Promote to Facebook

-FP

As of today with API 2.10, promoting to Facebook doesn't seem to work. Up until now it worked without doing the permissions stuff... but who knows if that's the issue now.

image.png.ba63b50b76b223c9d864827072025449.png

And getting that permissions stuff done is super annoying... sigh.

Also for login in using the latest API it's necessary to input the OAuth redirect URL. Up until now it worked without adding that.

I added "mysite.com/applications/core/interface/facebook/auth.php" and Facebook login worked again.

image.thumb.png.6b6ce20bccc5de6be685ab0e90ff02f4.png

(Or you could disable Strict Mode)

Yeah I know what you mean about it working until now. I don't know why sometimes things can't just stay the way they are. Oh well such is life I guess. That appsecret_proof thing is gonna get old. I even added info in the Valid OAuth redirect URIs and it's still showing. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

I already reported this incident to IPS Support Team and they already confirmed that it is a bug and will provide a fix in the next release.

FacebookPromote_Bug.thumb.png.8597493af16b3c0c5f95580f9d9f3b93.png

Your action on adding a valid OAuth redirect URL in Facebook Login is correct; this action was added as an official instruction to integrate Facebook login to IPS community suite since 3.4.x but they removed it from the documentation in 4.x for unknown reason. (I was worked with Facebook integration on my community at that time, so I've already done this)

And I agree with you that getting necessary graph API permissions of Facebook application for IPS logon integration and Facebook page promotion is a bit painful process. And IPS documentation provides a vague set of instruction on how doing this. However, I was able to get all necessary permissions since last month and planned to write a tutorial here soon.

FacebookApprovedPermission.thumb.png.068db7b80d9d50968da9593038d3a269.png

P.S. If you are an administrator of your community's Facebook integration app and also an administrator of the Facebook page you planned to use with the community's Social Promotiom, you do not need to do a graph API permission request.

When I did it earlier today it showed there was a patch but the only thing it said it patched was the Issue with Pages as root via gateway file. I have applied the patch but still having issues with Facebook. I've even been granted the manage_pages and publish_pages permissions as well and it's acting like I don't.

6 minutes ago, Ernest_Defoe said:

When I did it earlier today it showed there was a patch but the only thing it said it patched was the Issue with Pages as root via gateway file. I have applied the patch but still having issues with Facebook.

To clarify:

1. You ran the tool earlier
  2. It showed the first patch shown above (Pages as root via gateway)
  3. You applied and still have the issue?

If so, run the tool again to get the Facebook patch.

If you did apply the facebook patch then log a ticket and reference this topic.

I've ended up submitting a support ticket since I apparently applied the patch before they added the Facebook part to it. Waiting patiently on someone in the support department to address the issue. Those having the same issue might want to submit a ticket or wait on 4.2.6 to come out which should hopefully have the fix in with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having tons of issues getting this to work with Facebook.  Login and "our picks" promotions are not working at all.  I cannot resubmit my app to Facebook because the login is no longer working.  IPB Staff, we need some serious help with the Facebook integration.  Since this was sold as a major enhancement, it would be nice to get some additional support for it.  Help please.  Thank you!

Mike

Mine all work fine, Be sure you have your secret key setup, your API key, groups set up to share and forums allowed. go to facebook developers and set up your social network website APP.  There was an update a month or so back.

ADDED: It will also ask you what facebook page you want everything shared too. 

b033fe5619d7d60b799d5a026c61f1d6.png

• 1 month later...

I need a guru...

Day three repeated attempts on both sides Facebook and the IBP platform.

I am about to scrap this and I have well over 2400 friends on Facebook all interested in Jeeping stuff so it would kinda be a waste to not be able to get this set up....

Can I give someone access and let them do this for me or develop a lot better step by step process so this can be done by a no brainer like me please....

Also the comments above about the Strict not being enforced will change in less than two months so why not just set this up properly so when Facebook enforces it in March we already are compliant and see  no interruption.

I dont remember ever having this many issues for something that is supposed to be so easy...Its not...

Any help is appreciated...

I am now even getting more errors...

I need someone to simply log in as me to my facebook page set this up so it works and set it up on my IPB board so My folks can utilize Facebook log in.,...

HELP please...

I got this error...

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

I got the same one above everyone else gets I have attempted to correct with the PHP authorization link and still nothing but more aggravation

Someone should create a script that does all this for you...

I already did this part like this

https://americanjeeper.us/applications/core/interface/facebook/auth.php

I dread how to set up push to Facebook options and my jeeper page there...

Archived