FAQ ( Support Topic )

7 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Nice! I like the easy interface.

Presale question:

Does this support pagination after so many FAQ items? If not, is that easy to implement?

At the minute it will show 10 per page, I can add a setting so the ACP can select it, I don't know why I didn't add it already too be honest, but I will add that tonight when I get back from work

6 hours ago, SammyS said:

Nice app. Can we add some categories to the FAQs? nice would have some 30 FAQs, Ill need some kind of categories to keep them organized so members dont have to read them one by one

I can look into it and see where it takes me.

Edited by TheJackal84

I have a similar question.  Can I create multiple 'instances' of FAQ? For example, different FAQs on member permissions, gallery questions, forum questions, download questions, etc. 

I don't really want them all in one big FAQ as that can get overwhelming.  

Edited by Joel R
11 hours ago, superj707 said:

Hi How do I get a version with no watermark/copyright on the bottom?

7 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

I haven't installed it yet, but I did not realize that it has a watermark/copyright on the bottom.

I may have missed that part in the description.

I too would like to know too.

Gimme a few days and I will have something for it

6 hours ago, ProSkill said:

I am getting this error: 

FAQNOCAT/1 faq_needs_category

I am unable to edit any question in this category. The first post has a link to another area and the forum, that's the only difference.

are you getting it just when editing a Q & A?, If you can send me ACP login via PM I will look into it for you

Edited by TheJackal84
14 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Gimme a few days and I will have something for it

are you getting it just when editing a Q & A?, If you can send me ACP login via PM I will look into it for you

Yes, I only get it when I try to edit the Q & A. I think it has something to do with the fact that I added an internal link because the page preview box or whatever it's called when you make an internal link appears, and I think it screws with the dimensions. I am not going to provide you access to my forum, I've given you the error code and a screenshot of how it appers. You should be able to replicate this in your test environment. 

6 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Yes, I only get it when I try to edit the Q & A. I think it has something to do with the fact that I added an internal link because the page preview box or whatever it's called when you make an internal link appears, and I think it screws with the dimensions. I am not going to provide you access to my forum, I've given you the error code and a screenshot of how it appers. You should be able to replicate this in your test environment. 

That's fine you don't have to provide it, it just makes things easier, like just now I fixed a problem in under 5 minutes as I didn't have to reproduce anything myself and see it in play,

I think I know what you mean anyway, the link has widened the divisions and it has moved the edit and other buttons out of view?

16 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

That's fine you don't have to provide it, it just makes things easier, like just now I fixed a problem in under 5 minutes as I didn't have to reproduce anything myself and see it in play,

I think I know what you mean anyway, the link has widened the divisions and it has moved the edit and other buttons out of view?

Correct. I uploaded a screen shot of how it looks. It none of the buttons show up, and I can't edit any of the other Q & A's in that category. The other category works fine that doesn't have a link.

1 minute ago, ProSkill said:

Correct. I uploaded a screen shot of how it looks. It none of the buttons show up, and I can't edit any of the other Q & A's in that category. The other category works fine that doesn't have a link.

Yeah I understand, does it not load to edit when you click on it? Also if that is the only Q & A in the category what happens if you delete the category? it should delete all Q & A's from it.

I will work on a fix anyway so links etc don't mess up the divisions and get it out ASAP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, TheJackal84 said:

Sorry I have already made a plugin for the copyright it will be one for all my apps. I just haven't got around to uploading it. I will have it up at the weekend at the latest

Ah, I like the idea of a branded-free for all apps.

I'll be eagerly waiting! :D 

Just now, superj707 said:

Not interested in using this with the branding and not willing to pay $50 for it to be removed. 

I respect your right to run your business as you see fit and I also wish you success but this is not for me. I’ll uninstall 

thank you

OK no problem, On my own site I will be offering discounts on it for users what have multiple files as it removes it from all of my apps the branding is on and any new stuff I make in the future not just the one application, I can not really do that here as I don't have control / access to the ACP and commerce features / discounts etc so it's a set price.