Lasted Visited

Bill Edwards

I would like to clear out our member list by removing those who haven't logged in for X days. Should be simple enough?

I can't find a reliable way of doing it.

I understand that the "Last Visited" date is the last time they logged in. I have a member who's last visited date 22nd December 2016, so If I cleared out everyone who hadn't visited for six months, he'd be gone. But he reacted to a post this month and posted last month so clearly HAS visited more recently than 22nd December 2016!

Any suggestions as to how I do this please?

Many thanks

Bill

23 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

I would like to clear out our member list by removing those who haven't logged in for X days. Should be simple enough?

I can't find a reliable way of doing it.

I understand that the "Last Visited" date is the last time they logged in. I have a member who's last visited date 22nd December 2016, so If I cleared out everyone who hadn't visited for six months, he'd be gone. But he reacted to a post this month and posted last month so clearly HAS visited more recently than 22nd December 2016!

Any suggestions as to how I do this please?

Many thanks

Bill

User can be logged anonymously. Me, for example, shows last visit on Sep/04. So it will not be a good idea to prune members based on last visit date. 

Can anyone assist with this please?

How do other Admin's deal with apparent "inactive members"?

I've created a group "Inactive", downloaded the member list into Excel, filtered any member with content and sorted by Last Visit. I'm looking at the profiles of these members and if there is no activity at all I'm moving them to Inactive. But it's going to take a long time and still no guarantees that because there's no activity they haven't visited.

Also, if I show this group as unable to access the site, they get a message "Banned" when they try to login. I just want it to say something like "Your account is currently inactive, please contact us for full access"

Any help gratefully received. 

• 1 month later...

I am having exactly the same problem.

Members who opt to log in anonymously should still show their last log in to Admins having all permissions in the ACP.

IMHO logging in anonymously should only hide those members online status for other members, but not to staff having all permissions.

Archived