What i need ...

• the possibility to search a club ... if you have toooooo much > we have
  • the possibility of categories

car clubs > opel
    car clubs > porsche
    motorbike clubs > yamaha
    motorbike clubs > ducati

• 3 months later...

I vote for this option as well.  Clubs are so nice that its now becoming the norm which means it would be great to add a category to a club (or drop down preapproved selection of categories someone could assign to there club).

Which means filter by category would be nice.

Add different tabs or menu items under Clubs for different categories.  Maybe if you click on Clubs you see all clubs but if you could create other menu items for categories that would be awesome.

I find it interesting that this topic has popped back up given that this was one of the most vocal requests when Clubs was introduced.  

IPS has explained before that you should create custom fields, which are filterable.  Given that clients are still asking for categories:

- either IPS hasn't communicated the feature of custom fields well enough.  Or

- clients know about it, don't care about it, and still want categories like everything else in the suite.  

On 19/1/2018 at 11:46 PM, Joel R said:

I find it interesting that this topic has popped back up given that this was one of the most vocal requests when Clubs was introduced.  

IPS has explained before that you should create custom fields, which are filterable.  Given that clients are still asking for categories:

- clients know about it, don't care about it, and still want categories like everything else in the suite.  

I have been trying for weeks to find a search line to get the results in club pages, something like

http://www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?/clubs/?your%20category="Category#1"

and no success so far.
The search page can't generate that line either.  Not sure if that's even possible.

With a search link, at least I could add a menu with a custom linke and filter clubs. Without categories it's depressing.

On 2018-01-19 at 11:46 PM, Joel R said:

Thanks, I did not know about this.

I tried it on my community and it works, sort of good? If you have many categories it takes a while to sort between them if you want to change the filter (you have to uncheck each category). And URL's generated are not that great (mywebsite.com/clubs/?f1[0]=6). There is definitely room for improvement here. 

5 hours ago, simonle said:

I tried it on my community and it works, sort of good? If you have many categories it takes a while to sort between them if you want to change the filter (you have to uncheck each category). And URL's generated are not that great (mywebsite.com/clubs/?f1[0]=6). There is definitely room for improvement here. 

How does this exactly works ? Is there more information somewhere else ?

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

In ACP club settings, define a custom field.  Then in your club settings, you can choose input for field.  

Yes, :sweat:  I did that.
But I have no idea how to use the values: "/clubs/?f1[0]=6"  cause everything I have tried hasn't worked to filter clubs. AndI have been using the search and I can't fina any explanation or small tutorial. :(    Maybe it only work wiht numbers? cause I tried a "select box"

Archived