Members Shop ( Support Topic )

3 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

My god you are on fire!

@TheJackal84 Can this be used with points economy by Kevin

Cheers lol,
Looking at the screenshots it look's like maybe the Guru points can be used but not the Concept cash as it uses decimals, But it will all depend how that apps made and where it stores the points, I can send Kevin a message and see

12 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Looking at the screenshots it look's like maybe the Guru points can be used but not the Concept cash as it uses decimals, But it will all depend how that apps made and where it stores the points, I can send Kevin a message and see

Bought it. Would be nice if you could integrate it with points economy. I don't have any decimals on my currency. I can give you access if needed. I just like the integration with rules and points economy. 

Just a thought but maybe user could also buy more megabytes for Gallery, the right to use blogs or make more post, buy them self a trophy or give it to someone else. 

Thanks

1 minute ago, Steph40 said:

Bought it. Would be nice if you could integrate it with points economy. I don't have any decimals on my currency. I can give you access if needed. I just like the integration with rules and points economy. 

Just a thought but maybe user could also buy more megabytes for Gallery, the right to use blogs or make more post, buy them self a trophy or give it to someone else. 

Thanks

I sent kevin a message and I will see what he says first, There is a lot that can be done with this, plus loads of apps and other stuff it could work with, I will add all the blogs and gallery stuff as soon as I get the apps from IPS, I still need pages, gallery and blogs for the set, What trophys app are you using? is it Trophys & Medals?

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

I sent kevin a message and I will see what he says first, There is a lot that can be done with this, plus loads of apps and other stuff it could work with, I will add all the blogs and gallery stuff as soon as I get the apps from IPS, I still need pages, gallery and blogs for the set, What trophys app are you using? is it Trophys & Medals?

You should buy the new apps now from IPS to get their Black Friday discount.  

2 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Yep Trophys and Medals

11 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

Having some issues get this up and running, install went a bit off so did a reinstall. Got errors trying to resync items and got more errors when trying to uninstall.

Can I get ACP access and I will check it out? If so send it via PM

Edited by TheJackal84
6 hours ago, JTHastings said:

Display bug I think...when I go into the Members Shop and deactivate an item the display goes from a check ark to db text (instead of an "X").

Yeah sorry, I have it fixed in the next version, I missed the < before the i, it is supposed to change it to a red font-awesome cross

Thank goodness someone made this app. I've been asking around, even hired a developer who hasn't come through (status is still unknown nearly 2 years). :unsure:

Can we create items to purchase?

And can those display in the post profile, or post itself, or profile, or hovercard?

9 hours ago, Steph40 said:

Yep Trophys and Medals

9 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

OK I will speak to @Fosters and see what I can do, I would rather it of been that one then the other trophys one

Yes! That an iAwards? Or am I asking too much. :D

*I'll pay extra for these must have features...If possible and realistic of course.

14 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Can we create items to purchase?

No, it's because every item needs a code to run to execute, so for you to add your own you will need to add your own source code to it which is impossible, But you know I am always happy to update them with requests, thats why I put a active setting on them so if someone don't like / want to use one feature then they don't have to use it, My mind went blank on shop items so I added what I thought might be good then will wait to hear what others wanted.

14 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

And can those display in the post profile, or post itself, or profile, or hovercard?

I can make something to display their items, Maybe a bit like a pop up card will display their purchases and or rewards

4 minutes ago, Fosters said:

@TheJackal84 got a free copy of Trophies and Medals to provide further integration between these 2 apps:)

Yeah I was just about to say to @Steph40 that @Fosters just gave me a free copy of

So I will be playing with that, @GrooveOnBeat I would highly recommend switching to Trophys & Medals especially at that price it's at now, its so much better than iAwards plus the dev supports it

Edited by TheJackal84

So I will be playing with that @GrooveOnBeat I would highly recommend switching to Trophys & Medals especially at that price it's at now, its so much better than iAwards plus the dev supports it

This is a perfect solution. I've already purchased Trophies & Medals. I haven't installed it yet.

As I understand, the Trophies & Medals display under the author's info in posts. I forgot if they display in Profile and Hovercards too.

This collaboration can be a great start of something wonderful! Kudos to you guys!

16 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

This is a perfect solution. I've already purchased Trophies & Medals. I haven't installed it yet.

As I understand, the Trophies & Medals display under the author's info in posts. I forgot if they display in Profile and Hovercards too.

This collaboration can be a great start of something wonderful! Kudos to you guys!

Plus if you use 

Thats suppports trophys and medals too, so its a win all round, I am not sure if it displays in the profile, but I am sure if you ask @Fosters he will add it to a future update

Edited by TheJackal84

Plus I am sure you use

Thats suppports trophys and medals too, so its a win all round, I am not sure if it displays in the profile, but I am sure if you ask @Fosters he will add it to a future update

I have been looking at this app. I modify my own info panel, but I do it by template edits, which yours is much easier and flexible.

This may be a silly question, but where do the Trophies & Medals show up in the panel? I looked at the pictures, but I couldn't find them, although I see Trophies & Medals supported.

As for your other questions, I may have other ideas since a point + shop system is something I've wanted ever since coming from vBulletin. :)

3 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

This may be a silly question, but where do the Trophies & Medals show up in the panel? I looked at the pictures, but I couldn't find them, although I see Trophies & Medals supported.

They show at the bottom of the Panel, But it uses a template so if you are good with editing them you can just move it to where you want to put it

3 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

As for your other questions, I may have other ideas since a point + shop system is something I've wanted ever since coming from vBulletin. :)

Let me know any, I am always looking for ideas to make my stuff better

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

They show at the bottom of the Panel, But it uses a template so if you are good with editing them you can just move it to where you want to put it

Ah perfect!

I use conditionals to display things differently based on member groups or ID's. So being able to modify the templates will be most helpful for my needs. :)

5 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Let me know any, I am always looking for ideas to make my stuff better

This is great to hear!

I've always believed that a store system, where members can purchase items (that are displayed in their User Info Panel in posts, Profile, and Hovercards. Sort of a visual incentive for members. Trophies & Medals will play an important part with the point system.

The store system can also be used to purchase functions, like the things you've already implemented (e.g., username and titles). And it can go beyond like profile customizations, signature, avatar, profile photo permissions. Colored usernames are also requested a lot.

We can also have a "Special" item that members can buy and that special item is something that the admins can provide for them. In a sense, it's like a golden ticket, that can be used now or later on.

There are really so many things that can be done with a points + store system. I also understand that this may go beyond what you've had originally planned to do. Like I said, I am willing to pay for features since they are custom features. I also think it can benefit other communities too.

Sorry for the long post...I'm just very excited to see a point + store system finally happen for 4.x boards. Thank you! :D

42 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Ah perfect!

I use conditionals to display things differently based on member groups or ID's. So being able to modify the templates will be most helpful for my needs. :)

This is great to hear!

I've always believed that a store system, where members can purchase items (that are displayed in their User Info Panel in posts, Profile, and Hovercards. Sort of a visual incentive for members. Trophies & Medals will play an important part with the point system.

The store system can also be used to purchase functions, like the things you've already implemented (e.g., username and titles). And it can go beyond like profile customizations, signature, avatar, profile photo permissions. Colored usernames are also requested a lot.

We can also have a "Special" item that members can buy and that special item is something that the admins can provide for them. In a sense, it's like a golden ticket, that can be used now or later on.

There are really so many things that can be done with a points + store system. I also understand that this may go beyond what you've had originally planned to do. Like I said, I am willing to pay for features since they are custom features. I also think it can benefit other communities too.

Sorry for the long post...I'm just very excited to see a point + store system finally happen for 4.x boards. Thank you! :D

All the avatar and cover photo I did think of already, the siguatures are already in there, The rest sounds good, too, I am also thinking along the lines of use points to join private clubs and so on

Other ideas / requests for your member shop are:

• Downloads handlingI have free and paid downloads. While paid downloads can only be purchased with money, it would be great if you could only download / "buy" free download files with points. Maybe this could be realized with purchased "free downloads credits" in the member store
  • Ghost mode: Let users buy with points to switch to "anonymous / hidden" in the community for a specified time, f.e. 24 hours or a month... During that time, members can toggle their visibility. All other members shouldn't be allowed to login anonymously or toggle their visibility.
  • Allowed to use whole apps for a specified time, f.e. babble chat (in my case). To prevent people from only chatting and generating temporary/no content, let them exchange points for being able to use special apps like a chat. (as long as they are not in a VIP group that should be always allowed)
  • Temporary VIP group promotion for a specified time. I want to setup a special VIP group, and if members pay with points, they should be promoted (secondary group promotion) for 24 hours or a month, afterwards demoted automatically (secondary group removal).
  • Have a daily member featuring widget or a featured member bar: Members wish to promote themselves (their member profiles or member shops). Let members feature themselves to the community. It's like a special advertisement and similar to the former request to have a "daily featured thread"
  • Exchange points for a raffle participation. It would be great to see such a feature with Adrianos Raffles app
  • Allow creating an advert in a classifieds apps: Classifieds system in my case. This is a community "points payment" version. If you don't have enough points to buy an advert in the members shop, members can't create adverts. This way you keep the balance between community contents creation and adverts to sell commerce stuff. New members or competitors won't be able to spam adverts without taking part in the community life.
Edited by Cyboman