Anything Special to Move to new Host?

Zanime

39 minutes ago, opentype said:

For the suite itself:

After the move, you also want to change the image settings to use local SSL caching for external images and you want to let the software rebuild all existing posts for this. 

Also before transfer over new host check over settings like memory is above the requirement so always best use this 

allow you make sure before setup your host ready to go.

Alright, So I can access the forums on the new server and view topics. But when I go to the Admin CP I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@forums.hawkinsfiles.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How I Moved:

1. Zipped the whole site from Cpanel and downloaded.
  2. Exported needed databases.
  3. Uploaded zipped file and extracted on the new server.
  4. Created database and user and imported the databases.
  5. Edited config file with new information.

The front end works fine, but can't access the Admin CP. On the old server, I did have that second Admin CP login activated.

10 minutes ago, Zanime said:

Alright, So I can access the forums on the new server and view topics. But when I go to the Admin CP I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@forums.hawkinsfiles.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How I Moved:

1. Zipped the whole site from Cpanel and downloaded.
  2. Exported needed databases.
  3. Uploaded zipped file and extracted on the new server.
  4. Created database and user and imported the databases.
  5. Edited config file with new information.

The front end works fine, but can't access the Admin CP. On the old server, I did have that second Admin CP login activated.

500 error could be many items like file not uploaded correct for admin cp but then would get error on front end to, but most 500 errors due to different version php, mysql or setting that needed run ips, this why always run this https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-get-ready-for-ips-4/ <--- can normal help point to what error is or check error logs if cpanel has them.

1 hour ago, Pete T said:

500 error could be many items like file not uploaded correct for admin cp but then would get error on front end to, but most 500 errors due to different version php, mysql or setting that needed run ips, this why always run this https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-get-ready-for-ips-4/ <--- can normal help point to what error is or check error logs if cpanel has them.

The only errors in my error logs:

[23-Nov-2017 06:03:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/crownmot/public_html/hawkinsfiles.com/forums/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 74
[23-Nov-2017 06:03:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/crownmot/public_html/hawkinsfiles.com/forums/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 137
[24-Nov-2017 07:35:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in /home/crownmot/public_html/hawkinsfiles.com/forums/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 137

5a19de32ad658_ScreenShot2017-11-25at1_09_28PM.thumb.png.a0938c799a0376f3a7b267ce7ec39ea8.png

21 minutes ago, Pete T said:

How odd have you tried download file files And upload them ? As that solved few times for me normal simple stuff we forgot to test.

Alright contacted my host. It was the: /admin/.htaccess its access directory was incorrect. I thought that's what it was, but I couldn't see .htaccess file.

3 minutes ago, Zanime said:

Alright contacted my host. It was the: /admin/.htaccess its access directory was incorrect. I thought that's what it was, but I couldn't see .htaccess file.

see was not sure add that first post because thought looked, in cpanel can unhide the dot files making show.

2 minutes ago, Zanime said:

So now on to HTTPS. I have it set up site wide, but your link doesn't explain how to secure images so Google doesn't flag it as:

5a19edf63cc12_ScreenShot2017-11-25at2_25_45PM.png.81ce8adeeab4bde517ea18b0e4067dc8.png

silly question have moved your ssl file over if so can take 48 hours to allow dns configure due new ip address 

7 minutes ago, Pete T said:

Was not sure if had on old host did you upload your certificate to cpanel for ssl ? or have just changed the http to https in conf setting file ?

No, my host uses "Let's Encrypt" in cPanel.

But I think your "waiting" was correct as it now shows complete SSL.

5a19f1c4f34ec_ScreenShot2017-11-25at2_42_01PM.png.6fba42d1ef76e91993be747fa5c7cafd.png

47 minutes ago, Zanime said:

No, my host uses "Let's Encrypt" in cPanel.

But I think your "waiting" was correct as it now shows complete SSL.

5a19f1c4f34ec_ScreenShot2017-11-25at2_42_01PM.png.6fba42d1ef76e91993be747fa5c7cafd.png

If you haven't done so, you may want to cache external images, as any that aren't already served over https will break SSL. It's a specific setting you can search for along the lines of Cache External Images.

Archived