(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing that you are looking to disable it because you can see it in Google Chrome?

Control over the controls is limited, to be honest, and is only possible with Google Chrome and the Video tag (see the 'Controls List Settings' tab in the plugin settings)

I've been looking in to a possible way of achieving this with the Audio tag....it's kludgey but potentially possible.

Let me know if my guess about Chrome is correct.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'm guessing that you are looking to disable it because you can see it in Google Chrome?

Control over the controls is limited, to be honest, and is only possible with Google Chrome and the Video tag (see the 'Controls List Settings' tab in the plugin settings)

I've been looking in to a possible way of achieving this with the Audio tag....it's kludgey but potentially possible.

Let me know if my guess about Chrome is correct.

image.png

Yeah, you are absolutely right about the chrome, I just tested it on microsoft edge, the download button doesn't show up. So as now there is nothing that can be done about it?

1 minute ago, Y Lopez said:

Yeah, you are absolutely right about the chrome, I just tested it on microsoft edge, the download button doesn't show up. So as now there is nothing that can be done about it?

At the moment, nothing as the tag doesn't support the 'Controls List' functionality (Video does, Audio doesn't.....blame Google)

But I might have a way of kludging it, so keep an eye out for an update.

One other thing to note: even if I can remove the Download option, there is nothing to stop the user from right clicking the player and choosing to save the audio there.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

At the moment, nothing as the tag doesn't support the 'Controls List' functionality (Video does, Audio doesn't.....blame Google)

But I might have a way of kludging it, so keep an eye out for an update.

One other thing to note: even if I can remove the Download option, there is nothing to stop the user from right clicking the player and choosing to save the audio there.

Thank you, I really do appreciate the response and I'll be excited for your next update.? I'm just concerned about legality.

Just now, Y Lopez said:

Thank you, I really do appreciate the response and I'll be excited for your next update.? I'm just concerned about legality.

Keep in mind - if the plugin wasn't there, the user can download the items anyway (Remote links, right click a link and save as. Local attachments, right click and save as....assuming they have the 'Download attachments' permission enabled if the item is in a forum post)

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Keep in mind - if the plugin wasn't there, the user can download the items anyway (Remote links, right click a link and save as. Local attachments, right click and save as....assuming they have the 'Download attachments' permission enabled if the item is in a forum post)

I Understand there's not much to do about that. Thanks again, hope that update comes soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

What's new in v1.2.2

On 6/7/2018 at 4:33 PM, Allfict said:

I Understand there's not much to do about that. Thanks again, hope that update comes soon. 

The kludge no longer works, as Google have modified the way that the player appears thus making things more difficult to do....

But that won't stop me...got another plan in mind mwaahahahaa

Good morning @Nathan Explosion

In the last couple of days I updated the (NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player to 1.2.2 (10202) and I have the latest Invision Community (v4.3.4)

Now any mp3's uploaded will just display the file name - no player. If the user clicks it - it takes them to a permission page:

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

I first asked Invision themselves but they say I need to speak to you - please advise

If you provide a link to a topic then I might be able to assist....not much I can do otherwise.

However...if the link reports that then the reason my plugin won't display a player is because the plugin checks to see if the user can download the file....if they can, display a player. If they can't (because it is not available) then it won't show an editor.

If I take a look at your site and see that the URL for the attachment is unmodified by my plugin then you're going straight back to IPS for support ?

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Ok - the URL is unmodified by my plugin:

https://thelounge.voiceoverkickstart.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=29

Clicking that results in the error message and it's because of "no_attachment_permission", which is the reason that my plugin's audio player isn't displayed (no point showing a player for something someone cannot download.....how would they be able to play it?)

So.....disable my plugin and click the link again.....

If it's the same error, off you go back to IPS support....nothing to do with my plugin. (But before you go to IPS, I suggest you take a look at the 'Download Attachments' permission of the forums to make sure that people actually have the permission to download):

image.thumb.png.2cf5804312c279d402ab0a8dfd335749.png

But if it works, then give me the ACP access to take a closer look.

And that, IPS Support, is how you do proper investigative support instead of slopey-shouldering it as soon as you see a hint of a plugin being mentioned ?

9 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Ok - the URL is unmodified by my plugin:

https://thelounge.voiceoverkickstart.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=29

Clicking that results in the error message and it's because of "no_attachment_permission", which is the reason that my plugin's audio player isn't displayed (no point showing a player for something someone cannot download.....how would they be able to play it?)

So.....disable my plugin and click the link again.....

If it's the same error, off you go back to IPS support....nothing to do with my plugin. (But before you go to IPS, I suggest you take a look at the 'Download Attachments' permission of the forums to make sure that people actually have the permission to download):

image.thumb.png.2cf5804312c279d402ab0a8dfd335749.png

But if it works, then give me the ACP access to take a closer look.

And that, IPS Support, is how you do proper investigative support instead of slopey-shouldering it as soon as you see a hint of a plugin being mentioned ?

And that sir is perfect! Thank you! It was exactly to do with the download attachments! Funny enough in my original message to IPS support I mentioned about how along with the player not "working", if the user clicked on the .mp3 link it blocked it. They just kept saying to speak to you

Excellent support from you!! 

52 minutes ago, Voiceover Kickstart said:

Funny enough in my original message to IPS support I mentioned about how along with the player not "working", if the user clicked on the .mp3 link it blocked it. They just kept saying to speak to you

Oh, the triggering of "can't help you" if there's any thing which makes them think of customisation is very frustrating at times. I've fallen foul of reporting unexpected behaviour (ie custom.css not loading @import fonts) and been moved on because it's viewed as a customisation issue rather than functionality not working.

Edited by Meddysong
3 minutes ago, GiulioPua said:

With plugin enabled some pages are not loading anymore, become just white pages without any code... Anybody with the same problem?

Help me to help you - provide a link to a page that you have the issue with (no need to have the plugin enabled...just need to see if as it normally would look)

If you want further assistance from there, then provide me with ACP credentials via PM and I can take a closer look behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Help me to help you - provide a link to a page that you have the issue with (no need to have the plugin enabled...just need to see if as it normally would look)

If you want further assistance from there, then provide me with ACP credentials via PM and I can take a closer look behind the scenes.

will send you credentials via PM, because all pages are in restricted forums

• 4 months later...

Hi there.

I've just added your plugin (1.2.3 (10203)) to my site v4.3.6 and though it seems to work fine in forums, it  will not convert uploaded audio records in a database I've made in Pages.

I tried it with latest Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Any ideas?

To close off the above for others reading - there was no issue with the plugin as it is designed to work on editor content, but in the above case the field that contained the attachment was an 'upload' type. In this situation, the plugin is not necessary and the Pages app provides the ability to already present a player if desired, as follows:

1. Edit your upload field
  2. Set the 'Display View Format' to Custom
  3. Set the 'Display Custom Format' depending on needs (see code boxes below)
  4. Save the field and view the record to see the effect.
<audio controls><source src="{$value}"></audio>

or

<video controls><source src="{$value}"></video>

That worked fine, except the player shows no matter what. 

To elaborate: the database I've made in Pages aims to make an audio - video gallery. When adding something it can be a Youtube or Soundcloud link or a direct upload.

When an mp3 is uploaded the player works fine with your tip. But... the audio player shows even if there is no uploaded audio record and under or above the Youtube video if one is linked. Please see attached.

I think I understand that this is probably not the plugins fault but since you were kind enough to help I thought I would mention that the above is not working 100% right and now I still have the problem.

audioplayer.jpg