Option to see silently edit line

Phil7789

Hey guys,

I need your help. I am looking for the option where you can allow staff members to be able to see, when content has been edited even it was "silently edited". I've looked in to every option I could imagine, google just brought me to a topic where there has been discussed the availability of this option.

Is this option still present? Because I as the administrator (who installed the board) am not able to see silently edited content and I cannot find the option where to enable it.. I've looked into the group permissions and the moderator permissions, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

I must be stupid or blind then. I do not have a option for that within the moderator permissions.

Members -> Moderators -> Edit Group? Then which tab? Or whats the name of the option?

Sry for the stupid questions... never had a problem like this before, always found everything

5 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

I need your help. I am looking for the option where you can allow staff members to be able to see, when content has been edited even it was "silently edited". I've looked in to every option I could imagine, google just brought me to a topic where there has been discussed the availability of this option.

Assuming you're using IPS 4.2.x

I think you're referring to the Edit Log (search for it in Admin CP). It is an optional feature which you need to turn on if you want to see the full edit history of a post:

edit-log-ips2.thumb.png.0ca807085545049f9d1cf69bffdae315.png

Then make sure your Moderators / your group has permission to view the Edit Log:

mod-log.thumb.png.7c6b472927dd669d312e74077260bc7b.png

Silent edits will then appear like this:

staff-edit.thumb.png.3f6abebd8a8c8edaa793a670f64df947.png

And overlay when you see edit history:

edit-history-eg.thumb.png.092f92a42c699aed01bc2058aa2f7610.png

12 hours ago, Misi said:

Members > Groups > Moderators

Click on Edit

Click on Content

Click on Can edit silently?

Thanks for the hint but my problem is that I can't see the edited by line if it was silently edited. I've already set the option you are referring to and my staff can edit silently.

9 hours ago, Optic14 said:

Assuming you're using IPS 4.2.x

I think you're referring to the Edit Log (search for it in Admin CP). It is an optional feature which you need to turn on if you want to see the full edit history of a post:

Yep I am using 4.2.x. Sorry I missed to mention that.

Thanks for the explanation, I will try this out. I would've never assumed that this has to do with a log option as it is inline within a post.

Cheers, Phil

Hey guys,

thanks @Optic14 your solution worked.

I've had a chat with support because I thought that it might be a bug that I can't see the permission when I only activate the partial timestamp log and I would have to activate the full log only to set the permission right.

According to support what I did is a workaround because it should not be possible to "activate" the permission to view a silent edit unless you've activated the full log. For now this will still work, maybe they change it in the future.

I will now use the full log as this is the only official way of seeing silently made edits.

Cheers

Archived