Specific Member Ability To Post In Database - Possible?

joshuaj

Hi,

I"m wondering if it's possible to allow only a specific member to post information in a database vs setting up an entire new membership group? I would actually like to allow specific members to add articles to specific categories. So if I have a person who wants to write about Star Wars, then there would be no need for them to have the ability to publish to Star Trek.

I think the only option at this time is to add these members to a new group or subgroup. Then configure the database permissions per category to choose which user groups can submit to a given category.

It's possible to add individual members as moderators and give them permissions over a specific category in a database... these include all sort of things like locking, pinning, deleting comments in it, etc... all of that except submit new records.

Maybe this could be a suggestion for IPS.

4 hours ago, Faqole said:

Another option is to develop a custom hook to achive that.

I'd advise not going that route - better to use the default IPS system as it will make future changes and upgrades easier. Even though it might seem overkill to set up a group for just one member, at least you've got the future expandability of adding more members to that group.

Archived