(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

5 hours ago, Abby Weng said:

Yes, I'm using chrome Version 63.0.3239.132

Thank you!

OK - it's achievable for Chrome as version 58 onwards has support for an attribute called 'controlsList' which allows you to disable some items such as full screen and dowload, so I'll add that in as soon as I can (Support for that attribute appears to be limited to Chrome v58 and above, and Opera v45 and above)

On 1/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, Nathan Explosion said:
On 1/6/2018 at 11:30 AM, Abby Weng said:

Currently, I can't make adjust the audio scrollbar to move to different parts of the audio. Is this something you can fix in the next update? Please

It's probably not something I can fix as the player behaviour is dictated by the browser, but I'll take a look anyway - what OS and browser (version please) was that being used? (I suspect it is Chrome)

1) I just want to update you on this and let you know that on this page
https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/?u=narwakk.free.fr/musiques/Bob/Bob Marley - Roots, Rock, Reggae.mp3

The mp3 cursor moves around properly and doesn't keep returning to the beginning (I'm using the same Chrome browser where the previously recorded problem occurs).

Screen Recording 2018-01-06 at 11.32 AM (1).mov

I really hope that this can be fixed otherwise the embedded player is quite limited in its function.

2) Is there any way we can make the player larger, like what we see on the page?

Thank you so much!

Edited by Abby Weng
4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

1) I am still doing my own investigation on this.

And it appears to be an issue with Chrome's response to the headers sent by IPS in applications\core\interface\file\attachments.php (this is a Chrome bug, more than IPS - I could reproduce this without IPS involved entirely if I changed my server's configuration to not respond to partial-content requests)

Go to the following page in Chrome - 3 representations of the same file, on a page that is independent of IPS and the plugin.

Test all 3, and I reckon number 3 is the one that won't work for you either.

https://test.ynwa.tv/player.html

If I can figure out a way to patch this without a direct file edit, and using a hook instead, then I will include it in the plugin - but this is not an issue with the plugin at all (for other's reference)

On 1/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

2) Go ahead...you have settings available to set the initial default size of the video player (as the admin) and a setting to allow resizing of the video player (as the user) by dragging the bottom right corner.

I should've clarified my question: is there anyway to change the size of the audio player (and where can I do that?)
Thank you so much for helping!

6 hours ago, Abby Weng said:

I should've clarified my question: is there anyway to change the size of the audio player (and where can I do that?)
Thank you so much for helping!

I haven't put the resize functionality in for the audio player, as I didn't see a reason for it.....you're not looking at the audio, unlike the video.

Is this something you would need then? Could you explain why, just for my own curiousity.

• 4 weeks later...

What's new in v1.1

• plugin has had a complete rewrite to reduce duplicated code and improve performance, as well as allow easier addition of new functionality as and when needed
  • Audio/Video player can now be displayed in the following areas:
    • Forums
    • Pages
    • Blogs
    • Calendar
    • Messaging
    • Announcements
  • granular permission functionality to control a group's ability to view the player depending on the type (audio/video) and location (local attachment or remote link) of the media item
  • Preload functionality now specific to video and/or audio, instead of a global setting
  • Added support for the Google Chrome supported 'controlsList' attribute, which allows the hiding of certain controls in the HTML5 video player.

Important: after upgrading the plugin, please review the settings to adjust them as required to introduce the permissions/location functionality.

Note: There have been some reports recently of other apps/plugins seeing settings disappear/resetting after some time or on app/plugin updates. If you do experience this issue, it may be prudent to uninstall/re-install the plugin.

I can show you the code that the link takes but it's nothing to do with the plugin at all. The plugin will take this out if 'Display original link' is disabled, and do nothing to the link if the setting is enabled.

It's simply the default link that is is put in by IPS when you add an attachment.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-extension="core_Attachment" href="http://localhost/ips_42/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=24" data-fileid="24" rel="">a2002011001-e02-16kHz.wav</a>

So that is what you target via you custom CSS.

If I do any further development on the plugin then I can pop an additional class in to the link that you can then target if you wished to only change links for audio/video files.

Stuff it....was easy to add so update released :D

What's new in v1.1.1:

• Added 'neavplayer' class to the link that is left in place in the event that 'Display original link' option is enabled for audio or video.
Edited by Nathan Explosion
16 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I can show you the code that the link takes but it's nothing to do with the plugin at all. The plugin will take this out if 'Display original link' is disabled, and do nothing to the link if the setting is enabled.

It's simply the default link that is is put in by IPS when you add an attachment.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" data-extension="core_Attachment" href="http://localhost/ips_42/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=24" data-fileid="24" rel="">a2002011001-e02-16kHz.wav</a>

So that is what you target via you custom CSS.

If I do any further development on the plugin then I can pop an additional class in to the link that you can then target if you wished to only change links for audio/video files.

I mean for marked in yellow below:

image.thumb.png.7114cc03f9d1e47baa8c5ba76a4ad8c0.png

i tried to change what you suggested withour success

8 minutes ago, IceCore said:

I mean for marked in yellow below:

image.thumb.png.7114cc03f9d1e47baa8c5ba76a4ad8c0.png

i tried to change what you suggested withour success

I know what you mean - that is the "original link"

It's up to you what you do with the CSS - just target the new 'neavplayer' class (just added in v1.1.1) in your custom.css to do what you want with it.

Nathan, I am having an issue where the plugin is no longer working for new remote .mp4 links. It's weird because it was working, and the old links still work. However, if you copy an "old" link and paste it into a new post only the link is displayed and not the video player. Any ideas on what could cause that? 

Edit: It appears that for this to work you have to enable "Can post HTML" in the member group permissions. 

Edited by ProSkill

Not sure what version of IPS 4.2 that issue sneaked in at - I was using the 'ipsnoembed' attribute on remote links as indicating that they hadn't already embedded, which means 'fair game' for my plugin. Looks like that attribute is no longer being applied on remote links, so had to come up with another option.

What's fixed in v1.1.3

• fixed an issue where new remote links were not being converted to display the audio/video player.
11 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not sure what version of IPS 4.2 that issue sneaked in at - I was using the 'ipsnoembed' attribute on remote links as indicating that they hadn't already embedded, which means 'fair game' for my plugin. Looks like that attribute is no longer being applied on remote links, so had to come up with another option.

What's fixed in v1.1.3

• fixed an issue where new remote links were not being converted to display the audio/video player.

Thank you that worked. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, romanov_sky said:

It's 10-20mb, so i need to wait 20-40 seconds. Is it normal behaviour?

Yes, you would have to wait for it to download before it can be played.

If you have the preload setting for audio set to either None or Metadata, then it will begin downloading when you click play. If you set it to Auto then it will begin downloading when you load the page (and therefore the player)

Testing on IPS 4.3 Beta 1:

• Plugin works without any modifications needed.
  • No conflicts with the new video upload functionality of IPS 4.3
  • There doesn't appear to be any posts rebuild functionality for items added prior to upgrade, so old uploaded videos won't be automatically converted to embedded videos unless the post is edited and the existing link is removed, and the already uploaded video is added back to the post.
  • Audio is not embedded in IPS 4.3

Plans for this plugin in IPS 4.3 final:

• I plan to extend the preload/width/size and controls list settings functionality in my plugin to control these items on the automatically embedded items added natively by the IPS 4.3 software.

When will this plugin be supported on IPS 4.3?

• when IPS 4.3 final is released.
1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, you would have to wait for it to download before it can be played.

If you have the preload setting for audio set to either None or Metadata, then it will begin downloading when you click play. If you set it to Auto then it will begin downloading when you load the page (and therefore the player)

Thank you!
As i figured it out though, it was a problem with 'm4a' file format. I converted those big files to mp3 and it solved this issue.