(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

As you state, this is not the plugin's fault as the plugin is not being used for this.

If you use an editor field then I am happy to assist with issues. But to get assistance with this I suggest you start a new topic in the peer to peer forum to see if anyone has any ideas on how to display a player when viewing a custom field.....I may have time later this week to look at this for you, but I won't be doing it in support of this plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I just purchased your plugin. The embed audio doesn't play if it is from a site that doesn't have https extension (secure vs not secure). The embed image shows up but the play button is  dead. Nothing happens when you click. 

Can you help.

Edited by Dogmatic
  • 4 weeks later...

HI Nathan,

Lovely to see that you've made a player.
I purchased the player for MP3 files only as I have hundreds hosted on Amazon S3.

I installed the plugin but I think I'm missing something in the settings.

My husband did a test post and the player didn't show up.

He tried linking to an S3 file

and uploaded an actual Mp3 (same file) but neither showed up.

I'm guessing one of the settings is incorrect.

I took screen shots and wondered if you or someone else could take a look and tell me what I've done wrong? Sorry we're not very techie and new to IP Board but loving it over Vbulletin :)

warmly

Melissa

P.S. I did look at permissions and tested the "Enable Local Audio" and "Enable remote Audio" and refreshed the page but the player didn't show up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9 hours ago, Melissa West said:

P.S. I did look at permissions and tested the "Enable Local Audio" and "Enable remote Audio" and refreshed the page but the player didn't show up.

In that case, can you please provide me with the following (via PM):

1. Link to the topic
  2. ACP access, as follows (restricts my access to the Plugins only)
    • Create a new member account
    • Go to Members -> Staff -> Administrators
    • Add an administrator
    • Select 'Member' and lookup the new member, click Save
    • When created, edit it and change Permissions to Restricted
    • On every tab except System, disable the 'Grant access to ....' field
    • On the System tab, disable every section except Site Features
    • On the 'Site features' section of System, disable everything except Plugins.
    • Save and all done.

This is an optional update - if your remote links are being converted to HTML5 players without any issue then there is no need to upgrade to this version.

What's fixed in v1.2.4

• removed a PHP CURL version test which would result in remote links not being converted to HTML5 players if PHP CURL was disabled. (thanks to @Melissa West for reporting an issue which uncovered this behaviour)
  • 1 month later...

Notice regarding IPS 4.4.0 beta 1

This plugin has been tested against IPS 4.4.0 beta 1 and works as expected. If you decide to update to IPS 4.4.0 beta 1 and find a bug with this plugin then please feel free to report it here but do not expect a fix for the bug until IPS 4.4.0 has exited the beta/release candidate process and has been fully released.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm using ver 1.2.4 (10204).

I'm trying to set a maximum width (rather than fluid width) but when I deselect 'unlimited' and enter a width value in px. it will not save my choices. When I return to the setting popup my options have not been saved. Can you think of any reason why this might be? Thanks in advance :)

388016525_ScreenShot2019-03-02at14_46_02.thumb.png.88f902b775178cfb726ad59012dfa2d6.png

• 3 weeks later...

This is an optional update - if you do not use Downloads then there is no need to upgrade to this version.

What's new in v1.2.6

• Downloads - addition of support for displaying the player in the description of a Downloads submission.

Use-case:

Allows someone to upload a shorter 'preview' version of their main video/audio submission, and have the player displayed when the Download is viewed.

IMPORTANT: this addition doesn't provide a method to allow the display of a player instead of the 'Download this file' button, so do not purchase this plugin if that is your intention. This is the only integration I will be doing with Downloads, as I do not own, nor plan to own, a license to use that application. This integration was easy to achieve with the use of an IPS demo to check the app/module/controller being used when a Download is being viewed.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Stephen Bruce said:

Is it possible to get the player to show in other areas like the Featured Downloads

As previously stated:

On 3/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

This is the only integration I will be doing with Downloads, as I do not own, nor plan to own, a license to use that application.

39 minutes ago, Stephen Bruce said:

and Search results

No, as IPS strip HTML from content for display in the search results.