Feed2DB - Support Topic

2 hours ago, Steph40 said:

@Fosters

I get this error when trying to import feed:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Object of class IPS\cms\Categories4 could not be converted to string

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Please see PM . We'll need further information to investigate this.

We're investigating the issue. It seems that it's caused by another 3rd party app.

Edited by Fosters
4 hours ago, Heosforo said:

interesting, unfortunately the price seems a bit high, maybe in the future :sweat:

Hi @Heosforo we invite you to buy Feed2DB while you can.  This will be the lowest price on the file for the entire year during our Black Friday sale, and our regular price will be much higher.  We did not want the app to be cheap, since we still have further development to do on it and wanted to ensure only members who can consistently support and use the app would buy it.  With that said, we think there's a lot of promising value behind the app and think it's a worthwhile price to buy it while you can.  We already have 6 purchases in the last 6 hours!  

7 minutes ago, superj707 said:

bought it, installed it. No idea how to use it. Any instructions anywhere that I could look over?

As I QA'ed this earlier its still quite fresh in my mind.

If you go to ACP > Pages > Under the 'Page Management' section a new link is there "Feeds Importer"

Click that, add a new feed then the next page gives you choices of how to display the title and content from the feed.

The user/pass section when you're filling in the details usually refers to the feed itself (if its behind a protected directory or suchlike), if its a public feed you're importing leave those two box's empty.

EDIT... Take a look at the 3rd, 4th and 5th screenshot in the file listing itself. :)

Edited by AndyF

Thanks Andy,

I made some progress doing just that. My issue is that I am running into needing to know how to use pages. One of the reasons I have never used pages is because I don't understand what a "database" (with regard to pages is) I don't get the articles thing, categories.. all of it :( Pages is the most confusing app of all. I was hoping that this app from Fosters would automate all the confusing parts for me but looks like it won't

@Fosters My friend! Finally! I've been waiting for this for ages! Thank you for making it.

I too am getting this error

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

If you need any information from me about any other apps installed let me know.

1 hour ago, joshuaj said:

@Fosters My friend! Finally! I've been waiting for this for ages! Thank you for making it.

Yes, the full error stack would be useful. You can get it in your ACP in the system log.

12 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Yes, the full error stack would be useful. You can get it in your ACP in the system log.

Here ya go

ErrorException: Object of class IPS\cms\Categories1 could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(394): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/home/artofw8/p...', 394, Array)
#1 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `ip...', Array)
#2 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(459): IPS\_Db->insert('feed2dbimporter...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#4 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(94): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2270): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#6 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(211): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#7 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3053): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->save()
#8 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(134): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#9 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(77): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#10 /home/artofw8/public_html/applications/feed2dbimporter/sources/Feed/Feed.php(649): IPS\Node\rules_hook_ipsNodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#11 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\feed2dbimporter\_Feed->saveForm(Array)
#12 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#13 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#15 ErrorException: Object of class IPS\cms\Categories1 could not be converted to string (4096)
#0 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(394): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(4096, 'Object of class...', '/home/artofw8/p...', 394, Array)
#1 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `ip...', Array)
#2 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(459): IPS\_Db->insert('feed2dbimporter...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#4 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(94): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2270): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#6 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(211): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#7 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(3053): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->save()
#8 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(134): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#9 /home/artofw8/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(77): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#10 /home/artofw8/public_html/applications/feed2dbimporter/sources/Feed/Feed.php(649): IPS\Node\rules_hook_ipsNodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#11 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\feed2dbimporter\_Feed->saveForm(Array)
#12 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#13 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#14 /home/artofw8/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#15 /home/artofw8/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

15 hours ago, Fosters said:

Hi @Heosforo we invite you to buy Feed2DB while you can.  This will be the lowest price on the file for the entire year during our Black Friday sale, and our regular price will be much higher.  We did not want the app to be cheap, since we still have further development to do on it and wanted to ensure only members who can consistently support and use the app would buy it.  With that said, we think there's a lot of promising value behind the app and think it's a worthwhile price to buy it while you can.  We already have 6 purchases in the last 6 hours!  

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: I hope to get it this week

15 hours ago, superj707 said:

Thanks Andy,

I made some progress doing just that. My issue is that I am running into needing to know how to use pages. One of the reasons I have never used pages is because I don't understand what a "database" (with regard to pages is) I don't get the articles thing, categories.. all of it :( Pages is the most confusing app of all. I was hoping that this app from Fosters would automate all the confusing parts for me but looks like it won't

You create a page.  A page is something that you put other stuff on, like editor blocks, registration blocks, and database blocks.  

Create a database.  In the settings, choose a page (or create a new one).  Databases store articles and records, which will show up on your page.  

15 hours ago, superj707 said:

Thanks Andy,

'Pages' is a bit simpler to use than 'IP.Content' I've generally found. It may be best to post a new topic in the support forum with your issue/question for help. I take it you've looked at the guides for Pages yes ? :)

16 hours ago, joshuaj said:

A new version was released fixing this issue:)