Moving IPB to sub folder

Eudemon

If I move IPB to /community

How do I map the other IPB apps to something like:

domain.com/blog/

instead of

domain.com/community/blog/

currently I think htaccess is one way, but is there anything natively supported by IPB?

---

btw anyone who has latest version, does it give you option to auto get notified on posts you made or reply to.

Assuming you're using 4.x, there's no need to move anything. Just change the default app to one of the other ones (ACP > System > Applications > click a star), which will put your forums at domain.com/forums. 

Then go to System > Advanced Configuration > Friendly URLs and edit the ones which contain forums so that they contain community instead.

On 18.10.2017 at 8:24 PM, Eudemon said:

If I move IPB to /community

How do I map the other IPB apps to something like:

domain.com/blog/

instead of

domain.com/community/blog/

That’s not officially supported. You set one default app and all others will have an URL slug added, like in your example: /community/blog

You can mess with the URL setup in the advanced settings, but I would only do that if you absolutely have to. 

Unfortunately, it is not supported to have different applications live in different directories. We would recommend placing the suite in the root and setting Pages as the default app (if this is desired outcome) then the subsequent applications will follow with their proper FURL (e.g. yourdomain.com/forums, yourdomain.com/blogs, yourdomain.com/gallery, etc...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 9:06 AM, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, it is not supported to have different applications live in different directories. We would recommend placing the suite in the root and setting Pages as the default app (if this is desired outcome) then the subsequent applications will follow with their proper FURL (e.g. yourdomain.com/forums, yourdomain.com/blogs, yourdomain.com/gallery, etc...)

in that case how do I point page to my custom php system while making it look like in the root

On 10/24/2017 at 11:04 AM, Joy Rex said:

If all @Eudemon cares about is URL aesthetics, could MOD_REWRITE or similar achieve the desired effect?

actually that's the first thing came to my mind using htaccess, but it would potentially break some folder structuring,

just wondering if there is a cleaner way to do it

On 10/24/2017 at 6:34 AM, Optic14 said:

Hi @Eudemon

To my knowledge you can do this with Pages as your default app - I don't know if it would work for the other apps as the default:

my issue is making custom php system as landing page, while making IPB apps act as part of the site

5 hours ago, Eudemon said:

in that case how do I point page to my custom php system while making it look like in the root

actually that's the first thing came to my mind using htaccess, but it would potentially break some folder structuring,

just wondering if there is a cleaner way to do it

my issue is making custom php system as landing page, while making IPB apps act as part of the site

You should use the pages app for your custom php pages, and leave our software in the root, setting your custom home page as the default page, and pages as the default app. 

it's an user generated custom php system so no way to setup each page one by one,

with links like mydomain.com/tag/something, mydomain.com/category/something, mydomain.com/user/something

if i put index.php in page app, wonder what can potentially break or just have to test and find out

Archived