Individual Permissions over Databases

joshuaj

I would like to see the ability to grant a specific member the ability to create a new record in the database. Currently, I have to create a membership group and allow that group the ability to create a new record.

I'm using the Articles database, and I have different categories. I would like to allow only specific members to create new articles in a specific category. Currently I would have to make a new group and allow that group to create a new record in the database. As my site grows, I will have too many membership groups - as I would have to create a new membership group to allow posting a new article in a category.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

Excellent! And just to double-check: it's not limited to just a single member, is it? I could add you, me, my mum etc to a database, rather than be limited to only one of us? (I'm asking because Blogs has a "one member or whole group" approach, unfortunately.)

Exactly, but it's not on a database permission, right now it's ONLY a category level permission, but we're probably going to enhance this.

59e5a96159edc_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-17um08_55_01.thumb.png.14927c6ffacf023bd6723358a38a5966.png

Archived