Rocket.Chat Online Users - Support Topic

coming back to something reported by @jmw253 on the marketplace:

Error: Class 'IPS\tfrocketchat\widgets\Exception' not found (0)
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\applications\tfrocketchat\widgets\tfRocketChatWhosOnline.php(167): IPS\tfrocketchat\widgets\_tfRocketChatWhosOnline->readJsonFromUrl('https://chat.si...', Array, Array)
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Widget\Widget.php(731): IPS\tfrocketchat\widgets\_tfRocketChatWhosOnline->render()
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\uploads\template_3_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(14808): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\uploads\template_3_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(12460): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->sidebar('right')
#6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\uploads\template_3_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(5420): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('1fa89c086a6a3d0...', '\n<div class='ip...', Array)
#8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Dispatcher\Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#10 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Dispatcher\Front.php(556): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#11 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#12 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

I had a similar issue when rebooting my server and rocket.chat was not yet reachable. I'll have to investigate - currently I don't really know how to reproduce that issue. Probably the error handling does not cover all situations :rolleyes:

The widget runs with 4.2.5. Nothing changed there that I'm aware of.

Hang on...

• 4 weeks later...

hellooo

thanks for trying the extension!

Thats a bit hard to tell whats wrong :unsure: - the stacktrace does not contain any of the sources of this extensions. Do the system logs in the admin panel contain some more information? I'll have a look whats done in the files mentioned...

Are there any php functions disabled for your hosting?

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, Maksim said:

Thanks.  Question, how do we update the text... "ROCKET.CHAT USERS ONLINE"  to something like Forum Users In Chat... etc. 

Hello

the texts used by the widget should be in the language manager (sources) in the admin panel (Customization -> Languages) just like all other texts, the key is "block_tfRocketChatWhosOnline". The uppercasing is from the stylesheet.

16 hours ago, ossipetz said:

Hello

the texts used by the widget should be in the language manager (sources) in the admin panel (Customization -> Languages) just like all other texts, the key is "block_tfRocketChatWhosOnline". The uppercasing is from the stylesheet.

Thanks.  Worked perfectly.  Had to modify the underlying file.

Edited by Maksim

Currently it isn't. I've had a look on how this was done in the invisionboard chat and found it was a bit freaky. The menu on top does not really have a hook or a template. The solution was based on some javascript that would add that number of users bubble on the chat menu entry. My invisionboard customization skills are too limited to to figure out how to achieve this in some reasonable way.

So if someone has a hint on some good solution: let me know :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

guys, i just installed it on a fresh 4.4.9 install.. install went fine but i can not find it to be added as a block...?

i thought i go into the ipb template settings and add a new block template, select smthg with rocketchat from the plugin dropdown and its gonna be fine..(?) but there is nothing with rocket in the name?

what do i do wrong?

y, never mind.. i was just stupid.. found it..

thanks!

Edited by goose4all_merged

thanks for the update! I was a bit in panic when I read it first 😄

I think something still happened during the 4.4.9 upgrade. I could add the widget a second time from the available blocks. Seems the id of the block or something is calculated differently than before 🤔- but it works normally with our upgraded 4.4.9 and rocket.chat 2.3.0

• 2 years later...
On 11/1/2017 at 8:45 PM, ossipetz said:

This is the support Topic for the Rocket.Chat Online Users extension.

Either post your issues here or head over to the GitHub project to report an issue there.

We are looking for someone who might be willing to continue with the Rocket.Chat Online Users widget (see sources on GitHub).

We have moved our chat over to matrix.org / synapse and no longer have a Rocket.Chat server to test the widget with or continue to develop it.

Feel free to fork the repository - and let me know where it went, so I can point people there.

Or if you need some hints on how to do so (we use this Docker Image for local development of IPB applications) feel free to ask.

If the widget was of some use to you: thanks for using it! 🙂
(we hopefully can find someone to pick it up)