(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

On 2/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Apologies for that - I've submitted a request to IPS for them to put a block on v2.0.x being available while I look into this one further. Will either have the JS sorted out, or a revert back to the previous back-end processing, in a few days time...will update here when all good.

Thanks- I had to disable as well as it appeared to slow down the site and at times break the rendering of pages especially on mobile. 

No worries...my testing indicates that there is just too much Ajax stuff going on that will still trigger the script on an ajaxcomplete event, and then you've got the preload functionality of the video/audio too.

I've got some spare time early next week to have a look at reverting the functionality to the backend and dropping the JavaScript method...shame, but it is what it is. Hopefully have a new version out for end of next week.

v2.1.0 has been submitted for approval

• FIXES:
    • a re-write of the re-write, reverting the location of the modifications to content to the PHP backend - this change was necessary as the Javascript functionality was being triggered multiple times on page loads due to other events taking place (ajax requests & content changes) and resulted in performance issues for the site.
  • CHANGES:
    • "Display video player in these forums" & "Display audio player in these forums" settings have been moved to permissions, and the setting 'as-is' has been applied to any existing permissions created.
    • Added "Display video player in these databases", "Display audio player in these databases", "Display video player in these calendars", "Display audio player in these calendars" settings to permissions.

Note: following upgrade to v2.1.0, you are advised to review the permissions defined in the application to ensure that they are correct

Edited by Nathan Explosion

@TBL_Alex

Please post your support request in this topic, not via PM - I am asking you to do this as you have requested a refund, and I would like you to explain publicly what the issue is with the application on IPS 4.5

For the record:

1. The application is designed to work on IPS 4.5
  2. I am not aware of any current issues with the version released over the weekend.

If you are going to request a refund, then please be courteous and offer me the chance to support what ever it is that doesn't work for you.

Thank you...so let's flesh things out from there then.

Based on what you are stating there, I am guessing that your aim is to stop people from downloading the video - is that correct? If so, which people exactly? All? Some? Elaborate.

Is the video an attachment on your forum? Or is it an attachment somewhere else on the site? If so, where? Or is this video linked from another site?

Thank you - now we are getting somewhere.

What web browsers have you tested this with?

Please provide a link to the specific page with the video.

Please provide a screenshot of all your settings and also the permissions which you have put in place in the application (a screenshot of the permissions listing will suffice)

Can you provide the screenshots of the Permissions listing, please? You've provided 1 tab of a single permission entry, I want to see the full listing (it will give me everything I need then)

Also, is the linked page a record in a database or a manually built Page?

It looks like a Page, not a record - the reason I am asking this is because this application manipulates the 'Content' of an entry in the Forum (so topics/posts), Calendars (events/comments) and Pages (Database records/comments). It does not do anything with your own created Pages, so I expect that the reason "It's not working" is because it's not intended to work this way.

FYI: that player isn't being created by my application - it's using native IPS functionality:

image.png.22129b44619915667e42704ff802def5.png

If this is a Page you built then please provide details on how you created the Page (possibly added a WYSIWYG Editor block to the page, and uploaded the video?) - I can probably assist you with modifying your own code to implement the features you want to apply to the video if you are able to edit your HTML code.

I might look into what would be needed to extend the application to that WYSIWYG block too. yep, that's doable...see next post.