How do I load and return a database record object?

Aetherdan

Hi,

I am incredibly novice when it comes to PHP and usually I am able to solve most issues by research/trial & error, but this has currently stumped me:

How do I load this database record array as a content object?

$record = \IPS\Db::i()->select('*', 'cms_custom_database_2', array('record_topicid=?', $content->tid))->first();

try
{
	$record = \IPS\cms\RecordsX::constructFromData( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'cms_custom_database_X', array( 'record_topicid=?', Y ) )->first() );
}
catch( \UnderflowException $e )
{
	// ... Record doesn't exist
{

Replace X with the ID of the database (note that there are two instances), and then Y with the ID of the topic associated with the record (so 2, and then $content->tid, in your example).

If it doesn't exist, then this will throw an UnderflowException (per \IPS\Db\Select::first() - /system/Db/Select.php), and if it does exist, then $record will contain an \IPS\cms\Records object for that particular record (\IPS\cms\Records - /applications/cms/Records/Records.php).

Note that record_topicid is listed as a valid id column in the Records class, so you can just do this instead:

try
{
	$record = \IPS\cms\RecordsX::load( Y, 'record_topicid' );
}
catch( \OutOfRangeException $e )
{
	// ... Record doesn't exist
{

Note that when you attempt to load something and it doesn't exist an OutOfRangeException is thrown instead, but otherwise the code is fairly similar here.

Archived