Jump to Latest Post

Josiah Wallingford

6 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to have the forums automatically jump to the latest post in a discussion instead of showing the first post? I have been getting complaints about this from my users. It always starts them at the top of the discussion instead of sending them to the last page/post in the forums.

There is a setting that changes this behaviour from first post to last post by default. I'm on mobile atm, but I think it's in the ACP. Possibly under activity streams? 

23 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Is it possible to have the forums automatically jump to the latest post in a discussion instead of showing the first post? I have been getting complaints about this from my users. It always starts them at the top of the discussion instead of sending them to the last page/post in the forums.

system - content discovery - streams.

I know what the other options are saying is correct, but you are trying to replicate behaviour from another system that you've migrated to, so this is your best option.

edit your stream as per the sections

image.thumb.png.9be2b1be6a24a51e105d76d7a94be60e.png

Your users can do this on a one my one basis from the unread content search, but these options make it go site wide.

That is not doing it for me. For example, I am choosing to read a conversation that has three pages in it. I have read all of the content. When I click on the conversation I am taken to the middle of the first page instead of the end of the last page.

I would prefer it if it just took me to the last topic of the conversation even if I have not read it before.

No, I have not migrated any content over.

Archived