(DP42) Single Use License Keys

INFO:

Commerce will generate a licence key upon a purchase whereas Single Use License Keys app can pre-generate a key "ready to use" either with or without a sale item.

DETAIL:

A new product (or editing an existing one) via Commerce app and choose to use the Single Use License Keys licence method. The next step is to view the Single Use License Keys application itself and select 'Import Keys' and the product. You then add the keys (copy/paste recommended) and click to complete. Single Use License Keys will then adjust the stock levels to ensure that a client cannot purchase the product if there are no licence keys available for it.

BRIEF:

The overview page in the Single Use License Keys application will let you see the total number of keys that have been already issued and any remaining (free) keys. You can also from this page choose a product and examine its key status too.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It was brought to our attention that this application requires manually uploaded files. As of 4.4.3 you're able to hook into IPS\nexus\Purchase\LicenseKey::licenseKeyTypes() to register your own LicenseKey class within your applications namespace.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, Neutro Short said:

add a option to delete used keys also pls, sometimes if something occur and we have to role back backup we can then delete some keys or so some the list

OK, even if I let you to delete used key then it would be still available via the purchase of the Commerce product. It's fine for you? I rather would send you one modified file with enabled deleting of used keys than enable it for everyone. Satisfied? Send me PM then for more details.

10 hours ago, Neutro Short said:

add option to export unused keys

That's good idea. See and check if it's fine for you:

image.thumb.png.6ee42d579f3e61dec8837df4a83418dc.png

image.thumb.png.b2ec3a470b5e1702591a5226316c1296.png

OK, even if I let you to delete used key then it would be still available via the purchase of the Commerce product. It's fine for you? I rather would send you one modified file with enabled deleting of used keys than enable it for everyone. Satisfied? Send me PM then for more details.

I need to delete the key from the list so that if a user buys the product doesn't end receiving again a key that was already used due to us having to role back a backup 

that is the point of deleting a used key @DawPi

6 hours ago, Neutro Short said:

I need to delete the key from the list so that if a user buys the product doesn't end receiving again a key that was already used due to us having to role back a backup 

that is the point of deleting a used key @DawPi

Done via PM. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, SULINK said:

Hello, DawPi. I upgraded to IPS 4.5 and the app stopped working.

ERROR 2S119/1 The CSRF protection switch does not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Contact technical support for more information.

You're very fast. 😉

Will check it (as other resources too).

• 7 months later...

I just installed this. I changed an existing product to use SULK license keys for new purchases. I purchased a new copy of the product from my own account using my account balance.

The transaction worked and the license keys list shows that one is used, but how does the customer actually receive their key? I don't see it anywhere.

Okay, I found it is hidden away in "Purchases".

This is very confusing. The email the customer receives does not contain the key. After ordering, they are told they can go to "My Orders" but that page does not contain the license key either.

Is there any way to send the key in a way the customer will actually see it? If I have to send out an email every time someone orders something then this is no better than just manually sending keys.

1 hour ago, Interferon said:

I just installed this. I changed an existing product to use SULK license keys for new purchases. I purchased a new copy of the product from my own account using my account balance.

The transaction worked and the license keys list shows that one is used, but how does the customer actually receive their key? I don't see it anywhere.

1 hour ago, Interferon said:

Okay, I found it is hidden away in "Purchases".

This is very confusing. The email the customer receives does not contain the key. After ordering, they are told they can go to "My Orders" but that page does not contain the license key either.

Is there any way to send the key in a way the customer will actually see it? If I have to send out an email every time someone orders something then this is no better than just manually sending keys.

Hello @Interferon,

this is how IPS4 Commerce license system works now. This mod "just adding" new version of it (from normal md5 generated key) - allow your own license keys (from an external system mostly).

So any suggestions about e-mail notifications and changes places where customer may find their keys should be addressed to IPS Team.

Hope you understand me. 🙂