Members Shop ( Support Topic )

4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I have also made it better for clubs, they can now receive points from topics and posts etc, but these points are set globally instead of per category as it will depend the size of the boards to how many settings for it there will be, Also the fact the admin will need to check constantly to see if there is any new forums to them etc

By club forums and topics, does this also extend to club albums and images, club files, club calendar events, etc.  ?

6 minutes ago, Joel R said:

By club forums and topics, does this also extend to club albums and images, club files, club calendar events, etc.  ?

the forums & downloads it does, the downloads it will only award for uploading them not downloading ( this is only clubs not the normal downloads ) of course the uploader will be able to set a price for it and get points that way minus the commission you will set, I don't own gallery or blogs yet so I can not intregrate them to the points system, But I will be getting them all soon, as soon as I hear about them dev licenses or not

Edited by TheJackal84
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:47 AM, TheJackal84 said:

1.0.9 is coming soon and will allow users to charge points for their downloads if you use the downloads app

Some suggestions concerning this, as I have a downloads files portal with free and also paid files, as well as fun files and also files of serious value. So some feature integrations for flexibility might be good, and some protection mechanisms, that portal owners won't impoverish:

• charge yes/no per download. The author of each download should be able to select, if his download should be able to be purchased in a points currency or not. why? if we mix up points for fun and points for commerce, we get problems, as users earn points for free (with topics and easily spend them), but then, files authors want to have their points value for paid downloads files in real money back (as withdrawal, after commission on their account). paid downloads, that have to be purchased, should be forced to be paid with real money, and points purchases denied as an option.
  • let downloads files authors specify their downloads files points price themselves.
  • exclude downloads files (or categories) from being purchased with points. some of the files should stay free or stay paid...

I reckon, if downloads will be purchased with the points currency, the author will receive the value in points, not in real money on his withdrawal account. Am I right?

1 minute ago, Cyboman said:

Some suggestions concerning this, as I have a downloads files portal with free and also paid files, as well as fun files and also files of serious value. So some feature integrations for flexibility might be good, and some protection mechanisms, that portal owners won't impoverish:

There is a option to set it free

charge yes/no per download. The author of each download should be able to select, if his download should be able to be purchased in a points currency or not. why? if we mix up points for fun and points for commerce, we get problems, as users earn points for free (with topics and easily spend them), but then, files authors want to have their points value for paid downloads files in real money back (as withdrawal, after commission on their account). paid downloads, that have to be purchased, should be forced to be paid with real money, and points purchases denied as an option.

If the file is a paid via commerce then the points will not come into play, they can not set it for real money and points it is one or the other

4 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

let downloads files authors specify their downloads files points price themselves.

The uploader will set the price, It is their file they can set the value of it :biggrin:,

4 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

exclude downloads files (or categories) from being purchased with points. some of the files should stay free or stay paid...

That's not available ( yet anyway )

19 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

GwEuvlK.png

Will there be an option to deposit different codes for single-time-use? -> a different code for each purchaser?

If yes, we could sell discount vouchers there, that aren't bound to a special person, but can only be used once. So there won't be misuse with these codes/vouchers...

Will there be an option to deposit different codes for single-time-use? -> a different code for each purchaser?

If yes, we could sell discount vouchers there, that aren't bound to a special person, but can only be used once. So there won't be misuse with these codes/vouchers...

You will set the amount of stock, If there is only 1 code you will put 1 in stock if there is 10 you would put 10 and so on

One other question:

I've been using the points system (evoxpoints) in combination with the members shop, but the evoxpoints support is one of the worst I've ever seen. So I'm very lucky to see this members shop system evolve and I can't thank you enough for it (except for purchasing more of your great apps! ?)

I'm considering totally dropping the points system (evoxpoints) and have to ask, if there are any steps to do before deinstalling. I want to go on only with the members shop app, which is definitely the best points app in the marketplace.

• Will my members lose their existing points, if I deinstall the other unsupported app (evoxpoints)?
  • Will I need to do any database operations (to change the ongoing use for members shop)?
  • Can I easily revert the usage of both points systems to only (and exclusive) the members shop points system?

Thanks for the information.

Edited by Cyboman

One other question:

I've been using the points system (evoxpoints) in combination with the members shop, but its support is one of the worst I've ever seen. So I'm very lucky to see this members shop system evolve and I can't thank your for it enough (except for purchasing more of your great apps! ?)

I'm considering totally dropping the points system (evoxpoints) and have to ask, if there are any steps to do before deinstalling. I want to go on only with the members shop app, which is definitely the best points app in the marketplace.

• Will my members lose their existing points, if I deinstall the other unsupported app (evoxpoints)?
  • Will I need to do any database operations (to change the ongoing use for members shop)?
  • Can I easily revert the usage of both points systems to only (and exclusive) the members shop points system?

Thanks for the information.

If you are using evox_points then if you uninstall your members will lose all their points from that database column, I could put a script in the app to allow transfer of the points though,

Yes you can revert very easy just flick the switch on what points you want to use and it will start using the shop points

Hello,

I would like to suggest adding to the logs the following events:

- Points received after a purchase from commerce app (in case of a dispute on PayPal, I have no way to prove that the points were added to the account)

- Points deducted after a purchase in member shop app

- Item used (unless you can add a way to redeem an item right after purchasing it)

Right now it only logs points from posts and reputation.. and unless i'm missing something, there is no way to check when a purchase was made; if the item has been used, or if the points were delivered when purchased from commerce app

Please don't disregard this suggestion like you did with negative points (still waiting and crying ? )

23 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

I could put a script in the app to allow transfer of the points though,

Support for Points Economy coming soon as well?:rolleyes:  or not so soon?:sad:

33 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

- Points received after a purchase from commerce app (in case of a dispute on PayPal, I have no way to prove that the points were added to the account)

I can see what I can do

- Points deducted after a purchase in member shop app

For the users or ACP?

- Item used (unless you can add a way to redeem an item right after purchasing it)

they can go to logs and filter to show only theirs

Right now it only logs points from posts and reputation.. and unless i'm missing something, there is no way to check when a purchase was made; if the item has been used, or if the points were delivered when purchased from commerce app

the logs show everything apart from custom items, when they purchase points from commerce it will show in the nexus transactions etc

Please don't disregard this suggestion like you did with negative points (still waiting and crying ? )

That's added to 1.0.9 so :biggrin: lol ( this is only for deletion and not pending deletion, it has to be deleted )

Support for Points Economy coming soon as well?:rolleyes:  or not so soon?:sad:

No, I doubt I will be supporting any other points system, the one it does is unsupported by the dev so am thinking if it should be dropped altogether

For what's coming in 1.0.9 read here

Edited by TheJackal84
Just now, Optic14 said:

Hi @TheJackal84 the issue is the friendly URLs are supposed to be active in IPS menu bar (no redirect should be necessary in the first place)

I don’t seem  to have this issue with other third party apps in IPs menu bar.

I don't understand what you mean, Every friendly has it's base url, What is the redirect?

As I mentioned in my first post, the Shop URL in Menu bar is not friendly URL:

url-issue.thumb.png.d56e558d8e677c05f4601c1ef31addb2.png

https://animeforums.net/index.php?app=membersshop&module=shop&controller=main

Yes it does redirect correctly to friendly URL when you click on it, but shouldn't it be friendly URL in first place? e.g. like the other IPS links:
https://animeforums.net/clubs/
https://animeforums.net/blogs/

etc.

Even other 3rd party apps I use have friendly URLs in first place, e.g. (Quizzes by @Adriano Faria ) 
https://animeforums.net/quizzes/

and Videobox by @onlyME
https://animeforums.net/anime/

Just now, Optic14 said:

As I mentioned in my first post, the Shop URL in Menu bar is not friendly URL:

https://animeforums.net/index.php?app=membersshop&module=shop&controller=main

Yes it does redirect correctly to friendly URL when you click on it, but shouldn't it be friendly URL in first place? e.g. like the other IPS links:
https://animeforums.net/clubs/
https://animeforums.net/blogs/

etc.

Even other 3rd party apps I use have friendly URLs in first place, e.g. (Quizzes by @Adriano Faria ) 
https://animeforums.net/quizzes/

and Videobox by @onlyME
https://animeforums.net/anime/

That will just be the title on hover or something, I will check it

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

For the users or ACP?

2 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

Both if possible, or only ACP. at least I would be able to check and let them know. I see that it's included in 1.0.9

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

For what's coming in 1.0.9 read here

Wooow loving all of it !!

Question about: "You can now choose to award points to users for uploading files in clubs"

Does it work for attachments or only with Downloads app? I would love it to work with attachment as well both in forum and club :wub:

1 minute ago, SerialNoob said:

Both if possible, or only ACP. at least I would be able to check and let them know. I see that it's included in 1.0.9

Yeah there is more detailed logs of all the shop items bought in the ACP with lots of filtering

2 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Question about: "You can now choose to award points to users for uploading files in clubs"

Does it work for attachments or only with Downloads app? I would love it to work with attachment as well both in forum and club :wub:

No it don't work with attachments, the uploads are them uploading a file on the downloads app, they can choose to set it free or charge other users points to download them, The points for attatchments can be cheated really as they can upload and remove them at will

If it would support automation rules any day in the future (whenever, even if it's 1 year to wait, or even if it's another event trigger system similar to automation rules), I'd run screaming panegyrically through the streets on 25 planets in 3 galaxies and bring these glorious news to new worlds ? lol, to be serious, the members shop at least deserves 10 stars at this point of time ? currently only 9/5 ?

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, TheJackal84 said:

If you are using evox_points then if you uninstall your members will lose all their points from that database column, I could put a script in the app to allow transfer of the points though,

Hi,

that would be extremely helpful for all (former) evox customers who want to drop this unsupported application. Please consider this as an option.

Though it'll be painful for me to drop the evox points, as I just introduced my moderators about the "member warning function / warnings integration" and the possibility for "points deductions" as an optional member penalty. This might be a good enhancement idea for the future of members shop, too.

Additionally to that, is there any function to tip (donate points) to members DIRECTLY below each post or next to their posts in the user panel? I think I'd need to buy your "enhanced user panel" app, right?