Members Tab (Support Topic)

What settings can we change for this message to go away? I go there to applications and see permissions and then it says "You can control which groups have access to the application by changing the permissions on the modules within the application." so I go to members > groups and what tab has the settings that would allow for this group to be able to see this MEMBER TAB application?

Could contain: Person, Human, Text, File, Webpage, Advertisement, Poster

Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by Bliss99
8 minutes ago, Bliss99 said:

What settings can we change for this message to go away? I go there to applications and see permissions and then it says "You can control which groups have access to the application by changing the permissions on the modules within the application." so I got to members > groups and what tab has the settings that would allow for this group to be able to see this MEMBER TAB application?

Could contain: Person, Human, Text, File, Webpage, Advertisement, Poster

Could contain: Text, Page

To choose who can view the application in the front end, go to ACP -> Members -> Members Tab -> Settings and choose the groups in Who Can Use The Member Tab Module. (#1 in the image below).

To choose which users groups will appear in the list, choose the groups in Groups To Include in same page. (#2 in the image below).

zzFaOZ6.png

Undo the groups deselection you did in ACP -> System -> Applications.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 6/7/2022 at 1:11 PM, Adriano Faria said:

To choose who can view the application in the front end, go to ACP -> Members -> Members Tab -> Settings and choose the groups in Who Can Use The Member Tab Module. (#1 in the image below).

To choose which users groups will appear in the list, choose the groups in Groups To Include in same page. (#2 in the image below).

zzFaOZ6.png

Undo the groups deselection you did in ACP -> System -> Applications.

I followed these steps and I am still getting the same message

Oops!

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. To configure who can access which areas of your site, go to Admin CP → System → Applications.
32 minutes ago, Bliss99 said:

I followed these steps and I am still getting the same message

Oops!

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. To configure who can access which areas of your site, go to Admin CP → System → Applications.

This is not related to the resource. Simply do what the message is suggesting!

On 6/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, Richard Arch said:

@Bliss99 the error message seems to be suggesting that you check the application group permissions accessed from here, make sure the group you are using is enabled.

Could contain: White, Texture, Text, White Board

Could contain: Text, Page, Word

Thank you so much, this screenshot was helpful, I did not realize there was a drop down under members tab called me tab. That was the culprit - a few new groups were not checked off here. THANK YOU!!!

On 6/8/2022 at 3:19 PM, Adriano Faria said:

This is not related to the resource. Simply do what the message is suggesting!

there is an extra step that was skipped in the instructions - see above. thank you!

• 2 months later...

Attempting to load the "info" view for an invalid user ID throws an unhandled exception.

The error is arising on L145 of `memberstab/modules/front/memberstab/main.php` due to the call to `followersCount` on the "loaded" member.

This functionality should either return guest information or handle the case with a proper error. Adding a check for a non-0 `member_id` after loading the member remediates the issue.

Repro: with fURLs enabled, navigate to "/membertab/members/?do=info&id=0"

The "id" parameter's value can be any non-registered user ID.

Also, please set a title for that route. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to report here. Are you saying you’re trying to load manually the popup page with a non existing member? If so, why would you do that? Is there a reason for this?

Title isn’t there because it is supposed to be loaded on a ajax popup, not manually. 

An application should gracefully handle any condition that can be received from user input. A user visiting this URL directly should not be causing our error reporting system to notify our staff team of unhandled exceptions. We have thousands of confirmed cases of real users loading these pages. I don't think the "how" is important, really.

If a scenario is necessary: user A loads an index page that references user B, admin deletes user B, user A views user B's info and faces an exception which should be handled.

-

It's good practice to set a title on any route. Popups may be viewed directly by clients that do not support AJAX. Also, these routes show up in public search results. I can directly view them with a quick Google search. Bad UX.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Clover13 said:

Noticing on desktop when I visit the Members tab, it flashes 6 cards and then loads what it is set to in the configuration (12 in my case).  Any idea?  I tried clearing cache but that didn't change the behavior.

I can duplicate it too with Firefox but it is something related to the ipsGrid, I guess. I can also see this in Clubs membes page, for example. Go to that page, scroll down a little bit until you see All Members and you'll see the same:

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can duplicate it too with Firefox but it is something related to the ipsGrid, I guess. I can also see this in Clubs membes page, for example. Go to that page, scroll down a little bit until you see All Members and you'll see the same:

Yep I see it there as well.  Even set to 6, it flashes a different spacing layout of the 6 and then condenses down to the final view.

Edited by Clover13
  • 4 weeks later...