FAQ ( Support Topic )

12 hours ago, kmk said:

Can make the title F. A. Q. Translable like the forum title?? 

With multilanguage need

the next update is going to be 2.0, redesigned and better moderator permissions, the only way you will able to add the Q&A'a are on the front end, there will be no more adding from the ACP, the only thing you do via the ACP is add categories what can have sub categories etc,

The front end landing page will show a list of the FAQ categories and you will also be able to add F.A.Q's to clubs, it is 90% finished so hopefully if all goes well it will be released today, and it also has widgets what you can place all over the site, example if you have a forums category, you can place a block in the forums with all the Q&A's from that

Updated to 2.0.0

New Features

• Re-wrote the application so that it uses the full moderator permissions to the Q&A's from the front end, it will now also use the ModCP to approve pending member submitted Q&A's
  • Added widgets allowing you to place certain Q&A's from your selected categories across your board, you can add multiple of these
  • You will now only add Q&A's from the front end instead of the ACP, they are fully moderated from there too
  • You can now create sub categories for the categories
  • Added group permissions to each category for who can view, read and add Q&A's
  • Bug fixes

If you are updating this app from 1.0.7 or below you will notice a category has been made and all your other categories are sub categories of the one created, you will need to go into each category and select the permissions for members groups otherwise the value will be NULL giving no one permissions to view them

Hi

brand new instance of the cloud based version created today

downloaded and installed faq today

I created Categories in the AdminCP

I created several Q&A in the front end and saved each

When creating each Q&A the saved result appear as expected under their respective categories

However …

When leaving the FAQ page and then re-accessing via the normal menu tab nothing shows, not even the categories

Only the "Submit Q & A" button shows

And yet if I add another Q@A all previous categories and entries appear

In the ModeratorCP the last entry on the menu says :

F.A.Q
faq_faq_pl

After the upgrade, there were problems.
Categories that are in the admin part are not displayed in frontend

2018-11-27_9-01-32.thumb.jpg.6ed3a00e4734319ecfbe52f94b9cf6eb.jpg

2018-11-27_9-01-11.thumb.jpg.324f775896fff5ce97819e3217a733c4.jpg

On 11/25/2018 at 9:04 PM, Larry Kachadorian said:

Hi

When creating each Q&A the saved result appear as expected under their respective categories

However …

When leaving the FAQ page and then re-accessing via the normal menu tab nothing shows, not even the categories

F.A.Q
faq_faq_pl

Same problem

On 11/26/2018 at 12:04 AM, Larry Kachadorian said:

Hi

However …

F.A.Q
faq_faq_pl

4 hours ago, Igor Denisov said:

Same problem

have you set the permissions correctly?

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

have you set the permissions correctly?

In  my case , yes double checked

If I delete the categories in the AdminCP which I've just done, there appears to be way to create categories in the front end.

The FAQ entry in the ModeratorCP seems to be an error as faq_faq_pl is not user friendly 🙂

faq1.PNG.87a0931861a68a18444fb7beec9b900a.PNG

Is there a way you can provide the earlier version that worked well ?

2 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

In  my case , yes double checked

If I delete the categories in the AdminCP which I've just done, there appears to be way to create categories in the front end.

if you can provide me login via PM when I am back later I can check it out

The FAQ entry in the ModeratorCP seems to be an error as faq_faq_pl is not user friendly 🙂

That is just a missing language string, I will add it to the lang.xml

Is there a way you can provide the earlier version that worked well ?

if you go to the file itself and click changelog you can download any of the last 5 versions

A small problem

So start with a basic default page

baseFAQ.thumb.PNG.2f31cdbd639e25220e3f1d249f3b0c03.PNG

if you click on a category label ...   Features in this example ....  You get this puzzling result

faq12.thumb.png.bbf168c72283bb1d2b119f666cdd476c.png

I'll be hard pressed to explain to users what TOURNAMENTS_SUBCATEGORIES means :dry:

The same happens if you click on the Category Label in the category tree menu listings that show on the right . 

Why will uses do this?  Because they can and because they not be looking exactly at what they are doing. 

Would it be possible just to not make the Category Label a clickable element both in the main view and in the tree view listing on the right ?

I am having problems too; namely when anyone tries to put in a Question/Answer:

IPS\Db\Exception: Data too long for column 'question_seo' at row 1 (1406)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Patterns\\...', Array)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(459): IPS\_Db->insert('faq_items', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(120): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(324): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/faq/modules/front/faq/main.php(183): IPS\rules_hook_ipsContent->save()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\faq\modules\front\faq\_main->submitqnaform()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/faq/modules/front/faq/main.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\faq\modules\front\faq\_main->execute()
#10 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

After modifying the DB structure to the following:

image.thumb.png.b893ff6acffdb4f2ca0b479b641295f2.png

It seems to be a work around...

But "question_seo" is storing the answer in SEO format, not the question... Which is why, this would need to be fixed, as it's clearly a bug.

I also have another problem. When trying to make widgets of the FAQ's if it's set to all categories it displays this error:

[[Template faq/front/widgets/faq is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by Tripp★
2 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

But "question_seo" is storing the answer in SEO format, not the question... Which is why, this would need to be fixed, as it's clearly a bug.

if you use ajax pop ups or the widgets, hover the question it has a link, a friendly url link, without that it would be some horrible looking link, instead it is a nice looking friendly url link, nothing is added for no reason

2 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

I also have another problem. When trying to make widgets of the FAQ's if it's set to all categories it displays this error:

I will look into that

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

if you use ajax pop ups or the widgets, hover the question it has a link, a friendly url link, without that it would be some horrible looking link, instead it is a nice looking friendly url link, nothing is added for no reason

Yes; I know. Please read this carefully: Instead of storing the question in SEO format in the question_seo table, which looks like that's what it is supposed to be doing... it's storing the answer itself in SEO format in the question_seo table. That's what I said. 

image.thumb.png.2db0c7cbbeb6485a164e3603189fc351.png

In addition to the errors I have reported there is another bug affecting something outside of the FAQ application.

Some of my staff are now no longer able to access the Moderator Control Panel because of this application. This is the error in the system logs: 

SELECT COUNT(*) as cnt FROM `faq_items`  LEFT JOIN `faq_cats` ON faq_items.c_id=faq_cats.id WHERE open=0 AND faq_items.open < 2 AND faq_items.open!=-2 AND faq_items.c_id IN(1,2,3,4,5)
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'open' in where clause is ambiguous (1052)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Content\\_...', Array, true)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(440): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Select.php(361): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(2651): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/faq/sources/Faq/Faq.php(96): IPS\Content\_Item::getItemsWithPermission(Array, 'faq_items.submi...', 1, 'read', true, 0, Object(IPS\Member), true, false, false, true, NULL, false, true, true, true, false)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Unapproved.php(311): IPS\faq\_Faq::getItemsWithPermission(Array, NULL, 1, 'read', NULL, 0, Object(IPS\Member), true, false, false, true)
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(94): IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Unapproved->getApprovalQueueCount(false)
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Wew. This isn't looking good at all.

Edited by Tripp★
Moar bugs.
1 hour ago, Tripp★ said:

Wew. This isn't looking good at all.

I will check it out, gotta laugh though 2 bugs and it is not looking good, did you see the bug fix IPS released on their latest software? it was a big long page, you can always go back and install a previous version if it is that bad

1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will check it out, gotta laugh though 2 bugs and it is not looking good, did you see the bug fix IPS released on their latest software? it was a big long page, you can always go back and install a previous version if it is that bad

My comment wasn't aimed at the severity or the amount of bugs that there was; which is three that I found by the way:

1. The Widget bug.
  2. The fact that answers are converted to SEO format and put in 'question_seo' instead of the question being converted to SEO format and put into 'question_seo'.
  3. The Moderator control panel is inaccessible. 

It was a comment about the above mentioned backtrace, and the fact that it was blocking my staff out of the ModCP with the 1054 MySQL error, nothing more. 😕 

Edited by Tripp★
On 12/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, Tripp★ said:

My comment wasn't aimed at the severity or the amount of bugs that there was; which is three that I found by the way:

1. The Widget bug.
  2. The fact that answers are converted to SEO format and put in 'question_seo' instead of the question being converted to SEO format and put into 'question_seo'.
  3. The Moderator control panel is inaccessible. 

It was a comment about the above mentioned backtrace, and the fact that it was blocking my staff out of the ModCP with the 1054 MySQL error, nothing more. 😕 

@TheJackal84 - I just did a fresh install of 2.0.1 and it seems that the second bug I referenced has indeed been fixed - thank very much for that. 🙂

However I am still having a problem with bugs 1 and 3, where bug one was showing the: 

[[Template faq/front/widgets/faq is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bug 3 shows:

image.thumb.png.6dd95ba81deb1abbc239d6a32889b87e.png

There's also another that I didn't mention last time; because I assumed it was my error, but now I've reinstalled it as a fresh install I'm not so sure. When I go to the FAQ homepage (https://site.tld/faq/) it shows absolutely nothing, except for F.A.Q and a button that says 'Submit Q & A ?' This bug is easily mitigated however; just put in FAQ widgets and set them for each of the categories, so I assume this could actually be intentional. 

Again; thank you for fixing the second bug.

Edited by Tripp★

I am outraged .. The author does not respect his clients ..

This is 9 october situation..

error.jpg.f24e82f6a2a6a04af016c2993a94df36.thumb.jpg.d3f9d1c83d99bcd61cf882a78d69006f.jpg

Now 16 December - application also not worked.

But this dev sent me this message.  I am outraged .. Instead of corrections .. The author is blackmailing me ..

OK , SIR i change my opnion tp 5 stars..- you sent me worked application? Or same situation- nothhing?

2018-12-16_9-19-23.thumb.jpg.bbe3f472f34454bbeccc36d5395b3beb.jpg

He does not like criticism. You need only 5+++ ...
All communities are open and entitled to opinion.  And this is blackmail.

7 minutes ago, Igor Denisov said:

Now 16 December - application also not worked.

But this dev sent me this message.  I am outraged .. Instead of corrections .. The author is blackmailing me ..

OK , SIR i change my opnion tp 5 stars..- you sent me worked application? Or same situation- nothhing?

my problem is, You asked for support, I was providing it, during said support I sent you 2 messages you ignored then you post a review saying not helpful etc etc, what I have put is not blackmail maybe read what blackmail means, I said to you I will provide a refund and asked you not to purchase any more of my stuff, as I said why offer support to someone who don't really want it and only wants to complain, again it took you 14 days to reply to that message, but I am sure that is my fault as well?

8 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

my problem is, You asked for support, I was providing it, during said support I sent you 2 messages you ignored then you post a review saying not helpful etc etc, what I have put is not blackmail maybe read what blackmail means, I said to you I will provide a refund and asked you not to purchase any more of my stuff, as I said why offer support to someone who don't really want it and only wants to complain, again it took you 14 days to reply to that message, but I am sure that is my fault as well?

I sent our all correspondence to the community moderator. I want to hear his opinion.
I paid the money and want everything right.
I believe that by paying money I have the right to
1. Working application. You do not have to test your work on my site.
2. If there are errors. Quick fix for these errors. I do not have to wait 2 months.
3. To apologize if these are your mistakes or problems.
You wrote me a letter in which you are offended by the fact that I gave a low rating.
The question is - what would you give me an assessment - if you wait for me for more than 2 months? Will you give me 5 points?
You should send me apologies and discounts for patience. This is a good rule for a good business.

Second question; Now application worked?

Just now, Igor Denisov said:

I sent our all correspondence to the community moderator. I want to hear his opinion.
I paid the money and want everything right.
I believe that by paying money I have the right to
1. Working application. You do not have to test your work on my site.
2. If there are errors. Quick fix for these errors. I do not have to wait 2 months.
3. To apologize if these are your mistakes or problems.
You wrote me a letter in which you are offended by the fact that I gave a low rating.
The question is - what would you give me an assessment - if you wait for me for more than 2 months? Will you give me 5 points?
You should send me apologies and discounts for patience. This is a good rule for a good business.

Second question; Now application worked?

yeah that's fine send them all, send them the one you ignored me when I said sorry for any delays and offered you a $10 app or plugin for the wait

1. why would I use your site to test my work? if you are the only person to say you have a problem with it then maybe I would need to check it on your site

2. 98% of my clients are happy with my support, if there are errors they are fixed, sometimes there might be a queue where I have other things to do, or maybe life gets in the way

3. I would always say sorry if mistakes are mine,

I don't see how you got offended when I was the one offering suppport and had messages ignored then got told that I done nothing or am doing nothing, I would of maybe gave a bad review before I was in the middle of a conversation with the developer who was trying to find the problem, and I would not make them wait 2 weeks for replies then say they take to long as it would be me making them wait weeks for a reply and would not assume that as soon as one is sent after 2 weeks for them to reply straight away, again people have real lifes and are not on beck and call here 24/7, you should take advantage of when they are online and try to reply asap to them

On 12/16/2018 at 10:07 AM, TheJackal84 said:

yeah that's fine send them all, send them the one you ignored me when I said sorry for any delays and offered you a $10 app or plugin for the wait

1. why would I use your site to test my work? if you are the only person to say you have a problem with it then maybe I would need to check it on your site

2. 98% of my clients are happy with my support, if there are errors they are fixed, sometimes there might be a queue where I have other things to do, or maybe life gets in the way

3. I would always say sorry if mistakes are mine,

I don't see how you got offended when I was the one offering suppport and had messages ignored then got told that I done nothing or am doing nothing, I would of maybe gave a bad review before I was in the middle of a conversation with the developer who was trying to find the problem, and I would not make them wait 2 weeks for replies then say they take to long as it would be me making them wait weeks for a reply and would not assume that as soon as one is sent after 2 weeks for them to reply straight away, again people have real lifes and are not on beck and call here 24/7, you should take advantage of when they are online and try to reply asap to them

1. Because it does not work on my site. You could not solve the problem within a month. I have no other explanation.

2. I also want to be a satisfied customer. But now I am outraged.

3. Ok. I look it in future.