I don't want account Credit for my members auto-renewals

Fierce God

Is there a way for a cloud cliente such as me, 

to make it so the system will not auto take account credit for members renewals of membership packages out of the store?

I just had for the first time invoices generated for 2 members that had account credit, and their credit was taken automatically without them even being on the site...or have given permission for this to happen....unless they need to do this on their end?

@Joel R thx

But the members still want the invoices/membership pack

they were just wondering if they can save the credit and out right pay

This morning, before the members had even had a chance to login, the system had already taken the credit out the account...so they want to save the credit....but not have to worry about racing to the site to the site and beating the system to make a payment

Oh I see.  Usually they're given notice up to X days in advance depending upon your commerce settings, so make sure you give them more time before payment is taken.  

Your original request is not specifically available in IPS unfortunately to my knowledge.  If the client has account credit, it will be used.  Normally you would want that because it means clients can 'load up' their accounts in advance and let the product auto-renew.

@Joel R thx agin

it's either Sendgrid is going to Spam folders or members are just not paying attention.....i have it set 3 days in advance, and 3 days grace

the invoices were just made this morning at 5:04 am USA time, and it immediately took the credit

So, there's no way for admin to be able to set the option for account credit use and when?

If not, this needs to be added by IPS, because, isn't the member's right to be able to save their credit and not use it? Without having to worry about it immediately being used as soon as the invoice is generated? 

I do know that account credit is used as a secondary use for paying and as a back up

But i'm, sure like me, that members would like to have a choice to use it or not......just a suggestion if this is not already possible

Just now, FGN said:

So, there's no way for admin to be able to set the option for account credit use and when?

No. Because that defeats the whole purpose. The point of account credit is exactly to have it available for these payments. If you don’t want it used, don’t put or leave money there. 

As Joel mentioned, one can also cancel renewals to control which subscription products can even create new invoices. 

lol, i think we are missing what i was trying to ask

I'm not saying the members  don't  want the renewal/subscription

I was trying to find out if they can have a option to not have the account credit used as soon as the renewal is used....meaning they want the renewal/subscription, just dont want to use the account credit just yet, or on used when invoice is sent........

So if the member has accumulated .50......that .50 shouldn't be used immediately on invoice generate, i't should be held for when a member is checking out/paying for renewal, with the choice of using the credit with payment, or just using credit.....like how it works on the paypal site....paypal does not take the credit/balance on auto, it asks you if you want to use it

So this should be here too, the member should have a choice rather to use the balance or not....especially if a invoice is generated in advance, the invoice should not take the balance automatically until the member says they want it used, they should be able to save the credit/balance to use. when they want. I don't think that defeats the purpose, because there is not just1 purpose of having credit, no real store has one purpose for using credit/remaining balance? I could be wrong

1 hour ago, FGN said:

ok, finally i got a immediate answer to the original question i asked, thx

so im off to Feedback and ideas forum on here

Yeah you'll need to make a feedback post for your specific want.  There are workarounds as we mentioned 

I wouldn't hold your breath for your suggestion at all, which is why ... Workaround.  

Sometimes running IPS software (or any community software) is not what you dream, it's what you can do.  

Archived