Feed2DB - Support Topic

7 minutes ago, Adam_S said:

Hi @Fosters.  Can i make a suggestion for this app?  Perhaps to add a "Tags" field which connects to the IPS tags system, so each RSS feed can have its own tags?

Thanks

This might be doable for the app.  I know some articles include tags as a meta data, so Fosters would just need to map those to the IPS 4 tags.

1 hour ago, Adam_S said:

While i think of it too, perhaps it would be possible to map the publication date on the feed item to the publication date on the imported entry?

I am having a similar issue with picking up the publication data from the feed.

I would also like to use this to import Podcast RSS feeds. However, the mp3 URL on the enclosure line is not being picked up by the app.

<enclosure url="http://URLTOPOSTCAST.mp3" length="0" type="audio/mpeg" />

I need to customize the way the app picks up certain RSS feeds and how it utilizes the information.

I want each item to create a new topic and automatically embed an sound player for the enclosure item.

Edited by 3hydro8
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Fosters Happy new year.

Having issues with this, when I try adding a new feed I get this error:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Call to a member function children() on null

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Nothing in error logs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 3hydro8 said:

Any progress with implementing podcast/.mp3 files?

This is not currently on our roadmap and we don't foresee a strong demand for this.  

However, if you give us an example of an RSS feed with Podcast or MP3 file, we can take a look at it.j

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...