Sidebar Forums

This plugin will display the categories/forums/subforums in a widget, just like happens with other apps (Pages, Downloads, etc.).

Widget setting:

• Number of subforums to display

Notes:

• Permissions honored: user will view categories/forums with permission to view.
  • Althought it is named Sidebar, the block can also the used in the main area.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, CrashPush said:

Was this plugin created only with the default theme in mind?

Of course! There’s a pattern to follow for obvious reasons, otherwise I would have to release one version for each theme out there! Or do you think I have all the themes to test?

12 minutes ago, CrashPush said:

Is there anything I can do to match the look of my theme?

I don’t have crystal ball. I already requested you screenshot or link from your forum or theme name... nothing so far!

But the plugin is as it is: it respects the IPS theme pattern. If your theme doesn’t, then it’s not a plugin issue. 

See it running in a custom theme: https://community.brickpicker.com/

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Just bought this and it works fine on a desktop

But on a mobile phone or table it's not showing the forum list - it compresses the box and removes all the text

True. Will take a look now.

3 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

BTW Adriano - did you get my pm message in the crowdfunding pm thread?

No. When did you send?

6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Just bought this and it works fine on a desktop

But on a mobile phone or table it's not showing the forum list - it compresses the box and removes all the text

Actually it doesn't show on mobile. It was based on Downloads/Page apps and see how it appears there:

- PC:

0eDjoWA.png

- Mobile:

ed7TiIc.png

Mine is actually missing the SHOW ALL FORUMS link or even doesn't even show on mobile. Probably that's what I will do.

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Hi, was a reply to the private message titled - Crowdfunding 1.0.0 - Will bump it again now so it goes top of your list

Ok.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 12:41 AM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.0.1:

• Display categories/forums list in mobile devices.

VHrdsd1.png

You can see it online here.

Hey, Can you make it collapsible and leaving floating arrow?(Mobile)

Would be great addition :) 

Edited by IceCore
  • 3 weeks later...

If you choose to limit it, of course...it is your plugin to define as you want.  This is just a suggestion coming from a customer,  I would prefer that it worked that way instead.   As it is, we have a large number of topics, and so it just shows this large number which is more meaningless to the users vs seeing that there are unread topics in the other forums that they could quickly access via the sidebar. 

• 2 months later...