Statuses
    • You can now award members points for adding a status
    • You can now award members points for replying to statuses
  • Warning System
    • When you warn a user you can now set it to penalize them by removing x amount of points ( You can set different points for different reasons )
  • ACP
    • There is a new menu showing all the current & expired membership upgrades and showing if they are active / downgraded or pending downgrade via the tasks
    • Added filters to the custom purchases page so you can select from 'Needs awarding', 'Awarded' & 'All'
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all custom item purchases not yet redeemed by the users along with the details of the purchase
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all of the custom code items bought and if they were redeemed along with the details of the purchase
    • Added a new page to the ACP showing all of the items bought and if they are redeemed along with the details of the purchase
  • Other
    • Added a setting allowing to to transfer all  your evox_points over to shop points, Once you do this all the members evox_points will be set to 0
  • 3rd Party Application integration
    • Automation Rules
      • You can now set a action to award Members Shop points for any of your created conditions
      • You can now set a action to remove Member Shop points for any of your created conditions
      • These features fully expand the ways you can award / remove Member shop points I highly recommend buying this 3rd party application to take this app to the max
    • Media Uploader
      • Award points to users for uploading images
      • Award points to users for uploading video files
      • Award points to users for uploading audio files
      • Award points to users for uploading documents
  • Other
    • Changed the item description to allow use of the editor and alot more text
    • Moved the items description from below the item name replacing the purchases button, you can hover for the description or click for a pop up

 

After updating go to the categories you created and re-save the names of them so it will sync with the new friendly urls

Woohoo been waiting on this, well done and thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Joel R said:

This is a big update, nice job

It's the longest any update has took me, and I done over 100 updates last year lol

There is loads more I have got in mind,but if I had continued then it would of just knocked back the release back by longer, so thought I would release this and then start on 1.1.1, I am thinking maybe allow members who have stored items to list them for sale on say a members black market, they could wind up earning some nice points if they buy out the unique items to sell, unless the admin decides hmm here is 5 more, then their unique one is not worth so much, it's all about risk. ( This is just a idea though )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great update! Thanks a lot. I will review all the features next week.

But 1 question right now: It's about the IP.Downloads files, that shall be sold with points

Situation:

A test user created a "free download" file, now I edit the details as the admin and enter the points price (it shall be soId for 50 Points per download f.e.), but it doesn't save the 50 Points Price. It is still available for free. And after returning to the file - editing the file details - the "free" points checkbox is flagged again. What is wrong?

And question 2:

What happens if a user sells a "paid download file", but doesn't want to sell it with points? The input mask for entering a points price is still viewable, and I have only options to enter a price or set it to "free", but I think, there should be an option to say "no points price available".

Edited by Cyboman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fantastic update, I've found one problem already though. When you transfer EVOX points over to Members Shop, it doesn't transfer the banked points. It also didn't delete them either so it's not a problem for me, I can do this manually in MySQL because very few used the bank.

Also whilst I was upgrading I got this error in my system log:

Error (1091) Can't DROP COLUMN `full_description`; check that it exists: dropColumn ["membersshop_items","full_description"]

Backtrace:

#0 /home/site/public_html/system/Application/Application.php(1583): IPS\_Log::log('Error (1091) Ca...', 'upgrade_error')
#1 /home/site/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(768): IPS\_Application->installDatabaseUpdates(11000)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#3 /home/site/public_html/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 /home/site/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(886): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#5 /home/site/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#6 /home/site/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/site/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/site/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#9 /home/site/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

 

Edited by Tripp★
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

A test user created a "free download" file, now I edit the details as the admin and enter the points price (it shall be soId for 50 Points per download f.e.), but it doesn't save the 50 Points Price. It is still available for free. And after returning to the file - editing the file details - the "free" points checkbox is flagged again. What is wrong?

it shouldn't, run the support tool and see if it says anything is missing

17 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

Fantastic update, I've found one problem already though. When you transfer EVOX points over to Members Shop, it doesn't transfer the banked points. It also didn't delete them either so it's not a problem for me, I can do this manually in MySQL because very few used the bank.

No I couldn't do bank points as I don't know the place they are stored, it should of deleted them and set them to 0

best thing to do is set the on hand evox_points to 0 ( if you done the transfer ), put a announcement up saying in 7 or 14 days time the points in the bank will all be set to 0, they need to withdraw it and add their points to the new members shop bank, offer them some more interest for the first month or something to give them more incentive to do it quicker

I will check that error, it was a new column I was adding for a short and long description but I stuck with long only and kept the older names, they all should of been removed and not even run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EVOX Bank points are stored in the same location as evox_points, it's just called evox_bank; in the core_members area. But it's not a problem I manually moved them over to the new points table. It did Zero all of evox_points, it didn't touch evox_bank. - Just to clear up confusion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Great update! Thanks a lot. I will review all the features next week.

But 1 question right now: It's about the IP.Downloads files, that shall be sold with points

Situation:

A test user created a "free download" file, now I edit the details as the admin and enter the points price (it shall be soId for 50 Points per download f.e.), but it doesn't save the 50 Points Price. It is still available for free. And after returning to the file - editing the file details - the "free" points checkbox is flagged again. What is wrong?

And question 2:

What happens if a user sells a "paid download file", but doesn't want to sell it with points? The input mask for entering a points price is still viewable, and I have only options to enter a price or set it to "free", but I think, there should be an option to say "no points price available".

There's definitely more complexity when applying points to download files.  You have 4 scenarios:

1. Use Points / Use $

2.. Use Points / No $

3. No Points / Use $

4. No Points / No $

(The last case is basically an undownloadable file, but I included it here for completeness sake).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Joel R said:

What happens if a user sells a "paid download file", but doesn't want to sell it with points? The input mask for entering a points price is still viewable, and I have only options to enter a price or set it to "free", but I think, there should be an option to say "no points price available".

if nexus is installed it will show in the list of free, paid, associate with product and then points, There is a little bug with it not saving when editing the file, I am fixing that inbetween these comments

7 minutes ago, Joel R said:

There's definitely more complexity when applying points to download files.  You have 4 scenarios:

1. Use Points / Use $

2.. Use Points / No $

3. No Points / Use $

4. No Points / No $

(The last case is basically an undownloadable file, but I included it here for completeness sake). 

you have only 1 choice, if you set it to $ then you can not use points, if you set it to points then you can not sell it for $, if you set it for free, its free :biggrin:

selecting one or the other will remove what is not selected, it would be greedy to charge $$ as well as points ?

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

it shouldn't, run the support tool and see if it says anything is missing

Nothing but the IPS patches for the latest IPS release… Don't think it's them… ? 

Another issue I found:

The membership upgrades haven't been converted correctly. They now show as an members shop item with a price only. I can't see any more settings for the membership upgrade item (like upgrade to xy group, for how long….)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have completed the upgrade and I am running the most recent version. When a member purchases an item and "stores" it and then goes to the stored item and trys to redeem iot he gets a "could not locate item" error. Did I do something wrong or is this possibly a bug?

2018-06-15_9-23-36.thumb.jpg.57087067c3ac3ae81e738f9d15c41e1e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy