Community

Dead Topic Protection

Adriano Faria

Something went apparently wrong, after upgrading our test install from 4.4 to 4.5 I noticed that the old plugin wasn't automatically uninstalled, so it was still shown as Plugin.

I understood that it should be converted to an Application, right?

Nothing went wrong - all you did was match your installed item (a plugin) to its marketplace listing, which is what the process you followed does.

It's up to to then update it - it's not automatically going to happen, it's only going to notify you that there is an update, which is checked for when IPS software checks for updates.

9 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Wrong.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

14 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Something went apparently wrong, after upgrading our test install from 4.4 to 4.5 I noticed that the old plugin wasn't automatically uninstalled, so it was still shown as Plugin.

In the app install it should have copied the plugin settings, added it to the app settings and then uninstalled the plugin. For some reason which I have no idea only talking to you here, it didn’t do it. If you then uninstalled the plugin and have it now as app then it seems ok to me.

51 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

In the app install it should have copied the plugin settings, added it to the app settings and then uninstalled the plugin. For some reason which I have no idea only talking to you here, it didn’t do it. If you then uninstalled the plugin and have it now as app then it seems ok to me.

I see, that didn't work as described.
Well, I did it in our testing environment. I can handle it manually, this is no problem as this app doesn't have historical data or a complex configuration.

This is just a report for you that an Upgrade from 4.4 to 4.5 didn't work as expected in our case / so not in all cases...

Edited by Thomas P