Pages SuperQuote (Support Topic)

Is there any special trick to getting HTML within a quote to display?  For example, one of my quotes should have a couple of words in italics.  I have the HTML in the quote, the quote field is set to accept HTML, and I have changed the display settings for the quote to "Display Custom Format" with {$value|raw} as the value.  Am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

@liquidfractal Thank you, I will look at it.

Hmm,my setting was right, but it is not changing.

I put in a random feed block on my own site and I find it doesn't always change with every single pageload - not sure how it's set up.  But if you put the block on, say, your forums page and your blogs page, then load them separately, you should definitely see a change.  Moreover, the more quotes you have the more likely you'll see a change sooner.

Did you remember to include a high value in the "Number to show" field of the block's feed configuration?

• 8 months later...

I posted earlier in this thread, and was unable to get fonts to work or Optional Block Templates.  I uninstalled all of it long ago.  When seeing this new version, I thought I would try again.  I have everything seemingly working well, but the optional block templates for SuperQuote_randomquote and SuperQuote_feed.  Would you be able to look at it if I provided credentials via message?

2 hours ago, BradTBP said:

I have everything seemingly working well, but the optional block templates for SuperQuote_randomquote and SuperQuote_feed. 

Please start by describing the issue here first. “There is an error message” is not enough. What does the error message say?

• 3 years later...

Hey @opentype I just got the plugin and I really like it 🙂 Thank you!
Few questions if you do not mind.

I will be using the plugin mostly as a single quote at my home page. I already have an existing database with quotes. The fields I have are: Title, Content and few more.
I created a block to show a quote reading from that database. All works fine but few questions:

1. The block shows the quote title with a nice font as per the settings. However, I do not need to show the quote Title but the quote Content from the database record. Actually I do not need the title at all. How can I fix this?
2. How can I make it that the quote changes one time per day? Like each day at midnight it should change randomly.

Let me know please.

Edited by estan
24 minutes ago, estan said:

1. The block shows the quote title with a nice font as per the settings. However, I do not need to show the quote Title but the quote Content from the database record. Actually I do not need the title at all. How can I fix this?

In the field section of the database, you need to make the field containing the quote the “title” field if you want to use SuperQuote. That’s the structure that is expected and necessary. If you can’t use this structure, you might need to create a second database for the SuperQuote records. 

615737826_Bildschirmfoto2021-10-25um07_23_20.png.96cd95b75394443aee72f07ba0ad3231.png

24 minutes ago, estan said:

2. How can I make it that the quote changes one time per day? Like each day at midnight it should change randomly.

The randomization depends on the global setting for the caching time of blocks. There is no setting to allow other periods specifically for SuperQuote. 

Edited by opentype

@opentype Thank you for your quick answer. This helps a bit. I'm still not fully clear though on these 2 points

1. I guess the other option I have here is to modify the template - superquote_randomquote. In the block I create, I can take it as a basis and modify it a bit. 

2. Is it possible to put the caching time for the quote only for 24hours? It was to choose caching time for blocks in previous versions of IPS, but I do not see such an option now. Any workaround for this or further suggestions? This one is pretty critical for me in order to use the plugin as needed on my home page as a Quote of the Day.

Edited by estan

12 minutes ago, estan said:

2. Is it possible to put the caching time for the quote only for 24hours?

No, it is not for the reasons already given. 
The global block caching time is set under System → Advanced Configuration → Server Environment → Performance → Cache sidebar, header and footer blocks