FAQ ( Support Topic )

1 minute ago, Igor Denisov said:

1. Because it does not work on my site. You could not solve the problem within a month. I have no other explanation.

Again if it takes you 10 days to reply back you should stop thinking that them 10 days is my fault and if I don't answer on that 10th day, maybe I am busy, But I weren't 10 days ago ( those are all examples )

2 minutes ago, Igor Denisov said:

2. I also want to be a satisfied customer. But now I am outraged.

I want satisfied customers and most of them are

3 minutes ago, Igor Denisov said:

3. Ok. I look it in future.

You should receive a refund by the weekend

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm receiving the following errors across everyone in my Moderator group.  It clears if I disable the FAQ. 

Appreciate your assistance !!

Moderator clicking on reported content ... endless spinning circle

FAQErr2.PNG.ec3a1fbc16f7981d476961cb34e72368.PNG

Moderator clicks on "All reported content" OR attempts to access ModeratorCP

FAQError.thumb.PNG.55f4916461e2a093460e2a949f6ca67c.PNG

Best Regards

5 minutes ago, Chris Olson said:

Hi I'm receiving the following errors across everyone in my Moderator group.  It clears if I disable the FAQ. 

Appreciate your assistance !!

Moderator clicking on reported content ... endless spinning circle

FAQErr2.PNG.ec3a1fbc16f7981d476961cb34e72368.PNG

Moderator clicks on "All reported content" OR attempts to access ModeratorCP

FAQError.thumb.PNG.55f4916461e2a093460e2a949f6ca67c.PNG

Best Regards

This is caused by a bug with-in the IPS code, it happens on a few apps, @Daniel F informed me that it is fixed in 4.4

Edited by TheJackal84
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is just another example of my site being wonky or if it's a bug in the application, but embeds and images don't appear to work. When I put an image in when editing it appears, but when I save it and view the FAQ normally, it doesn't show the image at all. In fact for me, when I right clicked on the image and asked it to open in a new tab, it loaded '/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png'. 

If you can reproduce this, then it's a bug. If not then I guess something on my end is not co-operating nicely.

Edited by Tripp★

After upgrade to 4.4.1 and FAQ 2.0.3 I cannot see anything on the https://mysite/faq except of the title of the page. I have edited categories and permissions on them but still nothing is showing. Any idea?

Edit: I can see the questions when I go to category like https://mysite/faq/category/1-category-name/ But there is still no list of questions or categories on the index page http://mysite/faq.

Edited by Sonya*
On 3/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, Sonya* said:

After upgrade to 4.4.1 and FAQ 2.0.3 I cannot see anything on the https://mysite/faq except of the title of the page. I have edited categories and permissions on them but still nothing is showing. Any idea?

Edit: I can see the questions when I go to category like https://mysite/faq/category/1-category-name/ But there is still no list of questions or categories on the index page http://mysite/faq.

Can you please look into it? In your code I can see that the lines for the main view are commented. If I uncomment them, then the main page looks as desired. Is there any reason that you commented the lines out?

On 3/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, Tripp★ said:

I'm not sure if this is just another example of my site being wonky or if it's a bug in the application, but embeds and images don't appear to work. When I put an image in when editing it appears, but when I save it and view the FAQ normally, it doesn't show the image at all. In fact for me, when I right clicked on the image and asked it to open in a new tab, it loaded '/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png'. 

If you can reproduce this, then it's a bug. If not then I guess something on my end is not co-operating nicely.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Admin@Stonerhaven.com said:

fwiw, I have 1.0.7 version of FAQ and had same issue with images, not sure I tried right clicking to open- but images def went away after putting them in. I did w/o the images- but would like to use them.

Can you two tell me how you are adding images? I just tried by using a link and using the attachments bit and they both worked fine

On 3/16/2019 at 4:36 AM, Larry Kachadorian said:

Well its back.  Accessing Staff and Downloads throws error ... had to disable app ... not good 

When you say accessing staff & downloads what do you mean? is it accessing the applications themself?

On 3/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, Sonya* said:

Can you please look into it? In your code I can see that the lines for the main view are commented. If I uncomment them, then the main page looks as desired. Is there any reason that you commented the lines out? 

Them commented out codes are for the index sidebar and will be for a future update, they should not effect the page, have you made containers and then sub containers?, if not then make sure the categories etc have children, let me know :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Them commented out codes are for the index sidebar and will be for a future update, they should not effect the page, have you made containers and then sub containers?, if not then make sure the categories etc have children, let me know :biggrin:

No. There are three lines that are commented out. The third one is for the block. The other two are for the main view.

Edited by Sonya*
1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

No. There are three lines that are commented out. The third one is for the block. The other two are for the main view.

Yeah there are 3 lines, 1 is to pull data, the 2nd is to count that data and the third is to output a sidebar with the count in the output, look at the output it only outputs the theme,

Have you containers got children? if not add some and see if they appear

spacer.png

11 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Can you two tell me how you are adding images? I just tried by using a link and using the attachments bit and they both worked fine

When you say accessing staff & downloads what do you mean? is it accessing the applications themself?

Added them in as links, but as @Daniel F said - I do have Lazy Load enabled.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, Tripp★ said:

On 3/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Admin@Stonerhaven.com said:

fwiw, I have 1.0.7 version of FAQ and had same issue with images, not sure I tried right clicking to open- but images def went away after putting them in. I did w/o the images- but would like to use them.

Updated to 2.0.4

Bug Fix

• Fixed the bug when adding images to the answers when using lazy loading
11 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

it needs a container just like the forums do, make a new category and disable permissions for adding to that category, now drag the one you are using as a child of the category and it will be fine

Yes, it works now. 

Can you please make the display of who has edited or added the Q&A optional? This information makes no sense on our site as the Q&As can only be added by admin. 

1 minute ago, Sonya* said:

Yes, it works now. 

Can you please make the display of who has edited or added the Q&A optional? This information makes no sense on our site as the Q&As can only be added by admin. 

Only admins and moderators with permissions can see who added the Q&A's

You can add this to your custom.css file

body[data-pagemodule="faq"][data-pagecontroller="main"] h4 > .ipsType_small.ipsPos_right {
  display:none;
}

that will hide it

• 2 weeks later...

SELECT faq_items.id FROM `faq_items`  LEFT JOIN `faq_cats` ON faq_items.c_id=faq_cats.id WHERE c_id IN () AND faq_items.open=1 AND club_id IS NULL ORDER BY submitted DESC LIMIT 100
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND faq_items.open=1 AND club_id IS NULL ORDER BY submitted DESC LIMIT 100' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Content\\_...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Content/Item.php(2853): iterator_to_array(Object(IPS\Db\Select))
#4 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/faq/sources/Faq/Faq.php(97): IPS\Content\_Item::getItemsWithPermission(Array, 'submitted DESC', 100, 'read', true, 0, Object(IPS\Member), true, false, false, false, NULL, false, true, true, true, false)
#5 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/faq/widgets/faq.php(127): IPS\faq\_Faq::getItemsWithPermission(Array, 'submitted DESC', 100, 'read', NULL, 0, Object(IPS\Member), true)
#6 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Widget/Widget.php(803): IPS\faq\widgets\_faq->render()
#7 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/Theme.php(840) : eval()'d code(17479): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#9 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/Theme.php(840) : eval()'d code(15076): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#10 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar('left')
#11 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/Theme.php(840) : eval()'d code(6034): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#12 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('0434557b79b3994...', '\n\n\n\n\n\n<ul class...', Array)
#13 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#14 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(118): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#15 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(575): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#16 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#17 /var/www/html/u285491/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}

@TheJackal84 ??