Clubs Forums on Forums Index

Hi @Adriano Faria, great work on the plugin, it mostly fits my needs. However, I think it would be excellent to have an option to have the fluid width view only reflect the forums you choose to filter in the block settings, instead of continuing to show every single club forum in fluid width view under the filter. Thank you!

I've discovered that if you turn off "Cache page output for guests" in Advance settings, it will no longer show any Clubs for guests!

However, the plugin still behaves inconsistently and unreliably with the ""Only Forums from Clubs that I am member" option, even aside from the Guest situation.

It's also worth noting I already had caching set to "none" in the first place (Even before disabling guest caching).

I'm wondering if anyone does have the "Only Forums from Clubs that I am member" 100% working for them?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, Brainy S. said:

I'm wondering if anyone does have the "Only Forums from Clubs that I am member" 100% working for them?

I have just bought it and tested. It does not work for me either. I see my clubs, go to the admin panel and login AS other user who is member of other clubs. Go to forum index and nothing changes. I still see previous list (my forums), even logged in AS someone else. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, zomBEE said:

On my forum, I now have the Club forums and My club forums below it. How can I remove the built-in version? 

It has nothing to do with my plugin; it is a Club setting. Choose Only within Clubs in the setting: ACP -> Community -> Clubs -> Settings -> Show Club Content Areas.

That’s how IPS did it. This will also remove club content from all apps, making it available only inside the club. 

3 hours ago, zomBEE said:

Also, open clubs still show to guests

If guests can go to your club and view its content, they will see this block. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It has nothing to do with my plugin; it is a Club setting. Choose Only within Clubs in the setting: ACP -> Community -> Clubs -> Settings -> Show Club Content Areas.

That’s how IPS did it. This will also remove club content from all apps, making it available only inside the club. 

If guests can go to your club and view its content, they will see this block. 

Okay, so if I turn that off, and add your plugin, it will show the clubs on the main page..but no content (such as responses, etc in activity)?

Yes. But as don't seem to understand is that my plugin has nothing to do with that behaviour. This is how IPS did it. Not me. My plugin works regardless this setting.

You can hide the IPS clubs forums on board index with some CSS treak in custom.css. Your best bet is to ask for help for a designer how to hide the default clubs block on index: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/500-theme-assistance/

• 3 weeks later...

We still have an issue with the plugin. We have chosen "Only Forums from Clubs that I am member". This works for registered members. However, for guest the entire list of our clubs (over 200!!) are displayed with this settings. Guests cannot be member of any club, so they should not see any club in the forum list. Can you fix this?

2 hours ago, Sonya* said:

We still have an issue with the plugin. We have chosen "Only Forums from Clubs that I am member". This works for registered members. However, for guest the entire list of our clubs (over 200!!) are displayed with this settings. Guests cannot be member of any club, so they should not see any club in the forum list. Can you fix this?

I can't reproduce:

But I'll force this option to appear only to members anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I have detected a small bug. I will detail it.

I created a club. Call it "New club"
I created a forum in the club. Call it  "New Forum"
I added content  ( maybe this is not related but I added 2 topics )
Moved the 2 topics to another forum, (not in the clubs) 
I deleted the forum "New Forum" 

But, the "New Forum" still appears in the list, not only for the group leader, but also for members. 
You can click on the link and it redirects to the club main section, since the forum no longer exists.

I tried to clear cache using the support tool, just in case it was something stuck there, but the issue still there.

The bottom line is that when you delete a forum in a club, it does not disappear.
Using version 4.4.3

Edited by gabs007
2 minutes ago, gabs007 said:

But, the "New Forum" still appears in the list, not only for the group leader, but also for members. 
You can click on the link and it redirects to the club main section, since the forum no longer exists.

I tried to clear cache using the support tool, just in case it was something stuck there, but the issue still there.

The bottom line is that when you delete a forum in a club, it does not disappear.

To summarize: you deleted a club feature (forum) and it still appears in the index block of this plugin?

On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, gabs007 said:

Using version 4.4.3

Can't reproduce:

Ther list is updated when I add/delete forums features.

• 1 month later...