Edit Frequency task

Adlago

If possible, please turn on this 'editing' an option.

I've been studying for a few days "Server Response Time". Now there are many tasks that are running at 5,10,15 and 30 minutes. When an execution time of several tasks coincides - a Server response time sharply increases for visitors to a site. This lowers the speed loading site.

On my site, I have been very difficult to get away with many of these coincidences - with manual task launch at a different point in time. Now I watch a relatively even server response time in constant monitoring that I use.

If you allow editing this frequency, you can easily make the runtime tasks have no match. I would use intervals of 7,13,17,23 and 29 minutes instead of intervals that are multiples of number 5.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Some ISP limit the email sent on one hour, or for cycle... I need to edit frequency as a lot of clients here

EDIT: there are some alert if alter tasks table?

image.thumb.png.c19cea72cbdf6d64a219a018fa5b85af.png

EDIT2: the constants not help

define('BULK_MAILS_PER_CYCLE', 30); //50 DEFAULT
define('NOTIFICATIONS_PER_BATCH', 15); //30 DEFAULT

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Adlago said:

I do not see a change - here is the example of 6 task simultaneous

I was agreeing with you... And pointing out all your numbers were Prime numbers.  Hence not divisible by any any combination of two of the others.  Thus reducing the overlap of task execution.

I'm not understanding why you quoted me, with a response that seems like you're pointing out why I'm wrong, when I agreed with you... 

4 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

I was agreeing with you... And pointing out all your numbers were Prime numbers.  Hence not divisible by any any combination of two of the others.  Thus reducing the overlap of task execution.

I'm not understanding why you quoted me, with a response that seems like you're pointing out why I'm wrong, when I agreed with you... 

Oh no, I did not want you to think I did not agree with you.
But I think that this issue should still be the attention of developers constantly. Let them think more.

For you only one Thanks and

cheers.

Archived