Adding Forum Category To Page

joshuaj

I'm building a page, and I'm wondering if it is possible to add a forum Category that honors permissions to a page?

I'm constructing a "Staff Area" and I want to include my staff forums on the page so my team members can access them directly from the page if then need to.

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

You can’t have forums on pages, but of course you can add a feed block from your staff forum to your page, so the block links to your forum section. 

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I might be able to add an actual forum to a page.

No, unfortunately you can't de-couple a forum node onto another page.  

Modern web users (aka anyone using social media) don't actually care about "content types" anymore.  They don't care if what they're posting is a status update, album, image, video, or quote. They just want to post their item and have it look good.  There's going to be a growing friction between the traditional setups of communities (that silo information by content types) versus modern streams.  Eventually I think online communities are going to need to aggregate their communities around tags / topics, and not content types.  I can have an image, a discussion, a status update, a file, or a blog post about one idea.  I shouldn't have to visit five distinct apps in my community (and get totally lost) trying to look up all of this information.  

Archived