(NE) Hide poll results

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 4:17 AM, James101 said:

Hey,

I just bought the plugin. Everything seems to be working fine except poll results still show up on sidebar widget. I couldnt find the setting to hide there?

I'll take a look into this for you.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:06 PM, breatheheavy said:

@Nathan Explosion

I tried reaching out to the plugin developer but still haven't heard back. I can't use the plugin until this is fixed 😕 

Hi @breatheheavy - as mentioned on another topic, it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

I'll take a look at the issue with the saving of settings and get an update out for the plugin soon - should be easy enough to resolve.

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'll take a look into this for you.

Hi @breatheheavy - as mentioned on another topic, it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

I'll take a look at the issue with the saving of settings and get an update out for the plugin soon - should be easy enough to resolve.

Thank you!

On 4/6/2020 at 12:09 AM, breatheheavy said:

Hi there, purchased the plugin. Pretty cool. However, one little problem: 

When I de-select the option to "Hide poll results in all forums/topics," then click save... it does not save. When I re-enter the plugin, the option is green again. How can this be fixed? 

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.07.09 PM.png

Right, an explanation as to why this happens:

When you set "Hide poll results in all forums/topics?" to Off, then there are additional fields available:

image.png.557d623d3269e220a3d3adf369227a4a.png

If you leave "Hide poll results in these forums/clubs" as 'All forums' then logically that also means 'All topics' too. Therefore, when the settings are saved then the "Hide poll results in all forums/topics?" setting is reset to On.

I have spotted a bug where the "Hide poll results in these forums/clubs" will reset to 'All forums' after first save, which then results in the issue you are reporting happening on a second save, so will fix that.

image.png

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, darkabyss said:

Any reason why this could be happening?

1. How long after installation did you test? (Poll information is cached, so it may take a little while for the plugin to have an effect)
  2. You could show me your settings so I can see what you have configured for the plugin.
  3. What version of IPS?
  4. What version of the plugin?
  5. "The settings do not allow exemptions" - yes, it does....hence why no.1 is important here.
  6. What group are a) you and b) your friend in?

Update: testing it out now, and looks like something has changed in templates since I released this for IPS 4.5 but I would still like response to the above for further testing please.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Thank you for the quick reply @Nathan Explosion

Apart from the latest you just sent for approval, I installed yesterday, have the latest invision version, and the settings are to hide in all forums, with no selected groups for exemption, and to never show results. I tried immediately and then just about an hour after the install. I tried myself, and had normal members try as well and they could still see the "see results" button or vote and then see the results.

I'll let you know what happens after the new version is uploaded. Thank you again so much!

• 1 month later...

In an attempt to get myself out of a funk with work on a different plugin, I've changed tack and decided to give this plugin some love - and I've taken a look at an interesting request that someone made at some point last year.

A little taster of something which is coming in v2 of this, which will be retitled "(NE) Poll Enhancements":

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@Nathan Explosion when we try to install version 1.1.4 latest version through Marketplace, we get an error popup that says "There was an error installing the resource, please submit a support ticket for further assistance."

System Logs say:

mp_install_error		array ( 'file' => 8756, 'extension' => '', )

Other Marketplace items have no issue Installing.

We were previously running (NE) Hide poll results v1.1.3 but we want to upgrade to v1.1.4 for IPBoard v4.6.x compatibility, because right now the plugin does not work for hiding the poll results.

IPBoard v4.6.5.1

Any idea on a fix?

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

28 minutes ago, hellsgamers said:

because right now the plugin does not work for hiding the poll results.

I'd prefer to understand this before uploading the same version again. Why? v1.1.4 contains NO fixes - nothing. It has been tested by myself against 4.6 and as far as I am concerned it works.

So, when you say that it does not work then can you please elaborate and provide more detail? What exactly isn't working? What are your settings? Did you go directly from 4.5.4 (or earlier) to 4.6.5.1 or was there an earlier upgrade to another version of 4.6.x also? What version of PHP are you using? Are you using a custom theme - if so, does your issue also occur with the unmodified default IPS theme?

I can then take that information and test more precisely on your situation.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF
My members just reported it is working now with v1.1.3
Why v1.1.4 ? Because that is the only version that had a changelog message saying "IPS 4.6.x compatible" so I thought I needed that.

However, I had to manually install it by visiting the webpage, clicking "See Changelogs" to previous version 1.1.3, then clicking the Download button.
When hiding poll results was not working, that was when the plugin was an old version v1.1.1, sorry for the confusion, but the issue still remains for others likely trying to install from AdminCP Marketplace, which only lets you Install the latest version (which is missing possibly according to IPS Staff reply above)?

Edited by hellsgamers

So, to clarify - you do not currently have an issue with v1.1.3 of the plugin?

If you don't, then great - I just reupload v1.1.4 and it's available for 4.6 users to install from the MP.

If you do, then I would like to resolve that before I upload a version that I know has no functional differences from v1.1.3

Just clarify the above (issue/no issue) and I can crack on.

Just now, hellsgamers said:

once installed through the method I mentioned above.

Thanks for clarifying - the method of installation has no bearing on whether it works or not once installed, FYI.

When the v1.1.4 is uploaded and approved, to get future updates you will have to manually uninstall v1.1.3 (as you have uploaded it as a "Custom" plugin) and then install it from the MP.

39 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

@Nathan Explosionpls upload the file again to the mp

Done.

51 minutes ago, hellsgamers said:

@Nathan Explosion when we try to install version 1.1.4 latest version through Marketplace, we get an error popup that says "There was an error installing the resource, please submit a support ticket for further assistance."

System Logs say:

mp_install_error		array ( 'file' => 8756, 'extension' => '', )

Other Marketplace items have no issue Installing.

We were previously running (NE) Hide poll results v1.1.3 but we want to upgrade to v1.1.4 for IPBoard v4.6.x compatibility, because right now the plugin does not work for hiding the poll results.

IPBoard v4.6.5.1

Any idea on a fix?

This should work again.

• 1 year later...