RSS is not working

media

RSS buttons are everywhere and RSS turned ON but error messages all over What is going on?

I have just upgraded from 3.4 and I am at 4.2.5

Here is the message I get

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/rss/1-rss-feed.xml/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Are you using the .htaccess mod_rewrite ? If not sure, do your regular site URL's still have an index.php in them ? If they do not, then you are using this.

It half looks like a mod_sec issue but I think (hope) that's a thing of the past these days.

Is it only RSS feeds that are doing this ?

I would however carefully look at any .htaccess file in your forum/suite directory and compare it to the one provided in the ACP. This can be found at ACP > System > Site Promotion > Search Engine Optimisation > 'Friendly URL's' tab >

The issue could be something as simple as a minor conflict in the .htaccess file if you still have the 3x one in place rather than the 4x one. If you're going to change it keep a copy of the original one obviously. :) , then try the 4x one supplied from that ACP page in its place. If you have any custom lines in your old one you'll likely need to add them back too if they are still required, things like 'deny from' to block certain IP ranges or suchlike.

15 minutes ago, FGN said:

Sry to butt in on this thread, but i'm using a RSS feed plugin on my Facebook page

everytime i go to put in the url for the page i want the Feed to come from, it starts to load the feed, then cuts off and says that there is no RSS feed from that page

I have already contacted the author of the app, they confirm that the RSS feed works? Even when i disable all third party apps except the one i want to use, still does not work

I'm a cloud user here....any suggestions for me, other than me using a support ticket..or is that what i have to do?

Please next time open your own topic for 3rd part, this one is for my problem... thanks

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

I would however carefully look at any .htaccess file in your forum/suite directory and compare it to the one provided in the ACP. This can be found at ACP > System > Site Promotion > Search Engine Optimisation > 'Friendly URL's' tab >

Thank you so much replacing .htaccess file fixed the proble... They are all working just fine...

Great help thank you again...

Archived