Commerce: Add notes | Search | Pay by card

Meddysong

After a couple of years of having it, I've finally bitten the bullet and tried to use Commerce. Mission accomplished with Paypal, so I'm happy!

There are a couple of things that should be obvious but I seem to have missed them, though:

1) How does a customer add a note to say something like "Please leave with number 12 if no access"? I can see that on the invoice there's the option to add a note but not when you're ordering. Or have I got it wrong and it's working as designed?

2) This is a bit late in the day but ... it doesn't seem possible to search Commerce. That's not good; I want people to be able to buy things and they may need to search to locate them. Or am I missing something?

3) I tried to set up paying by card (but without leaving the site) using Paypal, having heeded the warning Your account must have access to Direct credit cards. I've tried to set it up but the instructions on the Paypal site might as well be in Greek. So since this doesn't look like an option, is there another way of allowing users to pay through the site without having to leave it?

18 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

1) How does a customer add a note to say something like "Please leave with number 12 if no access"? I can see that on the invoice there's the option to add a note but not when you're ordering. Or have I got it wrong and it's working as designed?

You could set up a note field for products where this makes sense. 

18 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

2) This is a bit late in the day but ... it doesn't seem possible to search Commerce. That's not good; I want people to be able to buy things and they may need to search to locate them. Or am I missing something?

Yes. It’s like that. There are also no product widgets and no products in the activity feeds. Maybe it will finally come in 4.3. 

Archived