A small search enhancement

Cyboman

If I search in > downloads < (thats what I select) for "xyz" or anything else, and there are no results, the next page switches the header search bar to "status updates".

Why? Wouldn't it be better if it had > downloads < preselected again?

Status updates are the least important selection it could have, if you are searching in a community forum. Just in case, it would be better to switch to "all content" at least

In a forum like the IPS community, the sorting order of the modules in the drop down selection box of the header search bar isn't good.

There should be All Content on the top, then topics as second option. Then downloads, then....

An option to reorder the priority of the modules would be nice.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

There’s nothing to be fixed there. The dropdown reflects the apps order they set on ACP.

Good to know! Nominating this answer for the tip of the week :sorcerer:

If we had any "user documentation wiki" here at IPS, where users could add their secrets, many problems wouldn't arise or could be acknowledged earlier...

Now, 10 years later, I know how to order the default search entries... :thumbsup:

Thanks to you!

10 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The dropdown reflects the apps order they set on ACP.

But we can't change order of apps modules, for example, in Core app we have modules "Profiles", "Status Updates" etc, and if we want to reorder them, we can't do that.

Also it looks like order of this modules in search does not reflects their order from ACP. For example, in ACP i have "Profiles" above "Status Updates", but in search dropdown it displayed conversely.

5 minutes ago, Mr 13 said:

But we can't change order of apps modules, for example, in Core app we have modules "Profiles", "Status Updates" etc, and if we want to reorder them, we can't do that.

Also it looks like order of this modules in search does not reflects their order from ACP. For example, in ACP i have "Profiles" above "Status Updates", but in search dropdown it displayed conversely.

My post is about APPs, not MODULES in the apps.

35 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

ALSO doesn’t mean ONLY.

Indeed. And there is no possibility to reorder modules and suggestion was not only about apps :)

35 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

BUT YES, you won. I give up in try to help OTHERS. :lol:

It is a pity that you perceive this as a confrontation, I just pointed out that the answer "there’s nothing to be fixed there" was incorrect because there is still a problem that can be fixed and this is how we really should help. So if we want to help others we must remember that everyone sometimes makes mistakes and this is not a reason to give up, it's a reason to improve ourselves :) 

Archived