Authentication through REST API

DrumScorps

It appears the current REST API does not provide the ability to authenticate users (via HTTP auth or similar). I've found an OAuth plugin (https://github.com/wohali/ips4-oauth2-server) but would prefer to provide a more native authentication experience into my app. I have an iOS and Android app and would ultimately like to be able to authenticate a user without going through OAuth. Are there any recommended approaches to this? Or am I stuck trying to replicate the sequence of HTTP requests in order to mimic the OAuth workflow?

13 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

This isn't something that's integrated into Invision Community, but you may be able to use this 3rd party addon: 

This is the approach I'm currently using. I would like to avoid having to launch a browser within my app for the OAuth login though. The login page has buttons/links that do not relate to loggin in that offer oppurtunities to veer off track. I'm hoping to add a native login page to my app where the user can enter their username and password without having to do so through a browser.

7 minutes ago, DrumScorps said:

This is the approach I'm currently using. I would like to avoid having to launch a browser within my app for the OAuth login though. The login page has buttons/links that do not relate to loggin in that offer oppurtunities to veer off track. I'm hoping to add a native login page to my app where the user can enter their username and password without having to do so through a browser.

Oh, I see. I'm not aware of any existing applications/addons that would allow you to do this. You would need to write either a plugin or application to do this. You could for example, create a plugin that extends the core REST API to process user credentials.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived