FAQ ( Support Topic )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good Day,

I just purchased this application for my site: http://www.sagaswildwest.com/

When enabled I receive the following error on my site's front-end although the ACP works just fine and I can add questions and answers to the FAQ.

847675880_ScreenShot2018-03-30at8_32_56AM.thumb.png.ef9435a9e270c5acb8c97112081c15c4.png

I ran the support app, made sure my site was up-to-date, deleted the FAQ application and uploaded a clean file, etc.

Currently, I have the FAQ disabled. I would like to get it to work as it looked to be the friendliest and best of the offered FAQ applications.

I do have other applications installed and have not checked for conflicts. I need the other applications for my site.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Stormwolfe said:

Good Day,

I just purchased this application for my site: http://www.sagaswildwest.com/

When enabled I receive the following error on my site's front-end although the ACP works just fine and I can add questions and answers to the FAQ.

847675880_ScreenShot2018-03-30at8_32_56AM.thumb.png.ef9435a9e270c5acb8c97112081c15c4.png

I ran the support app, made sure my site was up-to-date, deleted the FAQ application and uploaded a clean file, etc.

Currently, I have the FAQ disabled. I would like to get it to work as it looked to be the friendliest and best of the offered FAQ applications.

I do have other applications installed and have not checked for conflicts. I need the other applications for my site.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I am just out at the minute as soon as I am back I will send you a PM and check it out for you

• 1 month later...

So, are you saying that it costs more to get the footer watermark removed...if so that makes this an expensive app compared to the other one available.

One question though, do you have a pre populated version with many of the Q&A's for a new user to use IPS which we can edit for our own site. I mean creating a post is the same, adding attachments is the same etc so all the F&Q's for a default IPS installation

11 hours ago, ibaker said:

So, are you saying that it costs more to get the footer watermark removed...if so that makes this an expensive app compared to the other one available. 

One question though, do you have a pre populated version with many of the Q&A's for a new user to use IPS which we can edit for our own site. I mean creating a post is the same, adding attachments is the same etc so all the F&Q's for a default IPS installation 

The copyright removal will make it more expensive if you buy it but that's up to you

No there is nothing default set you will need to create your own question and answers

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0.7

New Features

• You can now pick to choose from showing the answers using either the javascript show/hide or show them using Axax pop up's
  • You can now add Q & A's from the front end
  • You can now allow members to submit Q & A's
    • Each member submitted Q & A will require approval
    • You can approve these from the front end
  • You can now also edit, delete, approve, move, disable or enable each Q & A from the front end
  • Allow moderators to approve member submitted Q & A's
    • When a user submits a Q & A the moderators with approval permissions will receive a notification
  • Allow moderators to add Q & A's without requiring approval
  • Added a new table to the front FAQ with all the pending submissions listed
    • Only moderators with approval permissions will be able to see this
  • Added a new setting in the ACP allowing you to change the F.A.Q text above the FAQ table on the front
  • Added a new setting so you can pick the amount of Q & A's to show on each page of the table

Is it already possible to put up a category (group of questions) up as a 'block' on certain areas of the site; like for example:

I write a set of FAQ's specifically for the Members Shop; (One of your Applications actually), and then I can embed it at the bottom of the shop page. A block from the IPS Page Builder thing that shows a list of questions and answers specific to the specific category from the FAQ's. So when someone comes onto the shop and wonder what the items are or how to use the shop, they can look below to see some FAQ's in that regard? I believe the other FAQ app has this, but I've not been able to work out how to replicate it on my site, after I moved over to yours.

If it's not possible will it one day be possible? Thanks!

Edited by Tripp★
On 5/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, Tripp★ said:

Is it already possible to put up a category (group of questions) up as a 'block' on certain areas of the site; like for example:

I write a set of FAQ's specifically for the Members Shop; (One of your Applications actually), and then I can embed it at the bottom of the shop page. A block from the IPS Page Builder thing that shows a list of questions and answers specific to the specific category from the FAQ's. So when someone comes onto the shop and wonder what the items are or how to use the shop, they can look below to see some FAQ's in that regard? I believe the other FAQ app has this, but I've not been able to work out how to replicate it on my site, after I moved over to yours.

If it's not possible will it one day be possible? Thanks!

I can look into something like that, even if it is like a widget ( Not a sidebar one ) and you will pick what category to show,

I will add it to my list and see what I can come up with

• 1 month later...

I get this error when trying to update the application:  1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

My host is telling me the permissions are fine, IPS is telling me to ask you. 

On 7/10/2018 at 3:05 AM, ProSkill said:

I get this error when trying to update the application:  1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

My host is telling me the permissions are fine, IPS is telling me to ask you. 

I have never seen this before, did you download it OK? maybe there was a connection problem downloading what corrupted the file?, I love the way the IPS support say ask me, Did they even check anything? I have downloaded it and installed it on a test site and it was fine, so it is not the file itself, ( plus all the other people uploaded it OK )

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Igor Denisov said:

Posted September 25.. I send screenshots errors..and PM.. Please fix problem or i ask PyPal about refund money... I see this ADD no have support

And from what we spoke and you said it worked

fqjyC0U.png

And the message you mean recently was sent 4 days ago ( I just checked ), I say this lots of times on this website, I do not always check my PM's unless it is something I am expecting, otherwise I will check them all only a couple of times a week, every file I have has a support topic, that is what I use for support ( unless I am expecting something via PM ) The support topics will get checked on a daily basis depending what time I have work that day etc, If you want a refund there is no need to go to PayPal and claim one, I will give you a refund if it is not working for you, that is not a problem just let me know and I will get it processed, If you do not want a refund, I see you sent login details to my PM, I will check it out at some point tomorrow as it is 00:00 hours here and I will soon be going to bed soon as I have been working nearly 13 hours today all in all.

Let me know what you want to do, no hard feelings will be held either way :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

And from what we spoke and you said it worked

fqjyC0U.png

And the message you mean recently was sent 4 days ago ( I just checked ), I say this lots of times on this website, I do not always check my PM's unless it is something I am expecting, otherwise I will check them all only a couple of times a week, every file I have has a support topic, that is what I use for support ( unless I am expecting something via PM ) The support topics will get checked on a daily basis depending what time I have work that day etc, If you want a refund there is no need to go to PayPal and claim one, I will give you a refund if it is not working for you, that is not a problem just let me know and I will get it processed, If you do not want a refund, I see you sent login details to my PM, I will check it out at some point tomorrow as it is 00:00 hours here and I will soon be going to bed soon as I have been working nearly 13 hours today all in all.

Let me know what you want to do, no hard feelings will be held either way :biggrin:

I want working app...

• 1 month later...