Ability to make the 1st admin undeletable?

MarilynWallace

This is something I saw happen at a board that I frequented years ago. Someone that had been promoted to an admin spot had a disagreement with the other staff members then proceeded to delete all of them and delete everything off the board. A lot of content was lost. I seem to recall some sort of plugin for IPB that enabled this - or maybe it was for another forum software (I've tried out many). I think it would be a useful feature.

When adding someone as an administrator, you can either add that member specifically (AdminCP -> Members -> Administrators) or move them into a group you've already set up as an administrator. If you do the latter, it's a good idea to use a different group which you apply restrictions to, leaving yourself unrestricted. When creating an administrator there are a number of restrictions you should disable for most administrators:

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 09.32.30.png

But it's well worth reviewing all the restriction options to make sure you're not giving someone more power than is necessary.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

When adding someone as an administrator, you can either add that member specifically (AdminCP -> Members -> Administrators) or move them into a group you've already set up as an administrator. If you do the latter, it's a good idea to use a different group which you apply restrictions to, leaving yourself unrestricted. When creating an administrator there are a number of restrictions you should disable for most administrators:

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 09.32.30.png

But it's well worth reviewing all the restriction options to make sure you're not giving someone more power than is necessary.

Such as "Can edit admin accounts" ?

Archived