(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

Hi @Nathan Explosion

I just installed the latest version of this plugin to my website which is using IPS 4.4.3 and I can't get the settings page to open. Every time I click the edit icon, I got the following error message:

Capture.thumb.JPG.817c9bfe9ebb3989a4d0a125656f9172.JPG

I tried uninstalling and installing several times, as well as all available versions you have for downloading, and I keep getting the same error.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by LDDG
  • 1 month later...

Quick query @Nathan Explosion just bought the plugin and it works as says except for one small issue. In Chrome 75.0.3770.100 the no download setting is not working as you can see from the image below the download option is still available:

image.png.0941a877c8e1ed27b093742825b57c6c.png

This is in Firefox (no download option showing)

image.png.ca002bfa715f556651c0aa8e99def25c.png

And this is in Edge (again no download option showing)

image.png.04aa46bdbfe71c69319816339223ab93.png

Any idea as to why?  With thanks (and great plugin BTW)

:biggrin:

I'll have to test later versions of Chrome - the 'controlslist' functionality being used to handle this is still not fully supported in all browsers, and drops in and out of usage in Chrome versions. If it's an issue with the plugin then I'll update it.

Tested and working as expected - see my next post please.

FYI: the reason the download option doesn't appear in Firefox and Edge isn't because of the setting in the plugin. It's because the HTML5 <video> and <audio> tags don't display a download option by default, like Chrome does.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 6/22/2019 at 4:44 PM, Davyc said:

image.png.0941a877c8e1ed27b093742825b57c6c.png

Actually....clarification needed....is that video or audio? If it is audio then take a look at the information on the 'Controls List Settings' tab:

image.thumb.png.f65132bd5c1a017962848f8ce4ff8ace.png

As far as I am aware, the <audio> tag still doesn't support the 'controlslist' attribute that the <video> tag does. I'll do some testing to see if it does now, and will update if there is support for it now.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
38 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Actually....clarification needed....is that video or audio? If it is audio then take a look at the information on the 'Controls List Settings' tab:

This is for an audio file - I've disabled the video uploads for storage space reasons, plus people can grab their videos from their YT channel.

In the settings this is what I have for the controls:

image.thumb.png.f75eb733eec6effcd0494d72079ef029.png

These are the permissions I've set:

image.thumb.png.da835d219f710ea37b008ff151c9f20f.png

42 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

As far as I am aware, the <audio> tag still doesn't support the 'controlslist' attribute that the <video> tag does. I'll do some testing to see if it does now, and will update if there is support for it now.

That would be fantastic thanks.  Much appreciate your attention and time for this.

Dave

1 minute ago, Davyc said:

In the settings this is what I have for the controls:

It doesn't matter what your settings and permissions are - it's the information above it that answers the question you posed:

Any idea as to why? 

Yes, because the functionality only targets <video> tags.

As mentioned, I'll test <audio> to see if it now supports controlsList.

@Nathan Explosion

I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you, but I have replicated the audio tag in html5 on my own site, without the download button.

<audio controls controlsList="nodownload">
  <source src="Mike Oldfield - Man in the Rain.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
Your browser does not support the audio element.
</audio>

This works in my test with the Chrome browser not showing the download option:

image.png.16c655490c1f60f65029a34cfecb96f4.png

Note, no download option is available.  If I remove the command controlsList="nodownload" the download option is available:

image.png.b6c1581ebebc283009009203fca7ed2d.png

Hope this is of use and can be implemented in the plugin as it is essential that the download option is not available for my use.

With thanks

Dave

What's new in v1.2.7

• Addition of controlsList support for <audio> tag, to allow disabling of the 'Download' option in the player
  • Added setting to disable right-click functionality on the player, to stop displaying of the browser context menu (requires javascript, so if javascript is disabled in a browser then it will not work)
  • v1.2.7 is supported with IPS 4.4 only (v1.2.6 is still available for IPS 4.2 & 4.3)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 5:28 PM, kmk said:

Is possible use it like a record voice?

Set a botton in the editor or below of click to choose file, click it to start record voice and post it. So user can use 2 methods  to use forum(maybe all ips suite), write or post voice.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what we need at our singing forum. A "microphone", quick and simple audio recorder feature that will capture embed audio into the post... just like a on text messaging, whatsapp, skype or FB... so they can do little singing samples and ask for feedback.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, VOK said:

Hi Nathan and thanks for providing this plugin, we have found it very very useful.  We are experiencing a small problem which Invision have identified as being caused with having this plugin installed though.  Replying using 'Quote' now throws up an error for users

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44af70e089tt72o/invalid url error.mov?dl=0

Any ideas please?

Guy

Can you provide me with a link to your site, and a login please?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, kmk said:

I have this plugin purchased recently, can I request for a direct botton "Record voice" in the editor? This could let call use of Voice Recorder of smartphone and upload the file directly. 

I find Click to choose files can let ne use the voice recorder, it let me record and upload  directly, I can see the audio player but it not show time for play or can't be played. 

I ADD "AMR" IN THE EXTENSION FIELD, BUT NOTHING. 

IMG_20200318_063510.jpg

Edited by kmk