(NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player

• Forum plugin which will display a HTML5 audio or video player for audio/video attachments and/or remotely linked audio/video files.
  • Ability to enable/disable the player for audio or video or both (disabled by default, so effect will not be immediately seen on posts)
  • Ability to enable/disable the respective players from handling remotely linked audio/video files.
  • Ability to control the initial size of the video player so as to avoid 'large' videos pushing outside the post container.
  • Ability to include the original link, to act as a fallback for users with browsers which cannot either
    • display the HTML5 player or
    • play the audio/video file
  • Admin configurable list of audio/video file extensions.
  • Plugin is compatible with IPS 4.1 (tested with 4.1.19.4) and IPS 4.2 (tested with 4.2.5)

Please note the following:

• If you require support then please post in the provided support topic. Do not use PM and do not use the review functionality.
  • Plugin support does not extend to assisting you with adding support for playing a specific audio/video file/codec to your browser (Google is your friend in this situation)
  • Want to test your browser's ability to show a HTML5 player? Go here: https://tools.woolyss.com/html5-audio-video-tester/

Questions:

1. Why are you charging more than your usual $5 for your plugin?
    • Development of this plugin took longer than others, and I envisage future development and support will be time consuming too.
  2. Will the plugin be extended to work on other applications in the IPS suite?
    • I will try to develop it to work within the Pages application, however other applications will be more difficult due to me not owning licenses to use them. Never say never, but for now it's a 'No'
1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

I would like to increase the size of the video but it appears its not responsive.  Is there any css that can fix this?

Not possible with the default video settings I've put in place (started with the basics) but I've been looking at the additional options that could be available for the tag via javascript, so will keep this one in mind for a future version.

@All:

• v1.0.2a of the plugin has now been released to fix the following issues (all users are encouraged to upgrade to this version as soon as possible)
    • issue with capital letters in the name of the uploaded or linked items.
    • issue with attached images and emoticons no longer displaying
  • The image which Steve attached of a video displaying outside the width of the controls is from Chrome on a Mac, so I'm looking in to whether there are any kludges to force it back in line. If you come up with that issue on another browser, please post browser name and version details up here for me to check on.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
9 minutes ago, juanjo88 said:

Video Ad Serving Template, used to include ads in HTML5 players

https://www.iab.com/guidelines/digital-video-ad-serving-template-vast-3-0/

Got an actual example of what it is you are looking for? I'd need to see one in place to understand it better, as I don't have time to go through that link - I've got a rough idea of what you are asking (ie user plays a video, the VAST stuff places an ad within that video?) Got an implementation guide I can read?

This plugin takes the following (attached audio/video files or remote audio/video links):

image.thumb.png.4804ee67c47f11753548095b7a11d2c0.png

and produces the following:

image.thumb.png.eea2af62e31a2f0d7a28449aa31bca6b.png

Just taken a look at an implementation of VAST ads at http://www.html5vast.com/

The answer is yes, it would be possible to implement VAST in to videos - it looks like it targets the ID of the <video> tag, and then plays the ad before the video itself is played. I can't help with the integration of VAST itself, but I can make it easier for you by adding an ID to each video that matches up to the ID of the post within which the item is played (example: this post is ID number 2717066, so I'd make the video's ID nevid_2717066...I'll add in something to handle multiple videos in posts too.... nevid_2717066_1, nevide_2717066_2 and so on)

Then in your VAST implementation, you could target those IDs.

Asked via the review system:

Could you add the total time of the file and the remaining time - as played, on Safari there is none.

The tag is displaying as default in browsers, so is behaving as designed (not my design....this is just simple HTML5 going on here).

At a later point in the plugin's life, I may look in to adding this functionality through other methods (if possible) but for now - it is behaving as designed

Helpfully asked via the review system (last time I'm going to provide support for anything posted there)

On 29/10/2017 at 11:35 PM, Virgo81 said:

with the mp4 file does not appear on the video but the audio player

1. Provide the MP4 file for testing
  2. Post a screenshot of the resulting item posted on your forum
  3. Provide a screenshot of the plugin settings for both Video and Audio