Topics By Tags

@kmk, the plugin works as intented. The problem in your case is that you are using Group Collaboration and wants to list tags from its topics.

My plugin was made and it's compatible with Core/Forums app only.

By default, it only searchs for tags in forums. You can include or not Clubs, so GC topics will be iincluded anyway.

It uses the basic permission getItemsWithPermission, so I'm not sure if GC extends that in anyway to change how it works.  It also only shows topics that everyone can see (it exclude topics that only author can see). So if it is like that, I suggest you to show this simple plugin to the GC dev and see what he says.

I may add this a new setting in my plugin.

Edited by Adriano Faria
7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

@kmk, the plugin works as intented. The problem in your case is that you are using Group Collaboration and wants to list tags from its topics.

My plugin was made and it's compatible with Core/Forums app only.

By default, it only searchs for tags in forums. You can include or not Clubs, so GC topics will be iincluded anyway.

It uses the basic permission getItemsWithPermission, so I'm not sure if GC extends that in anyway to change how it works.  It also only shows topics that everyone can see (it exclude topics that only author can see). So if it is like that, I suggest you to show this simple plugin to the GC dev and see what he says.

I may add this a new setting in my plugin.

@Kevin Carwile

If I understand what you’re saying, if you add it in Forum X, it will appears in ALL other forums. Same for topics. That’s how the framework works. And it is like that for ALL widgets, including officials. Make yourself a test: add a IPS widget in a forum and you will see same widget in all other forums. 

If that’s what you want, your best bet is request a change to IPS: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feedback-and-ideas/

15 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

If I understand what you’re saying, if you add it in Forum X, it will appears in ALL other forums. Same for topics. That’s how the framework works. And it is like that for ALL widgets, including officials. Make yourself a test: add a IPS widget in a forum and you will see same widget in all other forums. 

If that’s what you want, your best bet is request a change to IPS: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feedback-and-ideas/

Thank you, any solution can you provide in the meantime?

7 hours ago, kmk said:

Thank you, any solution can you provide in the meantime?

No. There’s no “solution” to provide.

On 28/01/2018 at 5:13 AM, kmk said:

I would like use it only in that forum section, but the same widget appear in others forums too, and showing last replies information.

And regarding permissions, it shows only topics that the user can see, regardless the forum it is. If John doe is in Forum Y and you’re listing topics from Forum X where John Doe has no access, the widget will appear blank, with no topics. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello Adriano,

is there the possibility to change which tab appears first,?

I dont need the first tab to be "recent replies/topics"

i want the first tab to appear, to be the tag of my choosing  

could you make that possible ???  thank you! 

Edited by MeMaBlue
On 28/02/2018 at 2:13 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No. First tab needs to be static. The other are ajaxed loaded.

can this be a paid extra plugin ? 

I kind of thought that the default landing tab would be one of my choosing :sweat:

I am willing to pay for this mod of the plugin. ??? or do you say its not possible ? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I don't know why not work with tags of clubs...please can you take a look?

Forum of club:

topicsbytags1.PNG

work for first tab:

topicsbytags2.PNG

Not work for tag tab:

topicsbytags3.PNG

A. I think I have all about clubs set up.

B. I downloaded the version 1.0.2, but there appear 1.0.1

topicsbytags4.PNG

Edited by kmk