(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

I've got another option that I was planning to include with version 1.1, but can put out a 1.0.4 for if people would like it sooner.

The default behaviour for the HTML5 video/audio is to preload the video or audio element - which means that the moment a user loads up to the page containing the video/audio element then that item is being downloaded ready to be played. I can see that being a problem with mobile data, so have an option to control the preload behaviours.

If you guys would like this feature sooner rather than later, let me know and I can put out another version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2017 at 9:17 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Just a little taster of some of what is coming with version 1.1 ;)

Hi @Nathan Explosion, really looking forward to version 1.1, as I am looking for a plugin that will allow my members to playback video and audio uploads on Blog posts.

Just wanted to be sure that I've understood the functions of version 1.1 correctly, will this plugin be able to:

1. Playback video and audio file attachments in Blog posts?
  2. Embed and playback externally hosted video and audio, like on say YouTube and Soundcloud, in Blog posts?

What are the video and audio file formats that are supported for playback? Also, when do you think you'll be releasing version 1.1?

Thanks.

Here you go....

6 hours ago, Silver Huang said:
  1. Playback video and audio file attachments in Blog posts?
    • Answer: Yes, it will support the playback of video and audio file attachments in blog posts.
  2. Embed and playback externally hosted video and audio, like on say YouTube and Soundcloud, in Blog posts?
    • Answer: If it's already hosted on Youtube and Soundcloud, use the native IPS functionality provided by oembed. If it's a file hosted elsewhere without a player, then my plugin should be capable of playing the file. Example: http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm is a direct link to a video and the plugin will play it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqz-KE-bpKQ is the link for the same video but already hosted on youtube - the plugin will not not play it, and you should use the native IPS functionality.
  3. What are the video and audio file formats that are supported for playback?
    • Answer: Whatever your browser, or user's browsers, are capable of playing. The plugin doesn't provide the actual support for playback of the files - it's just a means to display the native HTML5 player for that file. Your browser provides the support for the ability to play those files. Want to test your browser's ability to show a HTML5 player? Go here: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/
  4. Also, when do you think you'll be releasing version 1.1?
    • I've got it pretty much ready to go now but I want to test it out a little more before I release - I'll have it released for sure before the end of the month, if not earlier.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Is anyone else experiencing a bug where normal embedded links from other IPS topic posts do not "render" correctly now?

The 2nd post on this topic is an example: https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/topic/6005-genesis-4/?do=findComment&comment=7736

I think the links would normally "auto-expand".... and in this case it now does so with the entire mobile site but making the link unobtainable.

The video uploads are playing nicely though ;-)

Edited by TheWorldNewsMedia.org
14 minutes ago, pequeno said:

It will be applied to the videos that are already uploaded?

Yup - the plugin modifies the display of the links/attachments, as opposed to modifying them prior to submission, so it's backwards-compatible to items uploaded prior to the plugin installation. If you aren't seeing the player for an attachment, make sure the attachment's file extension is added to the plugin's video settings.

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

As mentioned in my loooooong PM reply - the plugin itself is working fine, and is displaying the video player for the videos.

The issue is that the browser displaying the player is unable to play the file because a codec to do so is not available.

Thank you for your support.

One questión. In vídeos that works fine, is it posible to put a image from the video? Because vídeo apppears with white screen.

4 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Thank you for your support.

One questión. In vídeos that works fine, is it posible to put a image from the video? Because vídeo apppears with white screen.

That is all down to the file itself, and the browser - the default behaviour of the html5 video tag (the plugin simply does that....adds the video tag around the file's link) is to perform a preload of the content it is to play...if the file contains the information, then an image (ie the very first frame of the video) will be displayed. If it doesn't, then white screen. Again, not an issue with the plugin itself.

Please, @Nathan Explosion let me tell you one more feature that would be interesting in the plugin. ;)

I thing that fluid with and select the Maximum width-height, They should work together: Even if a maximum size is selected, it should be adapted to the browser.

Similar to embed videos featured in InvisionPower. Remember the descripción in ACP:

"This setting restricts the size of content (such as videos) from embedded links. The content will never be wider than the user's browser can display"

Why? Because I think that in that fluid with with 75% (for example)can look very large or very small depending on the size of the browser.

You have done a great job and I thank you for this plugin.

See you!

HI Nathan,

I've been getting some entries in my error logs that seem to have something to do with the HTML5 player.  For example, trying to view a JPG image in my gallery posted a long time ago didn't work and threw this error, which IPS say is "probably caused by" the HTML5 player plugin:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to DOMNode::removeChild() must be an instance of DOMNode, null given (0)
#0 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(39): DOMNode->removeChild(NULL)
#1 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\hook955->neavplayerparseDOM('')
#2 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Content.php(291): IPS\Content\hook956->content()
#3 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/gallery/modules/front/gallery/view.php(240): IPS\_Content->truncated()
#4 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\gallery\modules\front\gallery\_view->manage()
#5 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/gallery/modules/front/gallery/view.php(61): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\gallery\modules\front\gallery\_view->execute()
#8 /home/XXX/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

For some reason some of my images view fine, but others throw this specific error.

Edited by liquidfractal
2 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

HI Nathan,

I've been getting some entries in my error logs that seem to have something to do with the HTML5 player.  For example, trying to view a JPG image in my gallery posted a long time ago didn't work and threw this error, which IPS say is "probably caused by" the HTML5 player plugin:

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to DOMNode::removeChild() must be an instance of DOMNode, null given (0)
#0 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(39): DOMNode->removeChild(NULL)
#1 /home/XXX/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(13): IPS\hook955->neavplayerparseDOM('')
#2 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Content.php(291): IPS\Content\hook956->content()
#3 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/gallery/modules/front/gallery/view.php(240): IPS\_Content->truncated()
#4 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\gallery\modules\front\gallery\_view->manage()
#5 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/XXX/public_html/applications/gallery/modules/front/gallery/view.php(61): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/XXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\gallery\modules\front\gallery\_view->execute()
#8 /home/XXX/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

You're running the beta of v1.1 of the plugin, so thanks for posting this. For the sake of avoiding confusion, please report issues with the beta to me via PM.

All others - this issue won't come up with the current released version.

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You're running the beta of v1.1 of the plugin, so thanks for posting this. For the sake of avoiding confusion, please report issues with the beta to me via PM.

All others - this issue won't come up with the current released version.

Ahh, ok.  So just downloading and installing the most recent version will fix this?