(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I bought the plugin version 1.2.7 and I'm mostly very happy with the features - but I have the following two main issues:

1. For audio, only mp3 files are played back. The player shows up for m4a, flac etc, but the playback is not starting. The issue exists with all major web browsers. The files can be downloaded without issues so there is nothing wrong with permissions as far as i can see.
  2. The player only shows up in forums and not in Blogs, Pages (page or article) or Messages.

I tried using the default theme and also deactivated another plugin just to make sure they are not interfering.

The Permissions tab:

image.thumb.png.4eb0f99d1779ab0807040d15ce6539ce.png

Any advise?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all - it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

Just want to update on what I've got planned for this plugin - it has being converted to an application, which is currently being used live on my own site, and I'm hoping to release it very soon.

I have fully gone over the posts on this topic since I was last on here - once released, I plan to go back over the posts I've missed on here and see if the issues still exist and resolve any issues that are specific to the application. However, I will respond to this one now:

On 3/18/2020 at 11:16 AM, kmk said:

I have this plugin purchased recently, can I request for a direct botton "Record voice" in the editor? This could let call use of Voice Recorder of smartphone and upload the file directly. 

No - this is a Player and I have no intention at all of adding this functionality for you. If you require this functionality then I advise you to request is a custom work via the normal channels available to you on the forum.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, George Hutton said:

I just upgraded the forum and the plugin no longer works.

It's not compatible with 4.5 in its current state (compatibility for the plugin doesn't indicate 4.5 as supported)

Yes, it will be upgraded to support 4.5 now that 4.5 has been released - probably looking at releasing the new application version sometime next week.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, sobrenome said:

Does it work with MOV files on Google Chrome?

The question should be "Does Google Chrome play .mov files in a <video> tag?"

Back to the very first post on this topic - test it and see:

On 10/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Want to test your browser's ability to show a HTML5 player? Go here: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/

Update on an update for IPS 4.5 - development is about 80% through (same point I was at when I mentioned having a version ready back in August), and I'll be getting back to it when I've released updates to 2 other plugins that I am currently working on. No exact ETA, but it won't be too much longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on IPS 4.5 version for you...

I've got the following at near-completion and/or being tested:

1. (NE) Hide Content
  2. (NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player
  3. (NE) oembedServices Management

I'm now going to stop working on several at once, and concentrate specifically on them in the order above. Following the release of the first, I will move on to the next and so on. With a bit of luck (i.e. my day job doesn't get in the way) I am hoping to get (NE) Hide Content finished over the next few days with a submission to the MarketPlace early next week.

Note: all of the above have been converted from Plugins to Applications, and they each contain functionality which would now be under much closer scrutiny for MarketPlace release - as such, they need to be right so I am taking my time with them.

Once I've got those out of the way, I can move on to a few other items on my list.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

does this plugin work in other developpers app ?

Easy answer - no idea, but I highly doubt it. My plugin hooks into certain content items in the native product, not in other people's apps. If the other apps hook into the areas I hook into then they may end up with a video player, but they also may not.

In short - don't buy this if Andy's app doesn't support it natively.

31 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

Do you think if they upload a video and i have your plugin installed they will be embedded in a player ?

Native IPS code automatically displays a player for uploaded videos uploaded via the editor - my plugin comes from a time before that functionality becoming native.

Your question is better served by asking Andy, not me...or, as you have the product already, try it now.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Michael R said:

Can I upload my mp3 files to Downloads and insert it as an attachment (from downloads)?

I believe that is then treated as a remote link (I wouldn't expect that it would be then 'attached' elsewhere - I would expect it to be linked) - not a Downloads user, so you'll have to educate me here. If it is linked, then it comes down to the end of the URL....if the end is .mp3 (or any of the other audio/video extensions configured in the plugin), then you are golden as long as the place you've then linked it is supported by this plugin. If it'

But if the URL doesn't end in that (Let's say it's http://stuff.things.com/file.mp3.khsdkjhsdhakdhj83838382893) then it won't work.

So..educate me...described exactly what it is you are doing, and where you are adding the file after you have uploaded it to Downloads, and what the file name (after upload) or the linked URL is.

7 hours ago, Michael R said:

but it does appear when I upload the mp3 file as an attachment to a post.

Working as intended, yep. The settings of the plugin have a number of places which are supported for being able to display the player.

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I believe that is then treated as a remote link (I wouldn't expect that it would be then 'attached' elsewhere - I would expect it to be linked) - not a Downloads user, so you'll have to educate me here. If it is linked, then it comes down to the end of the URL....if the end is .mp3 (or any of the other audio/video extensions configured in the plugin), then you are golden as long as the place you've then linked it is supported by this plugin. If it'

But if the URL doesn't end in that (Let's say it's http://stuff.things.com/file.mp3.khsdkjhsdhakdhj83838382893) then it won't work.

So..educate me...described exactly what it is you are doing, and where you are adding the file after you have uploaded it to Downloads, and what the file name (after upload) or the linked URL is.

Working as intended, yep. The settings of the plugin have a number of places which are supported for being able to display the player.

Thank you for your reply!

I thought the same think and already have it on for remote link. Adding it as a link from downloads does not show any extension. So I understand now why it wouldn't pick it up.

I have started a monthly podcast for my community. The files are large +70Mb. So I am hesitant to start uploading all these files as attachments to posts.

There is an option for "downloads descriptions", but I am not sure how that would work. If I upload the mp3 as a download file, I think I would still have to include a link in the description that includes the extension.

I'm open to suggestions. 😄

2 hours ago, Michael R said:

There is an option for "downloads descriptions", but I am not sure how that would work

Literally what it says...Downloads has a descriptions fields. Any file attached there can be displayed in the player - it was added ages ago for someone, can't remember who. Here was the release information for it, with the use case at the time:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/441703-ne-html5-audiovideo-player/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-2782406

2 hours ago, Michael R said:

I'm open to suggestions

You haven't shown me the link that you are trying to use - this helps me understand what you have to play with.

Really wish you had asked if this was suitable for your use case before you had purchased it.

Closing the loop on this one - Michael has uploaded an MP3 file in downloads and was trying to use that as a remote link in a forum post. The link to the listing, in Downloads, is what was being used in a forum post - its structure is as follows:

https://site.com/files/file/1-name/

That definitely won't work, as it isn't a link to the file but a link to a page from which the file can then be downloaded. So, check the 'Download this file' button and the URL is...

https://site.com/files/file/1-name/?do=download&csrfKey=stuff

Now that...that can be used as the URL in an audio/video tag (tested, works) but the problems are as follows:

1. The csrfKey is unique to the person downloading the file - one person's csrfKey in a URL will not work for someone else. RESULT: no download
  2. There is no way, from the URL alone, to tell if the file is an audio file or a video file, so no idea which player to show
  3. No way to determine, from the URL alone, which category the file is in within Downloads (in case you wanted to only make files in a specific category 'embeddable'

Number 2 & 3 are potentially items I can figure out but I don't use Downloads, nor do I have a need for it, so I can't develop for it as I can't see its code - and at $75 to add it, with a $10 renewal, it is not something I am going to spend money on. Maybe at a later point, yes...but at this time, no.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...