(DP44) Custom Links

• 5 months later...

What's New in Version 1.0.5

• changed parse order. Right now the longest phrazes would be parsed first. For example two phrazes "google" and "google analytics" will be parsed from longer - "google analytics" first (if occured) and then only "google".
  • changed anchor if no title is provided. For example, users could type the word as "Ferrari" or "ferrari" or "FERRARI", among others. For example, if they enter "FERRARI", the plugin will display it as "FERRARI". But if they enter it as "FeRRaRi", the plugin will display it as "FeRRaRi".
  • 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.0.6  

• changed parsing code a little, added blockquotes block parsing due to break member names in some situations,
  • started using cache system to avoid too many resources usage. It would help to increase of the speed of the board.
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a good idea to restrict the link parser somehow, so it won't generate unlimited links. This should be configurable.

Why?

• Google shouldn't crawl my pages and detect a linking overdose. An option would be useful to restrict links per post, links per author, and links per page.
    If you have too many keywords linked, and many keywords are used by the poster, this sometimes results in in a huge amount of links per page. 

• It would be nice to see the custom link CATEGORIES come back, to better organize links if you really have a lot of them.
    In my case for example, I'd like to have 20 categories (for the thematic and synonyms), and each keyword/keyphrase is linking to the same link
3 hours ago, DawPi said:

This app will be upgraded with many more options but I cant you tell the date. I have problems with two of my wrists and no one know what the problem is. Im after ~ 10 visits and planing few more with various doctors to fix me. 😕 ;(

Sorry to hear about that. I have the same problem with my hands and wrists... Have you tried accupuncture? Not a permanent solution, but it helps relief the pain.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/8/2018 at 5:14 PM, Cyboman said:

Google shouldn't crawl my pages and detect a linking overdose. An option would be useful to restrict links per post, links per author, and links per page.
If you have too many keywords linked, and many keywords are used by the poster, this sometimes results in in a huge amount of links per page. 

What's New in Version 4.0.0  

• fixed bug related to alt/a etc. html tags,
  • added option to limit how many times one phraze should be parsed in each post.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a lot of affiliate links, lot of cameras, different spelling, resulting in about 100 custom links.

Instead of entering each entry by hand via the admin panel I generated an SQL statement, pushing all entries from a spreadsheet to the database table.

This went well but the replacements weren't active until i visited each entry in the admin panel and saved it.

AFAICS the data needs to be pushed to a customlinks_linksCachexxxx.php file in the datastore folder.

My question: Is there a direct way to update this in one go without having to visit each entry?

TIA – and I really appreciate your work!

Andreas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...