(NE) Hide poll results

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Philip Ian Pearce said:

Hi,

i´ve installes on 4.7.8. but the plugin has no effect. Polls results are visible.

All seems ok installed.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text

Could contain: Page, Text

ok, seems it is only working for polls created after installation?

As far as I remember, there will be effective on all polls - I don't believe I put in a "from this point onwards" functonality for only affecting polls made after the installation.

So...are those your currently configured settings in the ACP?

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 months later...

Hey, thanks for this good expansion to the poll tool. What's the correct way to refer to the specific poll that you want to hide the results for?

Edit: Never mind, it's auto-suggesting the names. Thanks!

Edit 2: it would be great if you could apply these features on a per-poll basis. Sometimes I would like to keep the poll result secret until I reveal it and sometimes it would be nice for it to be revealed automatically at the end of the poll.

The settings page seems like it defaults to hide on "all forums", even though I have just saved the settings to only hide the results of a specific poll. Is that working as intended?

Edited by KenuFHR
9 hours ago, KenuFHR said:

The settings page seems like it defaults to hide on "all forums", even though I have just saved the settings to only hide the results of a specific poll. Is that working as intended?

I'll take a look over the next few days.

9 hours ago, KenuFHR said:

Edit 2: it would be great if you could apply these features on a per-poll basis. Sometimes I would like to keep the poll result secret until I reveal it and sometimes it would be nice for it to be revealed automatically at the end of the poll.

Interesting idea - I'll have a think on this for the next time I'm doing a design review.

10 hours ago, KenuFHR said:

I am guessing that this is what you are doing:

1. Toggled off the "All forums" checkbox (which will reveal the "Hide poll results in these topics" setting)
  2. No forums have been selected in the "Hide poll results in these forums (including clubs)" setting
  3. You have then set a specific topic in the "Hide poll results in these topics" setting
  4. Save
  5. The "All forums" option is enabled.

Please confirm if that is correct.

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I am guessing that this is what you are doing:

1. Toggled off the "All forums" checkbox (which will reveal the "Hide poll results in these topics" setting)
  2. No forums have been selected in the "Hide poll results in these forums (including clubs)" setting
  3. You have then set a specific topic in the "Hide poll results in these topics" setting
  4. Save
  5. The "All forums" option is enabled.

Please confirm if that is correct.

Yep, this is correct 👍

v2.0.1 is now pending approval

Fixes

• fixed a display issue with the "Hide poll results in these forums" setting where the "All forums" checkbox would be enabled even though not actually configured.
  • the "Hide poll results in these topics" setting will now suggest only topics with polls.

Changes

• minor language string updates