Feed2DB - Support Topic

Can you provide a tutorial for this? I want to take images from an RSS feed and them shown as a slider. 

Edit: Can I get a refund? It doesn't do what I want it do, and I found a better way (Featured Content).

Edited by ProSkill
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 12:31 PM, DSystë᷿᷿̲͓͓͕͎᷿̙͈͈̹̘̣̮͇ said:

@Fosters 

Hello!
Can you post here the images that do not appear in the marketplace?

I am interested and acquire this application and would like to better understand its operation before purchase.

Sorry about that.  We don't know what happened ?

New screenshots uploaded: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8830-feed2db-rss-feed-to-ippages-database-importer/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I entered this feed from IPS:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/files.xml/

Image was selected as "First image from content".  Turning this off and the error goes away.

And got this:

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: <url> malformed (3)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(407): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(283): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/applications/feed2dbimporter/sources/Feed/Feed.php(515): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\feed2dbimporter\_Feed->saveRecordImage(Array, Object(IPS\cms\Records1))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/applications/feed2dbimporter/sources/Feed/Feed.php(545): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/applications/feed2dbimporter/sources/Feed/Feed.php(431): IPS\feed2dbimporter\_Feed->setData(Object(IPS\cms\Records1), Array, Object(IPS\feed2dbimporter\Feed\DataTransformer))
#6 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/applications/feed2dbimporter/modules/admin/feeds/feeds.php(122): IPS\feed2dbimporter\_Feed->run()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/applications/feed2dbimporter/modules/admin/feeds/feeds.php(103): IPS\feed2dbimporter\modules\admin\feeds\_feeds->_saveMapping(Object(IPS\feed2dbimporter\Feed), Array)
#8 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\feed2dbimporter\modules\admin\feeds\_feeds->mapping()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/10.0.0.124/public/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

500 error page (ACP).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to enter something in the article template to see the images?  Not one of my RSS feeds is returning an image - I assumed that the Record image was included in the default Articles template.

It would be great to have an ability to add a default image for each feed - something I could just upload.

Edited by Bluto
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive just bought super blocks which supports the standard IPS apps including IPpages but none of my other applications

These other applications have rss feeds configured

I wondered if I could use this to pull back in those feeds to a  IPpages database and then use the super block application to present them on my homepage

Does this sound achieveable?

On 8/21/2018 at 8:16 PM, Unlucky said:

Ive just bought super blocks which supports the standard IPS apps including IPpages but none of my other applications

These other applications have rss feeds configured

I wondered if I could use this to pull back in those feeds to a  IPpages database and then use the super block application to present them on my homepage

Does this sound achieveable?

This sounds like a horrible idea IMO, but yes, it should work.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, Unlucky said:

Can you explain it sounds bad?

I just can't think of another way at the moment

Thanks

Because you'll be created a new IP. Pages record for all your new content which you're going to import from your own community into pages.
This sounds really like a very bad idea and it should be much easier to include support for the other stuff into Super Blocks 

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie to Pages, I’m probably being a bit dumb... I have a few issues and queries, please:

How do you get an entry to show a link to the actual article on the site the RSS feed comes from, same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum??

How do you get it to show the date of the article, not the date Pages grabbed it, also the same as it does when importing RSS/Atom feeds into a forum?

Which template is one supposed to use? List or Like Articles? In either case, why do images that show as thumbnails in the article list also show as thumbnails in the record article, as well as showing the full image? Where and how does one set how images show?

If used as a List, what’s the difference to importing RSS into a forum? It looks identical to me, but with a thumbnail copy of the full image and minus a link to the actual article.

Can one remove the author/user/member name? I’d only have one, so it doesn't need to show on each page (record).

It’s not pulling in new items, it only shows items from the date I created the feed.

Is there a way to auto delete old items? With the amount of feeds I’d have, it would easily go into 1000s (if it were to add new feed items).

What am I missing or what might I have done wrong?