Jump to content

Feed2DB - Support Topic


Fosters

Recommended Posts

On 9/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, Millipede said:

How do you get an entry to show a link to the actual article on the site the RSS feed comes from, same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum??

 

On 9/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, Millipede said:

How do you get it to show the date of the article, not the date Pages grabbed it, also the same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum?

Yes same as with forums.

The application works very identical to the feature in the forums app, but it's for pages records and it allows you to set the image as record image.

Regarding the list and item templates, that's handled by pages and not related to this app, you can customize them as you want and need

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I’ve since figured it out re the list item templates - all except how not to have a thumbnail as well as the full image (from the article) in the record page, I just want the full image and not the thumbnail of the same full image.

I still haven’t figured out the below and would like some help please :smile:

How do you get it to show the date of the original article, not the date Pages grabbed it?

How do you get it to update itself? It only seems to do so when I go to Feeds Importer and save it again.

How do you “map specific fields from RSS news feeds to custom fields of an IP.Pages database”, similar to how it shows in your 5th screenshot where there are 4 fields? When I go to Field Mapping in Feeds Importer, I’m only offered Title and Content.

When I go to Field Mapping in Feeds Importer, and check any of the image options and save, it no longer shows as checked when I go back to Field Mapping. Is it meant to be like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Millipede said:

I still haven’t figured out the below and would like some help please :smile:

Hello @Fosters Is anyone at home?

I can't get Feed2DB to work, as described above. Some help would be appreciated. If you can't answer my queries above, perhaps a full guide or documentation on how to use Feed2DB might help. Failing that, I'd have to ask for a refund if it continues to not work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! Thanks for the nice tool! 

Is it possible to connect the feed to a Google alert? I have added the url and the user/psw, but when I try to map the fields I get the error below? 

Also, how often do feeds refresh/fetch new content?

Many thanks!

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 13.08.16.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2018 at 1:27 PM, A.S.R. said:

Hi! Thanks for the nice tool! 

Is it possible to connect the feed to a Google alert? I have added the url and the user/psw, but when I try to map the fields I get the error below? 

Also, how often do feeds refresh/fetch new content?

Many thanks!

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 13.08.16.png

Sorry for the delay, I've replied via PM 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2018 at 1:45 PM, Millipede said:

Hello @Fosters Is anyone at home?

I can't get Feed2DB to work, as described above. Some help would be appreciated. If you can't answer my queries above, perhaps a full guide or documentation on how to use Feed2DB might help. Failing that, I'd have to ask for a refund if it continues to not work.

I'm really sorry, for missing your questions. Since the contributors here have to submit a ticket for the refund, I've done this now, but I'm also interested into resolving your issues so that you're still able to use the app 🙂.

 

 

Quote

How do you get an entry to show a link to the actual article on the site the RSS feed comes from, same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum??

This should already happen automatically if the "Show more Link" setting is enabled.

Quote

How do you get it to show the date of the article, not the date Pages grabbed it, also the same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum?

This should also already be the case. We're using $article['date'] and not the current date. Could I get the URL of the feed which you're trying to import?

Quote

Which template is one supposed to use? List or Like Articles? In either case, why do images that show as thumbnails in the article list also show as thumbnails in the record article, as well as showing the full image? Where and how does one set how images show?

That's not part of this application, everything is handled by the pages app.

Quote

If used as a List, what’s the difference to importing RSS into a forum? It looks identical to me, but with a thumbnail copy of the full image and minus a link to the actual article.

Nothing, there's  no difference, it's just a different target application.

Quote

Can one remove the author/user/member name? I’d only have one, so it doesn't need to show on each page (record).

You can remove whatever you want from the template. Again, this app only imports the data from RSS feeds into the pages database.Further information can be found in the IPS documentation

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting back to me. Thanks also for submitting a ticket for a refund; however, if the app were to work properly for me, I wouldn’t need the refund :smile:. Answers to my queries might help others, though :smile:

I’d already figured out some of what you’ve answered and which you had previously answered too:

On 9/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Millipede said:

Thanks, I’ve since figured it out re the list item templates - all except how not to have a thumbnail as well as the full image (from the article) in the record page, I just want the full image and not the thumbnail of the same full image.

 

2 hours ago, Fosters said:

Could I get the URL of the feed which you're trying to import?

I was testing 3 feeds from different sites. It’s the same with all of them. They all work fine, though, if imported into a forum via Forums > RSS/Atom Feeds.

I did have further questions on Sept 27, please:

On 9/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Millipede said:

How do you get it to update itself? It only seems to do so when I go to Feeds Importer and save it again.

I’ve since noticed that the Feed2DB task doesn’t run (I have the cron job set up to run tasks):

Feed2DB-Task.png.d0f76a88f998a226b8e6e2be2101ca5f.png

and:

On 9/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Millipede said:

How do you “map specific fields from RSS news feeds to custom fields of an IP.Pages database”, similar to how it shows in your 5th screenshot where there are 4 fields? When I go to Field Mapping in Feeds Importer, I’m only offered Title and Content.

When I go to Field Mapping in Feeds Importer, and check any of the image options and save, it no longer shows as checked when I go back to Field Mapping. Is it meant to be like that? 

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So sorry, Fosters, I received the refund last night (many thanks!) and therefore uninstalled the app; also, as I hadn’t heard further (for 4 days) about my issues, I feared I wasn’t going to hear back again like before... There’s also not much point in my using it now - even if we could get it to work - as I’d only have to buy it all over again at the full price for any future updates instead of having the 6-monthly renewals, which would make it more expensive than it already was...

Maybe if we could have sorted it out nearer the time I first posted about my issues, everything would’ve been OK.

You have some great add-ons, Foster, some of which I also have; it’s just a shame this is one that didn’t work out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi! I have a question about this widget. 

Is it possible to add a wordpress feed in this widget including at least a header image and adding it directly to a block instead of a Page with a database? 
Basically I'd like to add blocks in the sidebar of the forums and topics,  but reading wordpress feeds instead of IPS Topics and replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A new version was released.

Changehistory

Quote

New Features:

  • Tag Support Added

 

tags.png

tags2.png

On 3/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Nicholas Cole said:

Hi, keen to try this app but wanted to check if it's compatible with 4.4?  

Thanks

yes

Edited by Fosters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...