A lot of images /avatars in monthly images folder!!!

pequeno

Are they all similar to that ? :) By that I mean are they all the 'photo letter' type image ?

I would if it is mainly those please submit a ticket in the Client Area about this. I have seen this happen once before but it is not a regular thing at least as far as I'm aware.

If you submit a ticket please also either link to this topic or include a small note (from me) referencing /r14016/

Checking the folders I discovered:

- This has happened since July (folder monthly_2017_07)
- There are images of all avatar letters. Folders have around 6000 to 10000 images more than they should.

1 minute ago, AndyF said:

Are they all similar to that ? :) By that I mean are they all the 'photo letter' type image ?

I would if it is mainly those please submit a ticket in the Client Area about this. I have seen this happen once before but it is not a regular thing at least as far as I'm aware.

If you submit a ticket please also either link to this topic or include a small note (from me) referencing /r14016/

Thank you @AndyF 

I will contact in Client area.

3 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Checking the folders I discovered:

- This has happened since July (folder monthly_2017_07)
- There are images of all avatar letters. Folders have around 6000 to 10000 images more than they should.

Thank you @AndyF 

I will contact in Client area.

You're very welcome. :)

Yes. Please submit a ticket in this case.

Some more information about this:
- The images of the folders vary. A month ago I had 19,999 images and now they have dropped to 9,000. It seems that the number of images that are enlarged are changing.
- In some folder disappeared topics images. What's happening in this topic:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, yacenty said:

in october we had 48k of avatars letters - the winner was Z letter - 1426 files :p
Great optimizations guys :)

we already reworked Your script and now we have avatars folder and there is only 40 files - which can be easliy cached by ngingx server

Hello @yacenty

You could give me more additional information about this? I have opened a ticklet in support and they are reviewing it, I have thousands of avatars and unknown files from the folder monthly_2017_07 until now.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, AndyF said:

If you think its re-occurred with newer versions please submit a ticket / bug report ticket so a tech can take a closer look at this. ?

Right, but we'll wait for the end of the Independence Day holidays. :happy:

12 hours ago, pequeno said:

Right, but we'll wait for the end of the Independence Day holidays. :happy:

There is (afaik) support but it may just take longer I'd speculate. Same as say over other 'holiday periods' , I see what you're saying though. :smile:

I can't immediately think of a cause though for it to happen again, hence the suggestion of the ticket.

Some clarification...

Letter photos are (presently) generated for each user if the feature is enabled and the user does not have another profile photo, so it is not abnormal to see thousands of these images in your storage folders (depending upon the number of members, etc.).

There was a bug in previous versions where some images would get orphaned, which is what we addressed in 4.2.6. Letter photos will still, however, be generated if you enable the feature.

We are exploring alternative options for future versions, but for now this is expected functionality.

55 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Some clarification...

Letter photos are (presently) generated for each user if the feature is enabled and the user does not have another profile photo, so it is not abnormal to see thousands of these images in your storage folders (depending upon the number of members, etc.).

There was a bug in previous versions where some images would get orphaned, which is what we addressed in 4.2.6. Letter photos will still, however, be generated if you enable the feature.

We are exploring alternative options for future versions, but for now this is expected functionality.

Thank You for your information @bfarber

There is no problem if it works as it should, even if it is not the best way. :wink:

Archived