Can't upgrade: admin/install returns a 403 message

PPlanet

Actually, that makes sense because I'm upgrading, not installing from scratch, so please ignore the above. However, the admin/upgrade page returns this other error message:

Class IPS\Login could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace.

EX256

Yes you need to go to /admin/upgrade **not** to /install :) Although in most cases it won't easily let you have this 'accident' as the installer is locked.

Re-upload the 4x files again please. It is almost as though you have some missing or they are not in the correct locations.

Do you have a renamed admin directory ? If you do it would be possibly worth temporarily renaming it back to /admin (removing any lines from constants.php) then changing it back after the upgrade.

Thanks Andy, I haven't renamed anything. However, this is a test installation on a different domain away from my live site, and maybe that's where the problem lies. Even when all the requirements are met by the ips4.php check file (screenshot below), all Google searches I've done, even one here on IPS too, relate this error message to some license problem.

So, I wonder if this may have something to do. I did watch the files being uploaded and according to my FTP program all transfers were completed.

5a11af10a38ab_ScreenShot2017-11-20at3_17_17am.thumb.png.c549476813aaec80224607a9adb67903.png

The only other immediate suggestion is to check your FTP settings for the file transfer itself, sometimes it can 'skip' files if they are already present or if they match a certain date range. It is unlikely but not impossible it was trying to "help" and not overwrite existing files.

The 'tester' page looks good to me as it indicates. :)

If you are really still stuck after that then I'd suggest a ticket in the Client Area so a tech can take a quick look to see what the cause is.

Yes, I've already opened a ticket because I also realised that the license for my test site was still assigned to my previous dev installation, and not to the one I'm using now where I'm trying to upgrade. Not sure if this has anything to do but I'll wait to hear from them. And failing that I may try uploading again. :)

Cheers

Archived